What Game Are You Playing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wooo, a little bump!

Well, my Xbox LIVE subscription ran out last week... and I don't have the cash to pick up Halo Reach for a few more weeks. Epic fail, I know. Sad

But this also gives me an opportunity to catch up on some games I haven't played yet! I've been neck deep in Super Mario Galaxy 2, and absolutely loving it. It's a blast. I don't think it's quite as perfect as the reviews made it out to be, but I'm really loving it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:15 am Reply with quote  

Since my Xbox 360 died on me, I've been debating whether to get another one or to jump over to Wii. Hearing good things about Mario always gives me a little more incentive. Wink

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Since my Xbox 360 died on me, I've been debating whether to get another one or to jump over to Wii. Hearing good things about Mario always gives me a little more incentive. Wink

Mario bro. Wii is fun as it gets, the Force Unleashed is only worth owning on Wii, and Metroid 'The Other M' will keep out occupied awhile. Plus Wii games are built to be just plain fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

the Force Unleashed is only worth owning on Wii

BARF.

I agree with everything else you say, though lol. I just really love online gaming, and the Wii doesn't have that. I pretty much only use my Wii for the Nintendo games... so its actual use is few and far between.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I agree, Zero. The Wii is definitely not where it's at. Not in my gaming book, anyway. Wink

Everyone I know has a Wii except me, so I've played numerous times. And honestly? I really don't enjoy it all that much. I'd much rather be playing Xbox, SNES, Sega Genesis, or PC. The consoles I have. I'd really like to be playing the 360, but alas, I don't have one. So anyway. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:06 am Reply with quote  

Recently I've been playing Battlefield: Heroes. Not one of the best games out there but its simple and not a hard core shooter which can be more frustrating than fun at times or RPG where I feel I need several hours free to make the game worth playing.

So even though it has the potential to be much better than it actually is I've enjoyed playing it as an escape from the grind of studying lots and lots of anthropological theory.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote  

I've been playing Civ IV lately on my PC. Got it a week or so ago and I've just found out there's a nasty bug in it. Apparently it doesn't work well with ATI graphic cards Sad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I've been addicted to Halo Reach, I love that game so far, Flying in Space is awesome!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

All this time away from my Xbox 360 is really giving me a chance to go through my backlog of games on other systems. I may even (FINALLY!) get caught up!

Right now, I'm having a wonderful time playing Chrono Trigger DS. Once I finish that, I'll only have one more Wii and DS game to beat!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Decided to revisit Starfighter on my PS2 which I'd left unfinished for some reason. I've completed the campaign and now I'm going through the bonus missions.
While the storyline wasn't all that great (I mean, it or the characters featured have no significant impact on the rest of the conitnuity) it wasn't too bad either, and it was an enjoyable enough combat flight simulator, a genre which I always enjoy, though I wouldn't trade it for the Rogue Squadron games.
Now to get my hands on Jedi Starfighter, and I would quite like to try X-wing, which I've always heard good things about...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Got a couple games to choose from right now.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for the DS.

Metroid Prime 3 and Metroid: Other M for the Wii.

And... a bunch of 360 games lol. I've really been neglecting the poor thing. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Hi, my name is Michael, and I've been game free for two months. I come to this gamer's anonymous forum today to tell you that I had a bit of a slip the other day. My sister was playing TFU on the Wii and she couldn't get passed this little bit in the Jedi Temple. The good Samaritan in me wanted to help her, and the gamer in me wanted to take over the control and say, 'that's not how you take down the flame-throwing Stormies. That's how...', but I knew I had to resist. I knew that I should not tread the Dark Side of the Wii. I slipped. I helped her passed just a little problem, but then I stepped away. But I was forced down to the level of pointing out all the little things in the game, like what the ships are, who the Stormtroopers are, the difference between the Wii version and the 360 version. Why it would be weird for Stormtrooper forces would ride a LAAT/i in the beginning of the game and why there would be TIE fighters during he same Vader level. That, and smelling the manual for that new game smell.
Wait, this isn't a GA forum? Ah.

Well, I've got to wait until Christmas for my new Xbox 360 Slim, when I get to finally play TFU iI and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast right now, and enjoying it much more than Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Maybe it's the graphics, or maybe it's the lack of water levels, but so far it's pretty good. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm neck deep in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn right now. It's a great game, and really lives up to how amazing the first two games for the GBA was. My only complaint is that it's been like a decade since the original games first came out, and this new one relies so heavily on the story that it comes with an encyclopedia to fill gamers in. It's a bit... overwhelming at times.

I've also started Metroid: Other M. Just getting my feet wet so far, but it seems to be a competent successor to the older Metroid games. The first-person portions are a little clunky, but I've been liking the extensive cutscenes and backstory. Very interesting additions to the series.

And then on the Xbox 360 front, I'm chugging through Dead Space 2. An absolutely fantastic game, builds on what made the first one so amazing while adding even more amazing stuff to it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dead Rising 2, Dragon Age: Origins, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 36