Audition for voice acting in Solo Sound Audio Drama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  
Audition for voice acting in Solo Sound Audio Drama
 PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hello everyone! In 2011, Solo Sound will be producing a short audio drama. It was be an adaption of the short story by John Jackson Miller, titled "Knight Errant: Influx", which was released on StarWars.com earlier this year. This short drama will be used as a practice run to see if we feel that we can pull of our own original, full length audio drama.

Right now, I have cast every part, except for Vannar Treece. Treece is Kerra Holt's master - you can read the story here: http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/knighterrant_influx/index.html to know what his lines are. Everything he says in that story, he'll say in the audio drama.

Now, I hadn't planned to open auditions to anyone outside of Solo Sound for this drama (though our big audio drama will be open to anyone and everyone), but so far I can not find someone to play Vannar Treece. So, to our male members - if you want to audition, please do. Just send me an email (staff@eucantina.net) with an attached mp3 or wav file of your recording. I would like for you to record these lines:

1. Laughing - "Without subterfuge, we wouldn't get very far. This isn't a place where you can be yourself. Not for very long, anyway!"

2. Stern, slightly angry- "These are not my Knights, Kerra. You know that. They're on loan, more or less. I owe it to Chancellor Genarra not to waste their lives on a ten-percent plan!"

3. Stern, Gentle - "Are you speaking for all of us, Kerra? Because it sounds to me like you're speaking for yourself. And I already know: just one Jedi isn't much good to anyone here in Sith space. You won't get noticed. You won't get anywhere."

My picture of Treece is a man in his 40-50s, with a very strong, heroic sounding voice, but also gentle and fatherly.

So please, every guy who is a member is welcome to audition, but I'd like to have your recording by the 3rd of January. If you have any questions, let me know!

(By the way - if you get the part of Treece, you'll be nominated for a "Best Actor" award in the Star Wars Fanworks Fan Audio awards next year.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, I've received an audition already that is perfect, so I'm going to have to close it. But we'll have open auditions for everyone next time!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Sweet hootenani, that was quick!
But, OMB, is the invitation to ask questions still open? I ask because I was wondering where to get or download some sort of voice recording tech? Or is there some already on normal computers?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The best way to record with with a free program called Audacity. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, Audacity! Your best friend. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I thought that was the dog? Or is the dog called Audacity?

And thanks, OMB!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quote  

Depends if you're a man. Laughing

But Audacity is very useful. I like it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 1 of 1