My wish list for SW EU in 2011
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

At this year's Comic Con in San Deigo what book announcements or news do you want to hear?
Novels set after Fate of the Jedi with standalone hardcovers and duologies/trilogies
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
New Standalones with the Big Three set either Post-FOTJ or classic/New Republic era
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
The last major novel of Del Rey's contract ending Christmas 2013
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Will Tim Zahn get to his Skywalker family novel with Luke,Mara and Ben
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Will there be a Jacen Solo journey novel
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

My wish list for SW EU in 2011
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Here is my wish list for SW EU in 2011.

1.For the last Fate of the Jedi novel Apocalypse to have a massive space battle at lit's climax with hundreds of ships like the Battle of Endor from ROTJ.

2.For Apocalypse to have a teaser for the first novel set after FOTJ.

3.For Choices of One to be as good as Heir to the Empire with awesome space battles,cool interactions with the Big Three and to visit the Unknown Regions again since Thrawn will be in the story and he was there at the time. It would be awesome if the Big Three visit the UR in the classic trilogy era. I heard somewhere on Wookiepedia on Luke's biography that he visited the UR sometime between ANH & TESB. Will he visit in this novel? I hope so.

4.To hear some major SW book announcments at San Diego Comic Con about future novels set after Fate of the Jedi,Will Tim Zahn get to do that Skywalker family novel with Luke,Mara and Ben finally in 2012 or 2013? What will the last SW novel on Del Rey's contract be come Christmas 2013? A major novel with the Big Three or the finalBig Three novel by Matt Stover or a bridge novel to a new series set post-FOTJ starting in 2014.

I just hope there will be more Big 3 novels outside of Fate of the Jedi besides Choices of One in 2012 and 2013. How about a Luke and Han teamup novel set between The Hand of Thrawn duology and NJO or a Han/Luke/Lando/Chewie novel or a Luke/Han/Leia teamup novel where Han tries to relive his old days while the Solo kids are at the Jedi Academy and returns to the Corporate Sector or travels to Wild Space and runs into some old enemies/space pirates while being pursued by an Imperial Loyalist and his fleet of Star Destroyers. That would make an awesome SW novel right there. That would have the feel of not just the classic trilogy but the old Han Solo novels by Brian Daley and the classic SW Marvel Comics series.

Cool Very Happy Exclamation

Very Happy Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

To have a truly epic exploration of The Old Republic era. Not just one or two standalone books. I want something truly epic. Along Saga lines. Have a trilogy of books providing the first story, maybe even a pre-book with pictures so you know what they look like. Then, after that trilogy is finished, have continuing adventures like the post-ROTJ stories, comics, games, anything. Austin said he liked this era on the latest EUC but that it'd never get the same amount of attention as Luke, Han and Leia. That may be true, but it's my favourite era, the exploration of the Sith culture and how the Jedi fought them could be great, and I desperately wish they'd do more than just a few stories.

I guess you can tell Karpyshyn's story, Deceived and Knight Errant are my more anticipated stories of this year Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:33 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I would like an epic series set in the Unknown Regions and/or exploration of the satellite galaxies or a nearby spiral galaxy consisting of a hardcover or paperback trilogy featuring the Big Three(Luke,Han and Leia) or an adult Ben Skywalker and Jaina and Allana Solo as an adult inheriting the Falcon from Han having adventures mapping the Unknown Regions confronting the remaning terrors there and perhaps encoutering a Thrawn clone leading a fleet against the remaining threats in the UR and having adventures also in the Satellite Galaxies the Rishi Maze and Companion Besh discovering new threats there. It would be make an awesome hardcover trilogy by Tim Zahn or Troy Denning with awesome space battles and venturing into unknown space and discovering new worlds and new threats/enemies.

Or how about a hardcover trilogy set in the post-Legacy era where there is either a Third Galactic Republic or Empire and the Unknown Regions and satellite galaxies are mapped and the GFFA have a second Outbound Flight to a new nearby spiral galaxy and encouter new worlds and new enemies and even an InterGalactic Republic or Empire and the main character is a descendant of Cade Skywalker and is set 1000 years after ROTJ and flies a descendant Corellian stocklight frieghter starship that is an updated version of the Millennium Falcon. Millennium Falcon II anyone? That has a faster hyperdrive able to cross the intergalacic void in hours or days instead of 50 years like the Vong ships. All the starfighters and other starships have Intergalactic hyperspace drives and have space battles in the intergalactic void or the GFFA and/or the new galaxy or in maybe some smaller uncharted galaxies in between the GFFA and the new major spiral galaxy. Tim Zahn,Troy Denning or James Luceno should write it as an epic hardcover trilogy.

Hell that would make a perfect storyline for the sequel movie trilogy that was recently rumored to be released around 2019 and would be set 100 or 1000 years after Jedi.
Very Happy Cool Exclamation

Last edited by ronbond007 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:49 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes. Discovering new worlds and new civilizations. Would they go boldly? Laughing

I realise my wish for an Old Republic Saga may not come to fruition, so, I was thinking of a duology or trilogy set after FOTJ with Ben as the main - and only - character from the preexisting main cast. This would be an opportunity to introduce new places, as well as bring in new blood, Jedi, Imperial, GA and non affiliated like smugglers, bounty hunters etc.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would like to see a Jaina and Jag stand-alone. Ideally where there relationship is not the central issue. I think they are a great pair and once they settle down and marry it would be fun to see them working together.

I would like to see the end of prequels and see books move forward. I am tired of reading in circles.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

comanderbly wrote:
I would like to see a Jaina and Jag stand-alone. Ideally where there relationship is not the central issue. I think they are a great pair and once they settle down and marry it would be fun to see them working together.

Yes! Completely agreed. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

A Jaina and Jag hardcover where they have an adventure in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space would be cool. Perhaps by Walter Jon Williams or James Luceno.

Very Happy Wink Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I definitely want to see a Luke and Han team up novel by James Luceno set in the Corporate Sector. I heard Emporer Palpatine was building a castle there. It would be fun if Luke and Han visit the Corporate Sector post-ROTJ and find what mysteries that Palpatine may have placed there or have Luke and Han battle a new galactic power and/or it's enemy fleet there in the Falcon. Maybe a new villian wants to take over the Corporate Sector Authority with evil intentions. And maybe Han can reunite with Doc and Jessa and even Bollux and BlueMax. Perhaps introduce Bollux/BlueMax to Threepio and Artoo.

Also a hardcover trilogy or duology about Ben Skywalker as the lead hero would be awesome where he encouters new worlds,new or hidden sectors of the galaxy and new Imperials and bounty hunters and space pirates or new alien empires from the Unknown Regions or Satellite Galaxies. It should be written by none other than TIMOTHY ZAHN.

Exclamation Very Happy Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, the only duology we know about at this point is the one Paul S. Kemp has been signed on to write. Of course, we still have no clue what that will be about.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, one of the Sues said that nothing's planned so far post-FOTJ time-wise.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yes but there may be post-FOTJ book plans annouced this year. Shelley Shapiro said inan interview on EU Cantina that there looking into how to the bridge the gap between Ben Skywalker and Cade Skywalker right now and that the last FOTJ novel Apocalypse will be a great jumping off point for future books. So perhaps the first post-FOTJ hardcover novel or duology will be announced this year. And I suspect Paul Kemp's hardcover duology will be set ater FOTJ.

I hope Tim Zahn will do a post-FOTJ Ben Skywalker hardcover or duology where Ben & Vestara? travels to the Unknown Regions and meets a Thrawn clone who must solve a major galactic crisis perhaps sometime in 2013.

Very Happy Exclamation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think FotJ has proved that books in this time period are a little stale. Let's give these characters a break, make the readers miss them.

And then focus hardcore on the TOR period, which friggin' RULES.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

VileZero wrote:

A man after my own heart Rolling Eyes
Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
VileZero wrote:

A man after my own heart Rolling Eyes
Laughing

Stayed tuned for tomorrow's column. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I shall tune my blog radio to 98.4 fm, Action Reaction with VileZero from 4pm - 6pm, and shall sit aside it eagerly, everywhere I go, even in the bath. You may want to hurry up though. I can only take water induced electric shock for a certain amount of time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2