S3 - Episode 12: Nightsisters
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:39 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ahahahaa

Stay on target....

LOL

Classic Ladies! Classic!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm very pleased with this episode. Don't get me wrong, I like politics (okay I tried resisting it for as long as possible before giving in) but I wasn't interested in the politics of the earlier episodes, nor of the countless attempts on Padme's life, so it was with a great deal of relief that this episode turned up. So much so that I keep watching it, over and over! finally having Dooku being badass and winning. Ventress, okay, I'm not so familiar with her, but she was quite fun to watch, especially her flashbacks! As I said, I don't know her backstory, but this is one of those times, those rare times, when I think to myself 'I want to know more about this Clone Wars based character.' Okay, I'm gushing, but I can't help it! And that planet! What was it? It looked like a sunnier Ren Var, but whatever, I'm not a big fan of cities, give me ruins and the archaeologist in me comes alive!
I could go on forever about the Dooku battle and the apparent ode to Ep III, but time is short, so for now I'll end with my amusement over the inclusion of the Nightsister's views on men, as evidenced by the Mother's words and tone when speaking to Dooku.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

The planet Dathomir worked for me- I never think a planet on any SW project is entirely one thing, unless specifically said so. So for me I thought the desert like environment was perfect. I wouldn't imagine a DS user's place thriving with greenery.

Actually, while I liked the sand, when I read the Courtship I imagined it as jungleland.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote  

I thought it was an okay episode. I was surprised the witches all had lightsabers, and the laser bows were different. When I watched it I remembered a few gripes but I've forgotten what they were now.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:12 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

The planet Dathomir worked for me- I never think a planet on any SW project is entirely one thing, unless specifically said so. So for me I thought the desert like environment was perfect. I wouldn't imagine a DS user's place thriving with greenery.

Actually, while I liked the sand, when I read the Courtship I imagined it as jungleland.

Oh it is, but I just can't see EVERY planet in the SWEU being one ecosystem. I can see that the PRACTICES of the Nightsisters have KILLED the jungle where they live and this new desert area is what we see from the effects.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I thought it was an okay episode. I was surprised the witches all had lightsabers, and the laser bows were different. When I watched it I remembered a few gripes but I've forgotten what they were now.

Re the lightsabers- this made sense- recall Yoda has already come to Dathomir to negotiate the release of the Jedi survivors from the Chun'thor's wreck. When the Jedi academy ship crashed the nightsisters took many hostage and wouldn't let them leave the planet.

It would make sense that they kept some of the sabers they confiscated.

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Oh it is, but I just can't see EVERY planet in the SWEU being one ecosystem. I can see that the PRACTICES of the Nightsisters have KILLED the jungle where they live and this new desert area is what we see from the effects.

Indeed. I wasn't saying that it had to be greenery, merely that that's how I imagined it, and that I see no problem with DS users being around greenery.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 2