S3 - Episode 15: Overlords
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S3 - Episode 15: Overlords
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote  

Season 3 - Episode 15: Overlords
Airs: January 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM CST/8:30 PM EST (not confirmed yet)
Replays: January 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM CST/9:30 PM EST (not confirmed yet)
Summary: “Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano are drawn to the mysterious planet of Mortis. As Anakin learns about his destiny from a family of powerful Force users—the Father, Son, and Daughter—he faces his most difficult challenge yet. Can he bring balance to the Force?”

Also...

A mysterious force draws Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka to a distant planet, and its inhabitants -- a family of exceptionally powerful Force-wielders -- in an attempt to determine whether Anakin is truly the Chosen One.
Featured Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Son, Daughter, Father
Featured Locations: Mortis

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Methinks they're overstepping the gun with the balance bringing. Honestly, how many times can they do it? 3, 4?

12. No, wait! 13!

But could this be the episode we see Ahsoka turn 'evil'?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:57 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
Methinks they're overstepping the gun with the balance bringing. Honestly, how many times can they do it? 3, 4?
?

I think it's a good way to question what the prophecy means for Anakin. It would seem to some it was his LAST act that brought the Balance.

Me I like to think his PRESENCE brought the balance. Until he chose to walk in the dark side. But he still fulfilled his destiny in the end.

I like to think the Skywalker Blood line is the Chosen One line and thus they bring balance where they find imbalance. They will stand up to darkness and bring forth the light to balance the scales, time and time, and time again. But that's me.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This episode will feature the return of Qui-Gon Jinn, with Liam Neeson providing the voice!!!

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/9854

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:

This is dealing with the Chosen One prophecy so thery aren't making up a new prophecy, just adding layers to an old one.

These Mortis episodes sound pretty ambitious. Mark my words, they will either ber the greatest or the worst thing The Clone Wars has ever done.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm stoked about this story arc. Sam Witwer, Liam Neeson, and more info about the Force and the prophecy... It makes up for some of the earlier stuff this season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If you are curious what they say in the clip:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Speaking of Sam Witwer...he's now a vampire, apparently. Broke my little SW/Smallville heart. But getting back on topic, I kind of agree with Life that the prophecy thing has kind of been overdone. But, who knows, maybe they'll bring something fresh to it.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Speaking of Sam Witwer...he's now a vampire, apparently. Broke my little SW/Smallville heart. But getting back on topic, I kind of agree with Life that the prophecy thing has kind of been overdone. But, who knows, maybe they'll bring something fresh to it.

IDK- to me they've not even begun to mess with the Prophecy. At most we have "A prophecy misread it may be" and Windu with a YOU AIN'T KIDDING face. Laughing

A lot of pondering by Anakin as to what does it mean. But for the most part Obi-wan and Qui-gon seem the only ones concerned with it.

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I'm not sure how it has been overdone. The EU seems to have wisely stayed away from it. I'm curious to see what is revealed about the Force itself with regard to balance. Over the past few years I've developed some theories about the "cosmology" of the Force, it would be nice if I was close with one of them.

Certainly I'd like to see some elaboration on the Living and Unifying Force aspects, to see if what Stover, Reaves, and Luceno wrote about the latter was straight from Lucas.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

this sounds like a pretty interesting episode, either its bad or pretty good. i look forward to watching it Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Meh. Still a little on the fence. As someone said, it has the potential to be the best of TCW or the worst. I'm hoping for the best, obviously, but I'll also be thinking up good sarcastic comments if it's bad Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I love it that Qui-Gon's returning, but something tells me that it's not the "real" Qui-Gon. Remember at the end of Episode III, Obi-Wan hasn't communicated with him until Yoda taught him how to. I'm thinking this is some kind of trick being played on Obi-Wan by whoever is the villain in these episodes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I hope that is not the case. In Rogue Planet, Obi-Wan hears Qui-Gon's voice but doesn't think it is him. Perhaps the episode ends with either Obi-Wan disbelieving it is Qui-Gon or knowing it was him but thinking it was only possible at that location.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How about in a dream? Obi-Wan could have the dream, and think he was dreaming of Qui-Gon, but actually it was Qui-Gon communicating to him.

Oh, and a belated welcome, LivingJediDream!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 3