Ok then. I've posted a list of potential additional rules for the RPG as posted by Jedi_Christopher and myself (assuming these would be amendments to those already posted by Old Master Ben):
1. Your character cannot be a real character (i.e. Boba Fett, Thrawn, etc.) or hire real characters.
2. No altering anything of the characters that aren't yours other than facial expressions. Do not change clothing, weapons, etc.
3. Your character is not God, make battles capable of human beings, and do not take all the enemies, leave some for the rest to take.
4. You can come into contact with real characters, but nothing that would go against the movies or books, (I.E. running into Luke and finding out that you're related)
5. Nothing AU, if the RPG takes place during the movies don't mess anything up, don't "meet" Luke on Endor when he's on Hoth, Don't walk up to him during the movies and say that you're a jedi too.
8. Ask permission via. pm if you want to do something to another character, or if you want them to control yours.
9. Be fair. If the rest of the people are going one way on a ship don't say anything unreal like "the ship's hyperdrive malfunctioned and shot them off in a different direction" to get you where you want to go.
10. Try to keep it as real as science fiction can get, if something hasn't been done in the books, don't do it in an RPG. No suddenly appearing superweapons.
11. New characters approved for a specific RPG may be added after an RPG has started. However, they must wait for any current mission/chapter being played to end first (no joining mid-mission)
12. New characters approved for the RPG must be added in a way that doesn't throw the story of an RPG off. For example if the RPG stranded everyone on a planet with no means of communication new players wishing to join have to wait until a point is reached where the new character could realistically join up (no magical additions of characters/ships when the situation in the RPG makes it illogical or downright physically impossible for such a thing to happen).
I just thought of this as something we might also want to consider given rules 11 and 12 specify character additions to an RPG in progress but do not specify the time frame any new players have to propose new characters in before a mission/chapter of an RPG commences:
13a. A five day warning will be issued before an RPG will commence (be it a brand new RPG or new mission/chapter to an existing RPG). This is to allow anyone who wishes to join but who have not finalized their character time to make any necessary changes.
13b.During the next 24 hours after the five day warning new characters may be proposed and added to take part in the RPG pending approval as required in Character Rule #1. However, after this 24 hour time period has expired no new characters, even if approved according to Character Rule #1, may be added to the RPG that is about to commence and fall subject to rules 11 and 12.
Any thoughts on the above list (alternate wording, remove one of the rules entirely etc)? I can PM Old Master Ben and ask him if he would please amend the posted RPG rules to include any or all of the above rules if you guys like them.