Jedi Expedition: Part 2 - Pursuit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Trix is secured, but you'd better send a medic down to the brig. He ambushed us, how he knew we were coming I don't know but he did and he had help. We...I used physical force to subdue them.

Nykon Graves didn't like hearing that. "Then it's as we feared."

Will laughed, "Careful how loud you say that Master Graves, wouldn't want others to think we have something to fear. Now would we?"

Nykon's expression was as serious as Will had ever seen it. He kept staring out at the stars pondering something. Most likely what to do next Will thought.

Nykon turned away and made eye contact with Will. He could feel Nykon pressing him with the Force, searching his spirit for something. Will wondered if Nykon would see the Darkness that lingered in him still. After a moment Nykon looked away and suddenly called out to Bream Darklighter, "Open a ship wide channel if you'd be so kind Mr. Darklighter." As Bream went to work opening the channel as Nykon asked, Will wondered what Nykon Graves had up his sleeve now.

"Attention... Repeat Attention all crew: There has been an incident recently that has removed certain members of the expedition for now. But this seems to be a sign of something far more sinister at work. We need all Jedi to be on alert for anything amiss. There is something preying on us. I felt it on Hoth, and it seems to have followed our away teams up off the planets' surface. If you notice anything amiss, or notice any companions acting strange; please report it immediately to the Bridge. That will be all for now- we'll keep you apprised of events as they unfold. Nykon out." He signaled to Bream to kill the channel.

Will's jaw hung open, "Did you just... but he was interrupted my Nykon's comlink signaling for his attention. Holding up a hand to Will, he answered the com, "Nykon here. Go"

"Have you gone space sick?!" came Truger's voice over the link, "We went to all that trouble to keep things quiet and you're advertising the problems we've been having?"

"He's got a point Graves." Will agreed.

"I'm sorry, but it had to be done. While you were securing Trix, I noticed the dark side flare all across the ship. Will just informed me things didn't go too smoothly for you as well?"

"Yeah it got a little ugly for a second." Truger admitted.

"Yes, and as I was on the bridge monitoring things I opened myself to the Force and monitored the ship through the Force as well. It's not good." The look of worry on Nykon's face had Will convinced that Nykon knew something was afoot.

Nykon continued, "Something is working against us, and if we don't all unite against it, we'll start to fall one by one. The darkness feels exactly like the darkness that reached out to me on Hoth's surface. Perhaps our Sith found a way to get aboard the ship?" He pondered.

"But then what about Jayda?" Will asked confused.

"Perhaps the Sith found a way to program the ship to fly their on autopilot? I'm not sure. All I know if something from Hoth came up with us....' Nykon's seriousness made the Force feel like permecrete setting up. As though all around them the Force was hardening, and if the Jedi didn't figure out what was causing it; they'd be trapped.

"I agree somethings going on," Will said, a look os worry crossing his face, "I've felt it. When Trix put up his fight... I felt the pull. It almost had me a few times."

From Nykon's comlink Truger spoke up, "Yeah I too noticed a darkness creep into the Force while we were trying to secure Trix and the others. and I saw how close Will was back there to doing something we'd all regret."

Will's head dropped and he spoke in a subdued tone, "Saw that did ya?"

"Yeah, but don't worry pal, I think Nykon's right, alerting all the Jedi on board will make tracking down this darkness easier. I'm going to finish up down here and meet you two in the briefing room in 30 minutes?"

Sounds good." Will said.

"Agreed. We'll see you then. Bridge out." Nykon said killing the link. Turning to Will his voice dropped low so the others couldn't hear, "And so it begins again." He said.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Something had changed. Reaver could feel the shift in the Force. He wasn't found. But he was close to being discovered. He pulled his presence in the White Current back, least the Jedi sense where it was coming and trace it back to Hal Darrun. It wouldn't do to be found again as he had when he first tired to kill Modero.

Reaver had managed to posses Modero's companions, but Modero had found out, and forced him back into the Holocron. For that Modero would die. And to get Modero Reaver needed to remain hidden among the Jedi. He had no doubt the Jedi would track down Reaver's greatest enemy. Well, living enemy, that is. he thought.

"Doc? Do you think I'm well enough to get back to duty? I'm chaffing in here. I need to be DOING something."

Rycck Morgan looked up from the testing equipment he was working with, "I'm sorry Hal... I totally forgotten you were here! Yes, you've been able to leave for over a half hour. Sorry."

Reaver smiled on the inside, yes....forget all about Hal... until it's too late, Jedi.... Hal Darrun walked out of the Medbay and went to his quarters, the picture of perfect health after a very long and horrific mission. Soon the Saber's Hilt would be arriving at Sullust and the hunt for Modero would begin again! But until then, Reaver would keep his presence hidden and wait.

He was VERY good at waiting.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote  

There was one silver lining for Will and that was that his being tempted by the Dark Side was completely understandable if Master Graves was right. At least I'm not turning purely out of free will, not that it excuses my actions It also meant Will now knew that meditation wouldn't solve his problems, not if some Dark Side entity was trying to turn them all. But that was the only real silver lining, and it wouldn't matter much if they couldn't find the cause of the Dark Side corruption on the ship. As a precaution Will wrapped his mind in Force Shield, an impenetrable mental fortress which would hopefully protect him from further influence by this illusive Sith.

It seemed that it was the Will of the Force that he once again become a Jedi Commando ferreting out the Sith that knew how to lurk in the shadows undetected until the Jedi were weak enough to strike down. Not that he had ever minded that job, it just had been the last thing he expected or hoped to do on the voyage. Of course that's one of the reasons Master Gordon brought me on board, just in case something like this happened. I'll give him credit for that, he made sure he built a team that could handle just about any situation the unknown could throw at us.

Will had made his way to one of the computer control stations where he could examine all the records of the personnel on the mission. Specifically he wanted to examine the records of every Jedi on the landing party. But first he sent a message down to the med bay instructing the medics how to answer any questions related to Master Graves announcement. The Sith knows we're looking but we may yet be able to lure him into a false sense of security if it spreads that we aren't looking for Sith He looked at the message to the med bay which explained that it was believed that the landing party had been exposed to a Dark Side mutated hive virus and that all personnel not already scanned for disease were to be brought in for testing and quarantined until it was determined they posed no danger. The message also contained a special coded message for the med bay doctors explaining it was a cover and the message was specially programmed to delete 5 seconds after being opened The cover may not work but it's better than broadcasting that we're looking for a Sith

He then turned to going through the personnel records. Now logically this must be a Sith spirit. There were no extra bodies with us and its unlikely that a Sith could remain unnoticed this long with Force Cloak. No individual is strong enough to hold Force Cloak this long, spread their influence across the entire ship and then have the strength to cloak again. He clicked eliminating all personnel not Force sensitive. No Sith is gonna stick with someone so weak, not if they can jump to a more powerful individual Will then filtered the records for all personnel wounded during the expedition, ordered according to their strength in the Force They're the most vulnerable so our best bet for a start...and from the med bay records that leaves us with about a dozen, dozen and half Jedi

Will sat back in his chair looking at the list of names pondering how best to sort through them. The list flickered as it reloaded, relabeling one of the Jedi listed as critical as now deceased. It was one of the Padawans. At least we got them back to the ship, better to die here than on that Force forsaken iceball. Now if we can just rescue Jayda before the Dark Side claims her life too. Will chuckled softly recalling how alarmed he'd been that there was a Mando infiltrator on the ship when she first ran into him and the surprise of finding out she was a Jedi. She's yet to explain how she got that stuff, maybe she'll finally tell that story once she's back on the ship. Will leaned forward and resumed going through the records, searching for any Jedi who had shown vulnerability to the Dark Side in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:28 am Reply with quote  

Truger walked into the briefing room as he was buckling his holster belt for his blaster pistol. Having taken out Trix with just a lightsaber had worn him out, and he didn't think he had the strength to try and put up another fight against some Sith stowaway.

Truger quickly noticed that he must've been early as he was the only one in the room, so he grabbed himself a chair and kicked his feet up on the table.

Sith. Truger didn't buy the autopilot idea. There's got to be two Sith. One with Jayda, one with us. Probably a master-apprentice pair that was lurking in the ruins on Hoth. The idea made a lot of sense, but the question was what were they up to? Maybe the master took Jayda in hopes of turning her. That would mean he abandoned his apprentice or thought his apprentice was dead. Or...maybe this is part of their plan. Split up, lure us away, and strike. Jayda is just bait.

But there was another possibility. If the roles are reversed, that means the master is on board the ship. The stronger of the two. Someone capable of affecting all of us with some dark side sorcery.

Truger liked that thought least of all. A Sith Master was no easy thing to fight. Especially one who could affect a whole ship filled with Jedi.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

One week ago.

'I hate my life.' said Jax
'I could believe that.' Doc said lightly.
'Tell me why we couldn't have used a speeder?' the human, Jax, grumbled.
'Because I like to make you suffer. It's your lot in life.' Doc mocked.
Jax lurched to a stop, out of breath. He had been running for who knew how long. Closing his eyes to centre himself, he replenished his body with the Force, and turned an evil grin on his two companions. Doc, a taller than normal Duros, stood beside him, leaning on the side of the tunnel, breathing heavily. Zen, his Sullustan guide was also out of breath, although not so much as he was used to travelling long distances in tunnels. For this was his home: Sullust. A planet so hot that its surface was all but inaccessible, and so the native inhabitants lived in warrens, tunnels underground.
This particular tunnel was warmer than most, Jax knew some could reach sub-zero temperatures, but this one was close to an active volcano, and as such the air was warm. Not painfully so, just enough to make it claw uncomfortably to your throat.
'Are you sure you know where we're going?' Jax asked Zen. This was the twelfth tunnel they had gone down in search of the brigand's lair. He knew they were close, the sides of the walls were roughly hewn, new and hastily made, compared to the smart, sharp tunnels of the underground cities. If that didn't convince him, the rampaging horde of Sullustan brigands that had chased them would have settled even the simplest of minds.
Zen warbled in his native tongue, his voice a higher pitch than normal, thanks to a face scarred and deformed, with his nose and cheek flaps torn off - the mark of a deserter from the brigands' gang - and Doc, who understood but didn't speak the language, translated.
'He said he's positive.' Doc said between breaths, his voice gravelly, like most Duros. 'He remembers making these walls himself, but they've changed the entrances, moved the camp, so you have to expect there to be some small amount of trouble.'
'Small amount of trouble?'
Jax said incredulously. He didn't think being chased by gun toting maniacs down however many tunnels was a small amount of trouble. But he stopped himself from yelling at the Sullustan, calmed himself, and said, 'Well, when you've visited all the worlds I have, saved the galaxy as many times as I have, saved as many damsels as I have...' He stopped himself and turned to face down the tunnel. He felt a flicker in the Force. He didn't know what it was, but he understood not to question these things, merely obey them. Without a word of direction, he started running again, augmenting his speed with the Force. Doc yelled at him to slow down, cursing him when he did not, and set of after him. Zen muttered something under his breath, but followed suit.
Soon, all too soon for Jax to feel entirely comfortable with his good fortune, he took a turn that presented itself, almost as a gift from the Force, and stopped. There was nothing but bare rock in front of him, but the Force willed it, and he made it so.
As his two companions caught up with him, he unhooked his lightsabre from his belt, ignited it, the yellow blade suffusing the darkness with much welcomed light, and plunged it deep into the floor beneath his feet. Ignoring the curious warblings of Zen, who was pulled away by a knowing Doc, Jax turned round in a circle, his blade at an angle in the rock. As he completed his arc, he stepped away, and called on the Force to lift the plug up and out to reveal a metal encased room below.
Doc pulled out his long blaster and aimed it downwards as Jax jumped, covering him, ready to fire if there were hostile beings around.
Jax didn't like this place. Not at all. The tunnels were dark, as was expected, but this room seemed to emit darkness, ooze it, seeping into every poor of his body. He held his lightsabre aloft. Whereas in the tunnel the amber hue was warming, in here it just seemed sickly. As if even light was dying. He surveyed his surroundings, finding tables, so many tables, arrayed in neat rows an columns. Medical tables. They had restraints for arms, legs, necks. Some had trays beside them. Some still had implements. Weird implements, all manner of shape an size, but they glistened in the light, showing them to still be sharp. He heard voices now. Not outside, or above, but in his head. So many voices. Crying out in pain, agony, so much agony that he felt his skin burn and rip and he doubled up from the imagined pain. Doc called to him, concerned, but he couldn't speak, merely wave a hand to show he was uninjured.
But he was. Not bodily, but inside. The voices still echoed, tearing at his soul. But he pressed on, gesturing to the others, reaching out with the Force to pluck them, lower them to the floor, an lower the plug into the hole, masking their entrance. Zen spotted a door and they made their way to leave this pit of torture, Jax pausing only briefly when he noticed that the tables often had embedded scratch marks on them, sometimes with bloodied imprints where, he guessed grimly, they, whoever they were, had clawed to get free so hard that they had torn their nails out.
It was with a sigh of relief that he left that room, to find himself in hallways lined with metal furnishings and structure, and he knew this was the brigand's stronghold.
His erstwhile master, Voors, had received a request from the Watchman of the Brema sector to send aid, a Knight, to Sullust to deal with a group of pirates who had been terrorizing the local populace, kidnapping innocents. It was a simple enough task, Jax mused, one that he could handle with ease, but the past pains he had sensed in there made him wonder. Wonder who exactly what he was dealing with, and wonder if he really wanted to find out.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Last edited by Life Is The Path on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote  

Unfortunately the records failed to produce any obvious candidates as hosts for a Sith spirit, but the search hadn't been entirely unproductive. Will had a handful of names of possible Jedi who had been wounded sufficiently to be vulnerable to a Sith spirit while not so physically crippled to make the choice of using them as a host unappealing. There were also a handful of Jedi, mostly lacking combat experience but had escaped unwounded that Will had also pulled as a precaution that the stress of such horrific combat might make them mentally vulnerable.

The door to the briefing room hissed open to reveal Truger lounging in one of the chairs. Will gave a half smile and took a seat at the briefing room table. Silently plugging his datapad into the briefing table console he checked that the records were all set and then leaned back in his chair. Truger may forgive my behavior, but I can't forgive such a shameful act. Not yet, not until we catch this frakking Sith and rescue Jayda from the other one. I've walked too close to the Dark Side and risked everyone's lives. I still could get them killed fighting the one on the Hilt or the one whose got Jayda. We've no idea about that Sith and what his powers are. If no one else I have to prove to myself that I still deserve their trust. Will sat quietly lost in his own thoughts waiting for Master Graves to arrive to start the briefing.

OOC: To IR2: Since I'm not sure how soon (if at all) you want to have Reaver discovered I'll leave it to you to decide whether Hal's name is on Will's list of potential Jedi hosts or whether you want to have Hal slip through that net. As a result I don't have any plan on what to do next with the data so I'll just pick up on how you decide to have Graves use the information.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

One week ago.

'Zen wants to go back.' Doc informed Jax.
'Bully for him.' Jax growled.
'I want to go back.' Doc said evenly.
'Wuss.' Jax hissed.
'You want to go back.' Doc said delicately.
'Now I know you're lying.' Jax snapped angrily.
But Doc wasn't lying. Jax was scared. He hated to admit it, even to himself, but he was, and no amount of Jedi calming techniques, recitals of the code was helping. Besides those few droplets of blood in the torture chamber, the place was clean. Sure, there was dirt, oil marks, droid tread marks, but for some reason Jax expected the place to be drenched in blood, and was surprised when he found it wasn't. Jax led the way, counting on his Force sensitivity to guide the way beyond patrols, obstacles, anything that would hinder their way to the leader's position, Zen was next, shivering slightly but alert, holding a small blaster in his hand. Jax wondered if it was wise to give a charged weapon to someone so obviously on edge. Doc brought up the rear, swinging his long blaster from side to side. He wasn't Force sensitive, and as such had to rely on finely honed skills to sense any enemies behind them and swiftly take them out.
No, Jax was scared of how it felt to him. It was lightened by ceiling fixings, but the darkness was still there. Still pervading the atmosphere like a deadly gas, making him feel sick. It wasn't as bad as the chamber, and for a while he couldn't feel that undercurrent, but it was there. He wanted out.
Soon, barren hallways gave way to an antechamber, one hewn with ornate precision out of the rock, carvings decorating the walls. His lightsabre caste a wan glow over them, the shadows the bumps and ridges making them look more ragged, more vile. Their vision was filled with pictures of things, for what they were beforehand wasn't obvious any more, being tortured. Their faces peeled off, limbs hanging by threads of skin, objects protruding from their torsos.
There was a strangled cry from behind, and he whirled, thinking they were under attack, but it was Zen, garbling non-sensical words, grasping at his face, before he turned and ran, screaming. At once, Doc aimed his blaster at him and shot once, his stun blast caught Zen in the small of his back and he crumpled to the floor without a fuss. They both tensed, ready for an alarm, yelling, any sound to go off, indicating their presence was betrayed, but all was still. Slowly, they relaxed, and Doc went to the Sullustan, checking his vitals, nodding in relief when he discovered Zen was still alive.
Leaving the Duros to hide Zen, Jax turned to study the antechamber. His eyes fell over the walls, willing his mind to not commit to memory the vivid scenes of pain, but to take in information. Facts. Things that could be useful. One thing he noticed quickly is that the practioners were rarely Sullustan. They were there, of course, but were not the instruments of pain, but merely seem to be the collectors, and others, the victims.
Skulls adorned the arch above the entrance. Jax gave the old wooden doors an experimental pull. They were locked, but the old-fashioned bolts were no match for the power of the Force, and quickly they loosened, offering up the other side to him just as Doc returned.
'He'll be okay-' Doc started.
'Who cares if he'll be okay?' Jax interrupted, snarling. 'He could have given us away.'
'And I gave him a sedative to keep him under for the duration of our stay here,' he finished in a tone that indicated he was talking about a day at a health spa rather than a pirate infested cave.
Turning off his lightsabre, thinking the hum could give them away, he led the way in to what he discovered to be a large drinking hall, rock pillars scattered here and there to support the weight, and multiple holes in the sides, leading off to other parts of the enclave. It was also, thankfully, devoid of life, alive or otherwise.
Picking and going down a tunnel at random, they met their first pirates. There were two, and they could easily have taken except for the fact that they wanted to remain hidden until the last possible moment, and so hid in a crevice. They walked by without noticing either of the intruders, and Jax noticed that they wore odd sort of headdresses.
'Ash Angels,' Doc muttered.
'What?'
He pointed to the headdress, obviously thinking along the same lines, 'It's an Ash Angel skull, a bird like thing native to Sullust.'
Jax grunted, 'come on. Let's move.'
But they hadn't gone far until their next run-in, and this time, they couldn't hide.
There were four of them, and Jax didn't even sense them, a fact he clung to to save his shame when one knocked his lightsabre out of his hand. He reached for his short vibro-sword and thrust at the pirate's outstretched arm, missed, and swung a leg around in a wide arc, successfully kicking his assailant in the stomach. Doc had already downed one, a clean shot to the head, before the other two rushed him, getting inside arm's length, making the rifle useless. Letting go, Doc took hold of the armoured vest of the first and fell backwards, digging a foot into his stomach before letting go to launch him backwards. The other, however, came ready, armed with a pike, which he thrust down, but Doc avoided the point by rolling away.
Jax was in trouble. His enemy may have been short, but he was strong, delivering blows that stole the wind from him, knocked the blade from his hand, causing him to retch, sprawled on the floor.
He reached out for his lightsabre, but couldn't find it, nor the short sword. Instead, all he could see was Doc's blaster, which he called to him with the Force. Changing it to rapid fire, aimed at his advancing foe, and fired over and over again. None hit. He cursed. He was useless with a rifle, preferring melee weapons. He grasped the firing cylinder and swung the blaster like a club, hitting his knee. His attacker went down with a grunt, but then he pulled a knife and was just about to stab at Jax when Jax jumped to his feet and, with a triumphant roar, shot the Sullustan in the head.
Immediately he was overcome with guilt. He knew he shouldn't have done that. A Jedi does not kill unless he had to. A Jedi thinks before he acts. But he did not think, merely acted. But the knife...
Swinging the rifle in his hands and bringing it ready in his shoulder, he swept it round, looking for the other attackers, but all he found was an amused Doc, who leaned, nonchalantly, on the wall, returning Jax's wide-eyed gaze with a more gentle one. Two bodies lay at his feet. 'Are you done?' He asked simply.
Taking a long, deep breath, letting it out, shuddering, calming himself, he said, 'it may take a great soldier to take on two at once and survive, but it takes an amazing one to take on the hardest enemy, letting his friend take the two easier targets. But it takes a tactical genius to defeat the hardest in style.'
'Oh yes,' Doc smiled, 'great style. What was it called? Acrobatic Falling Over?'
'Shut up and help me hide these bodies.' It took a while, far too long for Jax's liking, to hide them, but afterwards, they discovered, they were right next to a balcony overlooking a feasting chamber. Where dozens of Sullustan pirates, all adorned with the Ash Angel skull headdress, were eating, sleeping, talking. Doc had spotted a path amidst the groups. They would have to stay low, hide among bundles of equipment, to make it past, but Jax felt confidant that this would be easy.
Then he saw Zen.
He was not alone. Accompanying him were several guards, and one, with a crest sprouting from his Ash Angel skull, led them. He shouted to those in the hall, getting their attention, casting his arms wide. His voice trilled in the warbling Sullustese, and Doc translated. The traitor had come back, he had said, and now he would pay for his crimes, his failures, with his life. 'Slowly.' Doc added sadly.
He did, too. He was tied to a triangular stand, his back bare for all to see. The feather crested Sullustan, who he figured was the leader, took a knife and presented it to his crowd of followers, as if this were a sordid pantomime, and sliced, vertically, down his back. Letting the blade fall to the floor, he reached into Zen's body cavity and tugged hard. Even twenty or so metre's away, Jax and Doc could hear the cracking. The leader was pulling out Zen's ribs one by one, presenting those, too, to the crowd, and each one drew a cheer.
Zen passed out at this point, but he was still alive. Jax gritted his teeth and made to jump down, but Doc grabbed ahold of him. 'Don't.' he warned. 'There are too many of them.'
Pulling his wrist out of his friend's grip, he looked down again, knowing he was right, but knowing he could not sit back and do nothing. He turned to his friend. 'You have thermal detonators?'
Doc closed his eyes, hearing the tone of his voice, knowing it was useless to argue. Resigned, he nodded.
'Find a good shooting position.' He told Doc, and with that he jumped down amidst the baying crowds. He pulled out his lightsabre and activated it. His yellow blade his method of fiery justice. He pointed to the leader. 'You are under arrest.'
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Last edited by Life Is The Path on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:37 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

As Jayda lowered the Shadow Breaker into one of the sinkholes that lead to the Sullustan version of a spaceport, she paid attention to the Dark Man's Force aura. It was growing more and more troubled by the second. Keeping her peripheral Force vision locked onto this turbulence the Sith let bleed off of him, she kept her other senses focused on taking the spaceport entrance tunnel that lead away from the bottom of the sinkhole. With half an ear, she listened to Spaceport Control send her an approved landing pad designation. She knew Sullust had little to no security, and the planet had no authority to turn any vehicles away. But they tried to keep things as organized as possible, all the same.

Following the illuminated interior of the tunnel, Jayda watched as forward pointing arrows glowed forth every few seconds before dimming back into darkness. This tunnel was designed for one-way traffic only, entrance to the spaceport. A separate tunnel entirely was used for exiting, though it lead back to the same sinkhole through which she had just descended.

As she neared the end, the tunnel began to grow brighter, and the Shadow Breaker emerged into the brightly lit interior of the underground spaceport. There was a fair amount of activity for what she had assumed would be a small operation. Contrary to her expectations, however, the carved out cavern was massive. It rivaled the size of a modern spaceport on any outlying world, despite the fact that it was undergound. Impressed, Jayda temporarily let her attention slip from the Dark Man standing behind her. When she caught herself only a moment later, she realized he was gone from the cockpit. Whipping around, she gazed down the corridor that lead toward the rear of the ship. Seeing nothing, she reached out for him in the Force. He was still aboard the ship, obviously, but heading toward the exit ramp. Puzzled, Jayda turned back to the controls. She couldn't worry about it at present. First things first, she needed to set the ship down.

As Jayda located the landing pad she had been assigned, she gently lowered the frieghter down to the ground. As soon as everything was in order, she shut the ship down cold, engaging the security systems to maximum. Once they left the ship, the Sith would not be able to reboard without her. Unless he decided to cut his way in...but that could pose problems of its own, so she dismissed the idea.

Rushing to the boarding ramp, she found it already lowered and the Dark Man missing. Reaching out for him in the Force, she found his aura was bubbling, nearly exploding, like lava out of a volcano. Whatever had spooked him, it was troubling enough that he had seemingly forgotten about his prisoner. If he was setting a trap for her, she could not see the point, and she had never met a better actor.

Considering this for no more than a moment, Jayda thought it prime time to make her escape.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote  

Will just wanted to get the briefing over and done with. They didn't have much time to loose, surely it was just a matter of minutes before they arrived at Sullust and then they'd have to figure out how best to divide their efforts. I for one want off this ship, given how the Dark Side is affecting me I'm probably more of a liability staying here than searching for Jayda. Granted there's a Sith at the end of either path I'd still prefer to take my chances with a Sith who doesn't seem to have this power to influence an entire ship of Jedi. At least searching for Jayda I can do something productive without being such a security liability.

Will glanced at Truger and then at the chrono on the briefing room wall. What's taking Master Graves? The sooner we get this briefing done with the sooner we can try to find this Sith. We also need to start assembling our search and rescue party so they can deploy the minute we're in range.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

One week ago.

The leader laughed. He knew, beyond all reason of doubt, that this impudent fool could not win against so many of his crew. He clapped his hands slowly, mock applauding him. 'Very good.' he said in Basic, but his species' vocal chords made forming the words difficult, and they came out heavily accented, barely recognisable. 'I like spirit. I could have used you in my crew,' he smiled sympathetically, 'but do not abide fools. Even Jedi fools.' He switched back to Sullustese, 'take him. Keep him alive for the Knight recruits.'
Jax knew he could not win a straight fit. Not here, not now, not like this. But that wasn't the point. Before he had jumped down the pirates were still spread out, still collected in small groups, but his intervention had brought them all crowding around. He turned on the spot, seeking out the densest group and, spotting them, reached out with the Force for the first thermal detonator. Instead of throwing it at the group, he flicked it up, high to the ceiling. Just in time, as the timer reached naught, there was a blinding flash, a crash of noise, and then a roar as tons of rock fell down, on to the tightly packed group of pirates.
Taking advantage of the chaos, as the others looked around them, covering their eyes from the expanding dust cloud, Jax leapt toward the leader, swinging his blade up, to bring it crashing in a vicious overhead slash. But the leader's pike was there to meet the blade. His blade did not pierce the pike. Momentarily stunned by this setback, the leader took advantage and kicked Jax in the stomach, hurling him back. Gathering himself, he turned in the air to land on his feet. The rest had gathered their wits, and were descending on him, more wary now, and more spread out. He needed to change that and fast.
He leapt over their heads to land in a corner and whipped his blade out at his nearest opponents, ably scything through a wrist, a thigh, taking them out of the fight. He kept his movements to a minimum, for he needed to concentrate on the detonators that now made their way to crevices in the rock ceiling, including just above him. Satisfied, he flicked the timer and centred himself in the fight. Most were armed with blasters, but in the mass hubbub none could get a clean shot, and it was those closest to him that he took out first. He sliced their weapons in two and then, when they came at him with knifes, even simple eating utensils, he took their arms off. His feet, one in front of the other, were rooted firmly to that spot. As they came, now with vibroswords and staffs, he slipped into what he knew best. He knew how to duel. He smiled, and wondered what he looked like to his enemies. It was not the ones that came on in a rage that he feared, but the ones that loved the fight, that stayed calm, that looked you in the eye with a pitiless stare as they tore your life from you that he feared. At that moment, he was such a fighter. And, at that moment, just as the many enemies came on, just as the timer counted that last second, he jumped, leaving them to be crushed by tons of falling rocks, dislodged by the vaporizing detonator.
He landed on the other side of the room, underneath another. But he was in trouble this time. Before, he could take them on a couple at a time -child's work for a Jedi- but here they surrounded him. Two came at once from opposite directions and he spun, blocking high then sweeping low to cut off the legs of one, he turned, advancing on his imaginary line in the dirt, on one, flicking his wrist to take the sword hand of one, then to make a diagonal slash down that same pirate's chest. He flung his free arm out, smashing his fist into the face of one oncoming enemy, but he missed the other coming from behind.
Doc didn't. The red bolt bore down from the other side of the room like an avenging demon, cracking the Ash Angel skull before ripping through the Sullustan one beneath. His next took one in the stomach, and he doubled over in pain, stopping two from advancing on Jax, but as the seconds counted down, he flung an arm wide, pulling as many as he could towards him before leaping to safety. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the feather-crested leader yell at his subordinates, before making a run for the exit.
Jax had had enough. He may not have been the best fighter, or a demolitions expert, but he knew how to build, how to make things. Forsaking his plan to take them out piece-meal, he gathered the grenades, counting on Doc to keep him safe with precision fire, and planted them in the structural holding points, the places that kept the room from collapsing, and set them for a five second timer.
'Doc, we need to get out of here!' He called into the darkness, where he thought Doc was nesting. He cast his senses towards Zen, and was relieved to find him alive, albeit barely. As gently as time would allow he picked up Zen and suited action to words by running for the exit. Doc jumped down to the floor and ran flat out towards him, dodging attacks. Jax himself put Zen down on his front and kept the others at bay with Force pushes, keeping them bottled up, keeping them in. But Doc had further to run, and had no Force abilities to aid him. He wasn't going to make it on his own. With a snarl Jax leapt to him, lunging his sabre at a threatening Sullustan, picked him up and threw him over his shoulder, before putting in a burst of Force aided speed out of there.
Just in time. There was a blinding flash from above, the heat from it almost burning his skin, and in a thunderous roar and expulsion of dust and rock, the ceiling collapsed.
It didn't sit well with him, being the cause of all that death. But he knew, or at least consoled himself, with the fact that it was self defence, just as earlier was, too. Doc bent down to tend to Zen, but Jax waved him up irritably.
'He'll live.'
'He's just had his ribs torn out. He could crash at any second.'
'He'll live,'
he said more firmly. 'Trust me. I put him in a Force heal.'
Doc looked at him skeptically, his lips pressed in a thin line. After a few seconds he seemed to accept his words. 'Okay. Where to?'
Jax reached out, trying to sense the leader. While he could sense others running around in confusion, he could also feel a dark taint and that, he figured, was what was hiding him. Trusting in the Force to guide him, he took one step after the other, and then those steps turned into a jog, then a run, and soon he and Doc were in sight of the crested leader, who was running for his life down a corridor, turning left at the end into a tech area. They followed in pursuit, but their pace was slowed in the tech area, where all manner of machines blocked their path. After passing the technological maze, they entered a cavern. The cavern was dominated by a freighter underneath a large hole in the ceiling-their means of exit. The running lights were on, and Jax could see the leader in the cockpit, hands flying over the dashboard. At that moment the crested leader looked out and spotted the pair. He turned and yelled into the hold of the freighter, and just a few seconds later six or so armoured humans ran out. They were armed with the odd lightsabre resistant pikes that the leader had.
'Neuranium,' Doc muttered. When he saw Jax's arched brow, he pointed to the weapons. 'They're made of Neuranium. Lightsabres can't cut through it. You're screwed.'
'Thanks for the vote in confidence.'
They advanced on the group, who stood, barring their passage, making no move to attack. He reached out with the Force, but these, too, he could not sense.
'Your leader is under arrest.'
'He is not our leader.'
The one to the fore said.
'Then why protect him?'
'He is our protector, and our servant.'
The guard's voice become firmer, even, but nonetheless with an undercurrent of a threat. 'Leave, Jedi. For if I defeat you, I will make your death last for days, your screams will be left unheard, your pain will be feasted on by my men, and when I do let you die, you will thank me.'
Jax stood still, showing no emotion, save for the slow smile that crept over his face.
'If.' was all Jax said.
He offered his opponents a salute, before pointing his blade to the one who spoke, marking him as the first to die.
He was. He was a good opponent, Jax admitted later, but he was no duelist. He managed to block the first few blows, but quickly Jax had the measure of him. As Doc reined fire on the others, which was absorbed by their armour, Jax plunged his blade into his enemy's knee, collapsing him to the floor. He didn't cry out, he seemed to savour it. That was when he turned a Force blast on Jax, which took him by surprise, sending him hurtling across the decking. One of the other guards loomed over him, about to rip the pike into his stomach, but Doc fended him off with a frenzy of blaster bolts before he, too, was knocked back.
Jumping to his feet, Jax whirled his lightsabre at the guard nearest to Doc, cutting through his legs. He took out his short sword and leapt for the first guard, who swung his pike round in a sweeping arc, but Jax was inside of the arc and he caught the staff in his side, wrapping his arm around it, trapping the weapon before he plunged his sword into the guard's gut, angling it up to pierce his heart. He felt the man's life ebb from his body. Even though he wore a helmet, he looked into his vizor, hoping for eye contact. 'If.' he said again, before his spirit was caste to the Force once and for all.
Pulling out his bloodied weapon, he switched the blade to his left hand, calling the lightsabre to his right. He was not good at duel-wielding, but in a pinch he was grateful of the extra weapon. Doc took the next, jumping on Leglass, shooting him in the neck, before swinging his weapon up to catch another in the un-armoured inner thigh, severing his femoral artery. Jax brought up his Force defence, blocking all but the most powerful Force attack, which, luckily, there were none. They were skilled, yes, menacing even, but these weren't powerful, merely adepts, something akin to a padawan. He blocked a high attack, but another brought the butt of his pike into his side. This one he dispatched by slicing his blade up to the hilt into his neck. He tried to pull it out but it was stuck fast and so he left it there. He blocked another attack, feinted right but attack left with a side-sweep to the wrist, severing it, before Doc shot him three times.
The last guard backed up to the boarding ramp, holding his pike horizontally, hoping to block their advance. He failed miserably. Jax lunged low, which the guard blocked, but opened his chest for a shot, which Doc ably delivered. He stumbled back, and Jax sliced into his armpit, severing tendons, muscle, nerves, making his arm useless. Doc then shot him again in the kidney and he stumbled to the floor.
'Surrender, and you will live.'
'Pathetic dogs.'
the guard spat. He dropped his pike, brought his fist to under his helmet, twisted his wrist, activating his wrist blade, which pierced his neck. Blood spurted and flowed freely from his wound, and he collapsed back, shuddering as his life force left him, until he was still.
Jax and Doc shared an uneasy glance, silently wondering why he would have done such a thing, but put the thoughts out of their minds as the engines gave a loud whine. They rushed aboard, making for the cockpit, where the leader was frantically mashing buttons, banging his fist on the dash, willing the start up to go faster. He stopped when he heard the steady thrum of Jax's lightsabre, so imposing in the confined space.
'Surrender.' He offered.
The leader looked about him, no doubt looking for a way out of the situation, or perhaps another way to attack them and survive. At last he gave up, his posture turning stiff, his face becoming haughty. 'I will not.'
'Surrender. Or I will be forced to attack.'

'My life is forfeit. My life is not my own. My life serves a higher purpose.'
'Oh?' Jax raised his blade, sensing an attack, and Doc readied his long blaster, his finger tapping on the trigger. 'And what is that?'
'Pain.'

And with that he dived towards them, spitting himself in the blade just as Doc fired his rifle. Too late, Jax deactivated his blade, and the crested leader collapsed tot he floor. He spluttered, coughing up blood. His voice warbled in his native language, before, before his voice stilled, his eyelids closing on his large black eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Five days ago.

'What did Master Voors have to say?'
'He said well done, and to get the next shuttle out of here.'
'So: Stay a while and claim our shuttle broke down?'
'Exactly.'

Doc took a sip from his ale, and pondered aloud. 'I wonder what he said.'
'Who?'
Jax asked, distracted, taking a sip of his drink, looking about the bar for company.
'The leader, whatshisname. Taroon Nen.' he meant the pirate leader. 'His last words.'
'Any idea what he said?'

Doc shook his head. 'I couldn't make out the words. I'll work on it.'
They sat in comfortable silence before Jax asked, 'Did you get a good price for the ship?'
'Oh, yes. Enough to live comfortably for a long, long while. Or to have one hell of a week. Take your pick.'

After the fight, they had looked round the caves, seeking anything of use or intelligence, but the rest had cleared out, taking everything they could with them. He figured they wouldn't be of danger any time soon. Once he had cut off the head, the body would no longer be a problem. Doc had taken the ship to an old pirate friend of his, who was encamped on Sullust for the time being, and sold it to him for a decent price. They had left Zen with him, too, but they didn't sell him, not that they didn't try, merely gave him a place to heal in some kolto as well as some bone replacements. Though the pirates had left some basic supplies, a few speeders and equipment, they had thought it best to hang on to those for a while.
'So, a week of the high life?'
'Oh my, yes. I doubt there'll be much trouble. Certainly nothing worse than a bunch of marauding pirates.'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:24 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nykon Graves entered the Saber Hilt's briefing room with Bream Darklighter at his side. Bream had proven a worthy aide, as well as warrior back on Hoth. Having his familiarity with the ship hadn't hurt either. The door slide shut behind Bream.

Truger and Will looked up. Nykon could tell right away things hadn't gone well.

Nykon waited for Bream to take a seat and walked around the edge of the table. "So gentlemen. I've asked Doctor Morgan to join us and he should be ar-- he was interrupted by the sound of the briefing room door whisking open, and Doctor Rycch Morgan entered the room. The Doctor was still dressed in his Medlab blues. Unlike the Medlab surgical garbs, the regular "Medlab blues" were also acceptable dress attire for any Medical officer. He crisply stopped inside the doorway, not letting it close. He looked at the four Jedi in the room, and grinned. "So I take it my timing is impeccable as always?" Not waiting for an answer he continued into the room and sat down across from where Nykon Graves was standing.

Truger nodded to Rycch, who promptly nodded back and did the same to WIll and Bream.

Nykon couldn't help smiling at the younger Doctor. He was full of youthful energy. Nykon recalled his own first days as a Jedi Wander, and the thought of the new frontier of Mastership. Nykon had felt like he could take on the galaxy, one planet at a time. He could see that same purpose etched across the Doctor's face. Nykon continued, "Well thank you Doctor, I was just mentioning to my colleges here that had a concern that needed addressed before we arrive at Sullust."

Rycch cleared his throat twice before speaking, "Rep Gordon is going to die.

Truger and Will looked like someone had hit them with a sonic blaster at 1 meters range. Their shock radiated outward in the Force.

Will's shock quickly turned to suspicion when he realized that Nykon wasn't registering any panic, nor was Bream. He spoke up, "Do I detect an 'unless' coming? He asked.

Dr. Morgan nodded, "Indeed. Rep's been in a coma since he's been brought aboard. But the problem isn't just that. He is dying. Despite our best efforts, his body is in too bad shape from the brutalities he's suffered on Hoth."

Will turned to Graves who was again pacing around the table, "You know about this Nykon? He asked, not as curious as he sounded, he had deduced his answer already, he just wanted to hear Nykon confirm his thoughts.

Nykon stopped and sat down next to Rycch's right; across from Will. Their eyes met and Nykon sent his sincerity and worries for his friend, one of his best friends
to Will. As he spoke the room seemed to drop all sound; as if someone had activated a audio silencer for espionage purposes. "I only recently learned of Dr. Morgan's diagnosis. I've asked to be kept apprised of Rep's situation no matter what time. But as I feared, his recovery is not going to be a speedy one."

Truger leaned forward in his seat off to Will's right, "You just said 'recovery' but the Doctor just said Master Gordon was going to 'die'. What am I missing Doc, spill it already, we've got a lot on the table to address as is, but this is a big one." He leaned his elbow onto the table and awaited the Doctor's response.

Dr. Morgan said, "Well, As I told Master Graver earlier, Master Gordon is somehow deteriorating. He's slipped to a point that our own facilities on the ship can not maintain his life support for an indefinite amount of time. And that my fellow Jedi, is precisely what he needs. Until we can determine what it is that is causing him to continue to deteriorate, he needs to be stabilized, and that means Coruscant."

Nykon continued when Dr. Morgan remained silent. "I've already arranged for Master Gordon to be taken back to Coruscant, and have thought we might capitalize on this as an opportunity to remove Trix from effecting anymore Jedi with his rhetoric.

Bream spoke up next, "My brother Brent and a small contingent of our Guardians who could use the time healing still from Hoth. Enough that Trix will have a full time pair of guards with him at all times, and provide Rep with protection, Force forbid it, if needed.

Truger replied, "I'll arrange for two healthy Jedi to accommodate the shuttle. That way they can stagger shifts and Trix won't be able to overpower anyone, and the Guardians sent won't feel too obligated to keep their guard up at all times, and can heal themselves on the trip as well. These boys have been through Hell and back, the least we can do is make their ride home easier.

Nykon and Will were both nodding their heads in agreement. The intense look of worry, or concern, on Nykon's face did little to diminish the feeling of a void of sounds in the room. It was as if the ship's engines had cut out. The silence was profound, the only thing to break the silence was each others breathing and words.

Nykon knew they needed to figure out what to do now that Rep was leaving the Mission for good, and what to do when they arrived at Sullust. But he knew he still had much to learn about the Saber's Hilt herself before he would be able to feel confidant in the position Rep had placed him in before he had fallen into the coma.

Rep had insisted to Nykon that he could micro mange everything through Bream, that all he needed Nkyon to do was to guide the mission. To stay with in the original mission parameters' as much as possible, and to follow his instincts at all times. He had warned Nykon about Trix in a way, before he'd slipped into the coma. He'd mentioned that certain Jedi were pushing to label various Force practice and techniques. The so called "Grey Faction" who insisted that any Jedi they determined "Grey" were a risk to the Order and needed to be brought back into the fold. And most often even that didn't sooth their bothersome probing into others actions at every turn.

Nykon had found that, so far at least things were easy enough. But when the ship arrived at Sullust, a shuttle, if not shuttles, had to be sent, and Nykon knew that he'd go to the planet's surface if needed, but his new responsibilities to the ship, and the mission, demanded he remain on the Hilt and continue to learn the ins and outs of the mighty ship.

Already he began to miss his little ship The Charity and the freedom of wandering from system to system. Gordon had chained Nykon's wandering spirit to Rep's cause, his mission. And Force willing, he'd not fail his friend. He would do the best he could. and he'd already set to learning as many ins and outs of each station on the bridge, and planned to move to the engine room next. He felt he had to learn as much about the Saber's Hilt as he could. It was just his nature.

Just as it was his nature to drift in thought. He brought his attention back to the conversation that was continuing while he was lost in thought. He tuned back in...

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

Last edited by illogicalRogue2 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote  

...list of primary suspects is on this file Will handed a datacard to Doctor Morgan. Be careful, don't have anyone help you who isn't well trained and experienced in mental defenses. This Sith has demonstrated considerable power and its quite possible that's only a sample of what it's capable of. Doctor Morgan nodded, inserted the datacard into his datapad, glanced at the list quickly and then put it away.

Now then I think that leaves us with deciding who's going to be part of the rescue team and who stays here to handle the Sith spirit. Will looked at Master Graves I don't think I'll be much use to you Master Graves given that I've proved fairly vulnerable to this Sith spirit's Dark Side influence. Master Graves I request to be assigned to the rescue party where I can put my training to good use rescuing Jayda.

Master Graves nodded his approval.

Truger then spoke up I've put together a list of equipment we'll need on the shuttle. I've put in a request already to have the blasters and extra ammo taken out of the armory and put on the shuttle. The rescue party will need every bit of firepower they can get if the Sith who has Jayda was the same one controlling the dark wampas. We'll also need the equipment for emergency medical care just in case Jayda has been wounded

Will broke in Doctor Morgan if you have any personnel with combat medic training that you can spare that would be ideal for our mission.

If we send out the most critically wounded on a shuttle as soon as we get to Sullust that should take enough pressure off the medical personnel to free up one medic.

Will nodded his appreciation. Trugger plugged in his datapad into the briefing room's holoprojector which promptly displayed a long list of names. A few button clicks later and the list was shortened considerably.

That's a list of all Jedi Guardians, heavy weapons specialists, and marksmen who might be useful additions in rounding out the rescue squad unless you can think of any other specialists we might need Will.

No that should suit the purpose of a rescue op fine. I recommend we form a squad of six to eight Jedi plus two pilots to take Jayda's shuttle back to the Hilt if we can recapture it. No sense leaving a Sith Lord with his very own shuttle courtesy of the Jedi Order. Given that we're talking about a Sith I think we'll need at least one Jedi Guardian with us, preferably more but I know we've got a situation here that might require their services more. Considering that we can make due with a marksman or two if you want to stay here Truger and help Master Graves. We could also take a heavy weapons expert in place of a marksman though my preference would be for a marksman as I think the mission will call for stealth more than brute force. I leave it to you Master Graves to decide the final roster for the rescue team.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote  

Truger cocked an eye brow and looked over at Will. "No question about it, I want in on the rescue mission. No offense, Nykon, but down there we'll at least have a foe we can see. We still haven't figured out what we're dealing with on the ship. And I've got a hunch that the one on the ship is looking for the one on Sullust, one way or another. I'm more worried about the one that has Jayda."

He sat back in his seat and let Nykon and Will continue on.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote  

Will nodded and added made a note on his data pad. That sets the roster as myself, Truger, and a combat medic. To round out the squad I think if we add two Jedi Guardians and a heavy weapons specialist we'll be set for whatever is down there.

There's a guy on the security roster whose got training heavy weapons. Supposedly he's gotten good marks in that. Truger shrugged At least that's what I've heard from Fernando Caslet.

It can't hurt to check him out, if Caslet can spare him that would just leave selecting two Jedi Guardians and two pilots. If you think you can spare two Jedi Guardians Master Graves.

OOC: IR2 if you are ok with this set up we can just have Master Graves approve two unnamed Jedi Guardians suggested by Will, Truger or whoever and delegate two unnamed pilots to accompany the rescue party and then consider the meeting concluded unless there are other issues you want the characters to address.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:04 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Graves nodded his approval, "I'll let you two decide who is most pertinent to the mission of recovering Jayda. You'll want to hurry, as soon as we reach Sullust both teams need to be ready to depart."

Rycch Morgan chimed in, "I've already sent word for Master Gordan to be moved to the Shuttle Alderaan Dream in the main hold. His honor guard will have him secured before Trixx's security detail arrives."

As Truger and Will began to confer with each other, Bream Darklighter turned to Nykon and lowered his voice, "Sir, I have some reports for you to look over before you go."

Nykon lowered his head defeated, "You win Bream, I yield."

Bream looked at Master Graves with a look that revealed he had no idea what Nykon was talking about, Will and Truger both burst out laughing.

At least we've managed to maintain our spirits, despite all the recent chaos. That has to count for something. Nykon thought.

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote  

Poor Bream, he's going to have so much to learn Will thought as he let out the last few laughs. Truger wiped a tear from his eye from laughing so hard. Bream sat there holding his datapad with a look of bemusement on his face before regaining his focus on addressing the pressing matters that had inexplicably amused Will and Truger.

Turning back to the task at hand Will and Truger held their own council on which two Jedi Guardians to add to the rescue squad. Gnasp proved himself on Hoth, he'd be a great addition...Too bad we won't have time to get him cleared as not a host for a Sith spirit in time for the mission. Still perhaps its for the best, if things go badly at least Master Graves will have a Jedi with him who knows how to handle himself.

It didn't take Will and Truger long to narrow down who to add to the squad. They were both keenly aware that the squad would be too small to allow any on the job training for some of the less experienced Jedi Guardians. It wouldn't be like Hoth where there were enough Jedi to give the less experienced ones a fighting chance of surviving their mistakes. Each member of the squad would be depending on the others to do their job and one mistake could bring disaster. At the same time there was the Sith spirit on the Hilt to be mindful of, they couldn't just take the very best without consideration to what that would mean to Master Graves if a fight broke out, not if they wanted to have a ship to come back to.

Still there were enough Jedi Guardians with combat experience so the choice wasn't terribly hard. Within a half hour Will and Truger were satisfied that they had assembled a good squad while leaving Master Graves with a Jedi force to be reckoned with if things went very wrong on the Hilt. A button click later and the orders were sent to the Jedi who would make up the squad to report to the hanger bay.

Both standing they turned to address Master Graves who was sitting patiently, or as patiently as could be expected, as he listened to Bream.

The orders are sent. Unless you have further need of us I think it would be best for myself and Truger to make the final preparations in gathering our personal equipment for the mission.

Master Graves grimaced briefly at the thought of being left at the mercy of Bream and his reports without back up. Very well. May the Force see you safely to Sullust and back

Thank you and may the Force be with you Master Graves Will and Truger bowed and then left the room.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 3 of 6