Life.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
Life.....
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Have you ever wondered why this thing called "life" throws you curves?? And, on top of all that, how you can keep a positive attitude during it all? Why????

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote  

Life is so much more interesting with curves, makes it more challenging and unpredictable. How do you keep from letting it get you down? Take your mind away from where it is and take it somewhere where it would rather be...video games, books, friends, etc. Then again I'm an optimist so I have it pretty easy, but there's nothing like a good book to get away from everything. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

I understand the curves....
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

but couldn't life give a guy a break every once in awhile to make the road a little straighter? Curves are fun and a learning experience don't get me wrong, but to have them on consistent basis sucks! A smooth ride would nice right about now for little while anyway. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

"There's no rest for the weary; there'll be plenty of time to sleep when your dead." You got the curves being lessons and tests right, and I've also been told you won't be given more than "he" thinks you can handle. I know what you mean though; I've had plenty of curves recently and there's just more and more coming. I dream of the straight path again but I'll get there eventually. "Those at home dream of adventure; those on adventures dream of home" Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote  

I usually find reminding myself of lucky breaks I've had recently helps make a run of bad luck in a particular area more tolerable. Sometimes though I get really down when I feel that nothing I do seems to improve my luck. Most of the time I find just pushing it all to the back of my mind and not thinking about it works just fine.

The "He" thing......
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I don't want to "date" myself but has anyone seen the movie "Fiddler on the Roof" w/Topol from 1971? He's always talking to God and he has this great one line that goes: "Let's see what kind of mischief I can play on my friend Tevye." Well folks, that's right now is how I feel but it's been this way for awhile.

Trying to keep positive is hard sometimes especially when a wife and kids are involved and the moving forward seems to be going backward. There must be some kind mischief in play. Sad

Okay....
 PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

When it comes to life, explain to me why it has the tendency to laugh in your face? You go to job a interview that you fought to go on. Begged and pleaded to just get your face in there because it's a place you've always wanted to go. Once you're there, the interview goes great, it looks like things will work out then the hourly rate comes into play - it's half of what you where earning at the job you where thrown out of a couple months ago.

There is no way to justify that much of a pay cut when gas milage comes into play. Sure, you need the insurance but the gas, stress and boredom of the job will eventually kill you.

Why does life have the be so painful and have the last laugh. Sad

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:54 am Reply with quote  

Sounds pretty rough Kal, not a whole lot I can say about that one. About the only thing you can do is hang in there and hope for the best.

As for the job, you definitely have to make sure it'll work financially before you take it. Even if you're hard pressed for cash, it won't due taking a job that just won't cut it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

I have....
 PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

too many people telling me."There is always a dark before the light." There is a reason for all this, what it is and where it's going as of right now I just don't know. All I have to do is grab my a$$ and hang on, it has to go my way one day, hopefully soon Smile

Thanks for letting me vent here. Smile It' is tough being home like this.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Life does throw many curveballs. Like I just found out my best friend failed her final and were like in no classes at all this summer. So part of me wonders if we'll still keep in touch.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life is an odd thing. What's the purpose of it? Is there something that controls our emotions, feelings, and actions in life? Are we a ten thousand year old alien's ant farm? Anything is possible. Laughing

Life has it's ups and downs..... But you have to look forward to the ups. It's the bright side of life. Very Happy

I guess......
 PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I should rent Monty Pythons' The Meaning of Life. There is that song that goes . . . "Always look on the bright side of life." Maybe that could cheer me up. Razz

I guess a lot of it is patience, something that I'm lacking about now. I just want life to finally let me start moving forward. Whatever it brings, let me start moving again, not at a stand still or backward. Backward is never good, that's why I turned down a job because it would have just moved me so far back and made me feel like I short changed myself and family, there would have been no way to recover from it.

A note to all of you out there who are just about are just starting a career; if somewhere down the road in the back of your head you get the feeling you are being short changed or you're short changing yourself - listen to it! You will have the hardest time recovering from it then you realize. Never take something that gives you a bad feeling, never.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote  

-In reference to Monty Python

Yeah, they start singing right after the Kamikaze Brigade commits mass suicide. That was a hoot! All that build up for a short, intense laugh... Laughing

Just to brighten my life at the moment....
 PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:19 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

.... put Life of Brian, Holy Grail and Meaning of Life on my Netflix. They are sadly at the bottom of the list right now but one day, they will brighten my day.

Thanks to everyone who has read all this and let me vent. It ain't over till it's over but there must be a reason why I'm at this point in my life. Alfred Pennyworth from Batman Begins put it best - "Why do we fall? So we can get back up and learn from it" or something like that. There has to be a reason why.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I like to think of life as just a game almost... you keep trying to stive, sometimes you mess up, but really messing up is okay, but giving up is when you actually lose. And while contentment is a great state to be in, and allows you to appreciate what you have (you're not jobless, you have place to live, you can eat everyday, you have a nice and loving community (that's us), to socialize with) many people don't have those outlets)... but there is more to life than beign content, always trying to grow, not just say mentally by learning, but by looking for opportunties, whether it's an opportuntity to experience some event, or to hang out with new people... this is an important drive to have , it more than just gives you something to do, it can really help you accomplish things, and even if you're happy with what you have, you can help yourself and others, just by constantly exploring your options...

"Curiousity may have killed the cat, but i say had the cat not been curious it might as well have already been dead"

I'm just trying to say it's good to always look at the bright side of things, as well as the practical, you dont' want to be delusional : ), always just be confident and explore where you can, that's the only sure-fire way to move out of things when you hit a slump.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 1 of 2