I Wonder
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Wonder
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

If you've got something on your mind, here's the place to jot them down.

Leave your wonders here.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote  

Lately I've been wondering if there isn't something to the idea of ancient astronauts. In particular, consider the story of Adam and Eve. Why would you put two people in a garden and put a particular tree there they shouldn't eat from? There's only one reason: it's a test.

Furthermore, you have Adam naming the animals. As soon as the eat the fruit, they get cast out of the garden. As soon as they acquire knowledge. Once given knowledge they are cast out of the garden.

Okay, here's where I'm gong to get loony. You have two subjects, you're testing them. There's a world being created, populated with life. Then poof...you put your two subjects on the world. What if the garden is not on earth? What if the garden, a utopian place where all your needs are taken care of, is simply a place on a spaceship. A controlled environment. Once you're educated, your put on a world.

Who knows, maybe angels are aliens. No one said they actually had to have wings and fly. Give me a spaceship any day.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't know I prefer a utopian garden. Cool Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote  

I wonder what will be collectible in ten years. For instance, old comics are worthy money now because back then, kids were rough with their stuff and didn't treat them like valuable items, thus they became rare. But what items do kids have nowadays that will become rare and valuable in the future?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Justin Bieber merch.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote  

Darth Skuldren wrote:
But what items do kids have nowadays that will become rare and valuable in the future?

Early laptops, ipod first gens, any electronic that was popular but gets thrown out because a new model comes out (similar to the concept of how old cars become very valuable). Editions of the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion that are rated T (it was later rerated as M) (yay for me as I have a collector's edition rated T).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:12 am Reply with quote  

Add to that the original Xbox so you can still play Morrowind. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:37 pm Reply with quote  

I've got mine on PC but I'm sure an old school Windows XP will be valuable sooner or later. I do have a Game of the Year edition with a like new condition full color map of Morrowind which I understand to be rare these days. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote  

I wonder why it is that prisons have issues with murder, illegal drug use, and rape, and yet we are somehow led to believe that these issues can be taken care of in the real world? How can we possibly have any faith in the legal system if they can't even control the crime in prisons! You can't ask for a more controlled environment.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Lately I've been wondering if there isn't something to the idea of ancient astronauts. In particular, consider the story of Adam and Eve. Why would you put two people in a garden and put a particular tree there they shouldn't eat from? There's only one reason: it's a test.

Furthermore, you have Adam naming the animals. As soon as the eat the fruit, they get cast out of the garden. As soon as they acquire knowledge. Once given knowledge they are cast out of the garden.

Okay, here's where I'm gong to get loony. You have two subjects, you're testing them. There's a world being created, populated with life. Then poof...you put your two subjects on the world. What if the garden is not on earth? What if the garden, a utopian place where all your needs are taken care of, is simply a place on a spaceship. A controlled environment. Once you're educated, your put on a world.

Who knows, maybe angels are aliens. No one said they actually had to have wings and fly. Give me a spaceship any day.

Don't tell any fundamentalist pastor that...

I, however, think it's an interesting theory! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wonder...

What would happen in the DC Comics universe if Superman snapped and went crazy. Any fans have any thoughts? Think he could even be stopped?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, there is Bizarro, who basically is crazy Superman - but of course Superman can stop him. If Superman actually went crazy, Bizarro would need to become sane and save the day...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 am Reply with quote  

Old Master Ben wrote:
Well, there is Bizarro, who basically is crazy Superman - but of course Superman can stop him. If Superman actually went crazy, Bizarro would need to become sane and save the day...

Creating a paradox that would probably cause the world to implode (assuming here that such a paradox could produce a chain reaction similar to what Doc predicts in Back to the Future Part II).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Is it bad that I now want that kind of story arc? It would be awesome.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:17 am Reply with quote  

I have faith Batman could stop him. Laughing

As long as he had some kryptonite.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 7