(Mercenary Mission) Character Posting/Approval Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote  

I approve.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:10 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I was wondering, in the roster thread posted by Skuldren, can we all keep track of NPCs we made up? Say, one post per person to put NPCs from their flights or squads?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote  

I've been wondering that as well as I've worked on creating names and developing the members of my flight. It seems like it would be easier than having one person always checking up on whether any new minor NPCs need to be added.

I've mostly got things finalized but I was wondering one matter of rank for one of my characters who is going to be my second in command. I was going to use the rank Flight Officer since it seems like it would be overkill to have a Lieutenant as the second in command. But are we going to use the rank "Ensign" as I suggested or are we sticking with Flight Officer as the lowest pilot rank? I just need to know so I can list the other members of my flight with the correct rank and refer to them correctly in my posts in the RPG.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:08 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sheesh, I never thought an NPC could give me so much trouble, I must have come up with six different outcomes for that fight. Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quote  

Yeah I forgot everyone can't edit my posts (moderator ignorance on my part Very Happy). I think it would work fine if everyone listed the information for their characters and ships in a post that they could maintain. I'll leave mine up until everyone gets there's posted then I'll edit mine so it only has my characters. I'll leave the ship list up though.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quote  

BlueX-WingPilot wrote:
Sheesh, I never thought an NPC could give me so much trouble, I must have come up with six different outcomes for that fight. Shocked

Well you certainly kept my attention with that story. By the end I was very curious to see how you would resolve the conflict. Interestingly enough you got me thinking about how would my character deal with a situation like that so it helped me add a little more depth how I was thinking about my character. So thanks for that as well.

On the topic of minor characters. what about ranks for fighter pilots? Are we using Flight Officer as the lowest rank for a pilot or are we using Ensign? With ships/fighters for NPCs are we free to choose or are we going to have some standard fighter for NPCs? Just wanted to check just how detailed we can be with NPCs.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote  

For NPC's ships I would say you get to choose. Mercs usually bring their own and even if we supplied them with ships, there wouldn't be a lot familiarity between them. I know I've personally picked out ships for each pilot in my squadron, mostly old Clone War ships. I figure they'd be the most numerous vessels out there and would still be desirable for combat.

As for ranks, I'd say the Flight Officer would be in command of a starfighter flight or second in command of a freighter flight. I think ensign would be a good rank for the normal pilots.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Well you certainly kept my attention with that story. By the end I was very curious to see how you would resolve the conflict.

So was I! Laughing

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Interestingly enough you got me thinking about how would my character deal with a situation like that so it helped me add a little more depth how I was thinking about my character. So thanks for that as well.

Your welcome.

It was really fun coming up with the different actions and reactions. To be honest when I started it was going to be a simple in and out brushfire, no blaster fire or anything. But it kind of kept growing. I think it made it a lot more interesting.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote  

BlueX-WingPilot wrote:

It was really fun coming up with the different actions and reactions. To be honest when I started it was going to be a simple in and out brushfire, no blaster fire or anything. But it kind of kept growing. I think it made it a lot more interesting.

It definitely made things more interesting. You're certainly developing an interesting story of how your character deals with being a rookie officer.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Definitely. I found it very fun to read. Very Happy

By the way BlueX, very nice avatar..... Is it a symbol of your character?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Actually yes. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Ah, good idea. Perhaps I should do that... I've had one set picture in my mind of how I've always viewed Magenta. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Did you draw that yourself or did you take it from somewhere?

I've been working on photoshopping a pencil drawing of Adenn in Mando armor... that'll be done soon.
________
Skin Problems Forums

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote  

I've been busy trying to design a logo for my character's ship Sanguine Dawn. I think I've got a good working idea but just haven't had time to work on it. Guess everyone is getting into creating logos/pictures of their characters huh? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah, I guess everyone is.

Jedi_Christopher wrote:
Did you draw that yourself or did you take it from somewhere?

I found it on wookieepedia and modified it.

Jedi_Christopher wrote:
I've been working on photoshopping a pencil drawing of Adenn in Mando armor... that'll be done soon.

I can't wait to see it.

@ Salaris Vorn

I liked the thing where Gavin find's his crew betting on if he would join the fight. Nice touch. Smile

I have a feeling Kadd doesen't know about Karis yet. And unless I miss my guess, when he find's out he'll be furious.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 6 of 7