Roleplaying: Mercenary Mission One
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Captain Karis Jorvin walked back to her flight. She saw her crew standing around by one of her flight's ships, The Rogue. Karis sighed on the inside. That was the one commanded by Mr. Breck. This didn't look like a good sign.

Karis walked up to them and crossed her arms. "Well, I assume you have gotten your ships ready for inspection." She said.

Jonas Drenek stepped forward. "Our ships are always kept in top condition Captain." He said, putting a slightly sarcastic tone her rank. "We know our job, I just hope that you know yours."

"My job, is to do my part in getting this mission completed, and making sure that my crew is not put in any unnecessary danger." She swept her gaze over all of them. "I know what you all think and I don't blame you, but..."

"I am not going to take this." Said Breck interrupting her. "Pretty speeches and fancy words don't tell us what kind of a commanding officer you'll be when the pressure is on." He snapped.

Karis had expected that. And she knew that actions spoke louder than words. But she didn't have time right now, so she had to do the best she could with what she did have. which at this point wasn't much. Before she could say anything Breck spoke again.

"You want to be our captain, prove yourself." Breck said as he pulled out his blaster and aimed it at her. He was only bluffing, but he wanted to see her reaction.

Karis was shocked, and her face showed it. What was he thinking? How was she supposed to handle this? He could be bluffing, but then he might not be, she didn't know him well enough to be sure. Her own blaster was still strapped to her side, but she was sure she couldn't pull it out fast enough. "Knock it off." Karis ordered.

"Is that the best you can do?" Breck asked.

The others weren't joining Breck, but they didn't seem eager to side with Karis either. They just watched to see how this would turn out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote  

“Cap? Wake up Cap.” It was Private Jensen.

“What is it Private?” Gavin asked, slightly irritated I’ve only been in my bunk for 15 minutes and was just starting to doze off so it had better be important

“Its Nova Cap, looks like there might be some trouble brewing. Aloss Breck just pulled a blaster on Captain Jorvin.” Private Jensen said, obviously concerned

Fierfek, we don't need this to be happening so close to launch and it won't be good for anyone’s morale. “Alright Jensen I’ll check it out. Tell Flight Officer Bendell to make sure no Dawns wander over there – I don’t want any of them caught in cross fire if things turn ugly.” Ordered Gavin as he strapped on his utility belt and checked to make sure his DL-44 and vibroblade were secure.

“What are you going to do Cap?” inquired Jensen noticing the extra attention Gavin was giving to his weapons.

“At present? Nothing. Captain Jorvin needs to figure her own way out of this if she wants to earn Nova’s respect. I’m just going to make sure things doesn’t escalate into a firefight, we don’t need to start filling up the med bay with friendly fire casualties before the mission has even started.” Gavin got up and walked down the boarding ramp of the Sanguine Dawn. He looked over towards Nova Flight, it was almost as if time was temporarily frozen over there as Nova Flight waited to see how Karis Jorvin would react. Gavin picked up his pace as he walked towards Nova Flight. Well like it or not your about to be in the thick of it now Vendar. This had better get sorted out fast; otherwise Dawn might get put at risk during the mission if Nova doesn’t shelve any grudge they have against Karis.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Karis decided to try a bluff. "Push me to far Breck, and you won't even live to regret it." She said as she slowly moved her hand toward her lightsaber. She couldn't use it, last time she tried she nearly took her head off.

Breck flinched momentarily. Then got a grip on himself. "You can't use that thing, you need some sort of jedi power."

Karis was quick to reply. "Tell that to the Bounty Hunter on Ando." She said smoothly. She hadn't ever been there, but chances were that Breck didn't know that.

Jonas Drenek was starting to think this was a bad idea, even if she was a rookie, she was still their commanding officer. "Aloss, put that thing away-" Before Breck could respond Karis took her opportunity and rammed her fist into Breck's wrist and he dropped his blaster. Karis kicked it a short distance behind her.

Breck, infuriated at being caught off guard by a rookie, lashed out and punched at Karis before Drenek or the others could stop him.

Karis felt a sharp pain in her cheek as she was sent sprawling onto the floor. She shook her head and started to stand up. "Breck, you are in serious trouble." She said grimacing from the pain in her cheek. So much for trying to resolve this quickly and peacefully, She thought dejectedly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote  

Gavin had been watching the whole thing unfold near some crates stacked in the hanger. It was far enough away that it wouldn’t draw any attention but close enough so he could move in quickly if things started to get out of hand. She’s got guts for disarming Breck like that, lucky too, if Breck had been a little more alert he still might have been able to get a shot off, though it probably would have missed. Gavin flinched as he watched Breck punch Karis. No this is still her show, don’t get involved Vendar, not yet.

Gavin realized he had instinctively reached for his vibroblade and had assumed a combat ready stance to quickly draw his vibroblade. If Breck were under my command he would now be getting taken to the med bay. Even rookie officers shouldn’t tolerate that kind of disrespect, and if she knows anything about being an officer she’ll give him a harsh punishment to let the rest of Nova know that sort of stuff isn’t going to be tolerated. Gavin reflected as relaxed his grip on his vibroblade, and leaned up against the crates waiting to see how the rest of Nova would react and most importantly, how Karis would deal with Breck.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:04 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Karis drew herself to her full height. This wasn't over yet. She was mad now.

Breck's anger was written plainly on his face. "No rookie gets the best of me and gets away with it." He spat. "And I'm not taking orders from one either."

"I may be a rookie," Said Karis. "But in case you forgot, I am also your commanding officer."

Breck pulled out his knife from it's sheath on his belt. "I have had enough of you Kid." He spat.

Karis carefully pulled out and ignited her lightsaber. "I would say the feeling is mutual." She said smoothly. But with fury in her eyes.

Breck took a step back, comparing weapons. He slid his knife back it's sheath. "Lets just drop the whole thing." He said angrily.

Karis deactivated her lightsaber and reattached it to her belt. An odd move to be sure, but Karis was afraid to have it on any longer than necessary. "No Breck, were not dropping it." She said. "Not by a long shot."

Before she could say anything more Breck dove for his blaster. "Don't you dare!" Karis yelled as she pulled hers out of it's holster and sent three blazing bolts sailing through the air towards him. He wasn't able to grab his weapon before Karis's bolts hit him in the side and right leg. He yelled in pain.

Karis walked up and stood over Breck, Aiming her blaster right at him. "Don't you ever pull a stunt like that again." She snapped. "Or I wont miss." She added slowly so every word would sink in.

Karis looked at the rest of her crew. "Does anyone else have a problem with me being in command? if you do keep it to yourself." She said harshly. "We have a mission to complete. I know my job, make sure you know yours."

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:30 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Commander Wil had always walked around the Glitterclaw before a mission, shaking hands and offering encouraging words to the troops. Adenn had tried that for a few missions; though with him, the result wasn't nearly as good. While WIl's and his success rate were comparibly similiar, it seemed that the former Commander had been elevated to a god status with his troops, and that no suceeding commander could ever be better.

People like Keenan Ackbar needed to be silenced or stopped in the Skar'kla Commmandos. He couldn't have officers going around teaching the troops they commanded to disrespect him. He had no idea whatsoever how to go about that, however: even though they were mercenaries, killing him would create unrest and rebellion throughout the ranks.

He'd think of somthing. He'd have to, or his career wasn't going to last very long, and neither would the Commandos.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

OOC: I'm not going to be able to post for a few days. MizzeeOH, you can continue your story and ignore our conversation.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quote  

Gavin smiled. Looks like she handled her first test as their officer rather well. With any luck Nova will shelve any grudge they have with her, at least until the mission is over. Gavin glanced towards Breck who was still laying on the ground and still in pain based on his facial expression though he seemed to be trying to hide his pain He got what he deserved, but he’d better get taken to the med bay soon to have those wounds looked at. As much I don’t like it we still might need him flying with Nova and if we get him to the med bay soon enough the docs can probably patch him up so he fly this mission. Gavin waited to make sure that the “inspection” was done and that the Flight had been dismissed so he wouldn’t interfere with anything. He then began walking towards Karis to ask if she needed help getting Breck to the med bay. I should probably complement her for handling the situation well, you never know when little things like that can give a rookie just the sort of morale boost they need – especially when it’s right before their first battle.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quote  

With his ship all prepped for combat, Saul decided to check on his squad mates. Glancing across the bow of his starfighter, he saw that Dek and Jen'ri were still working on the Chiliox Charger, Jen'ri's modified I-BEAM star fighter. Saul decided to wander over there first.

"So Dek, what exactly are you guys doing? The Charger's going to be ready in time, right?"

"No problem Lt. Razaar. Just fixing the feed wires to the laser cannons. With these modifications the ship should have a 50% increase in power." Dek had all four arms thrust into an underbelly compartment. "Ten more minutes and it'll be all done."

"Good. I can't afford to have anyone sitting this one out." Saul looked up at the canopy. "Everything all right Jen're?"

The big Anx leaned out of the open canopy with a big grin. "Alls well Saul. I think if this modification with the weapon's systems goes well, we should have Dek look into the other starfighters as well."

"We might just do that, but if it does work out, let's keep a tight wrap on it, okay? We don't every merc in the hangar pestering our mechanic.

Saul continued making his rounds, checking up on his pilots and fighters. Everything seemed to be going well. It made Saul nervous. It never failed that something always went wrong. The trick was having it happen before the battle and not during.

Regardless of his misgivings, Saul went over to the center of his starfighter group and took a seat on a crate. Silently he sat back and watched the tumultuous hangar as its occupants scurried to and fro with their pre-mission procedures. The activity helped him keep his mind busy.

Waiting was always the hardest part.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Karis holstered her blaster. "Take him to med bay." She ordered two of her crew. referring to Breck. "Mr. Drenek, you'll take over command of The Rogue, If Mr. Breck wont be able to join us for this mission." Drenek nodded.

Karis hated to be short one pilot, but either way had it shortcomings. Did she really want Breck on this mission? Could she affort to be without a pilot? If he was able to come then he would. If he wasn't, she'd have no problem about handling things without him.

It looked like the war between Karis and her crew was over. But she wasn't sure just yet. There wasn't a sure way of telling right now. She picked up Breck's blaster and handed it to one of her flight gunners, Wes Vorekk. "Put that where it belongs." She ordered. Wes took it and walked away. "The rest of you are dismissed." She said to the rest of her crew.

Karis touched her sore cheek and felt blood on it. 'Could have been worse.' Karis thought. 'Breck might have actually been able to fire.' Karis sighed. The mission hadn't even begun and she felt like she was fighting a war. One that almost seemed impossible to win.

Karis saw Gavin Vendar walking toward her. "Captain Vendar?" She said surprised. "What are you..." Then she figured she didn't need to ask. He had probably been watching everything that went on.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote  

“I heard that there was some…activity going on over with Nova Flight and wanted to make sure everything was alright. I don’t like surprises this close to launch – especially when it involves people my flight will be working with.” Gavin paused and watched Breck getting taken off to the med bay “I can see you’ve got everything under control though so I suppose my concerns were unfounded.” Gavin began to turn to walk away. “You handled that situation very well Captain Jorvin, if you can handle combat with that same attitude you’ll prove your worth as an officer.” Gavin stopped and looked at Karis “For what its worth to you I wouldn’t have done anything different in your situation." Gavin said departing from his stern formal tone to a less formal and more friendly voice. "You might also want to put some bacta on your wound before we launch.” Gavin then turned and began walking back towards the Sanguine Dawn.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

""Thank you Captain." said Karis before Gavin Vendar headed back to his ship. Then she turned and headed for her own ship.

As she walked back she reflected on everything that happened. And on what Captain Vendar had said. She had handled the situation as best she could. But it couldn't have started at a worse time. A mere few hours and they'd be fighting in space. She hoped that this little "Activity" as Captain Vendar had referred to it, would be enough to get her and her flight through this mission in one piece. And subsequently help keep everyone else in the other flights alive.

Karis took care of her wound and started her inspection. She hoped she would be able to finish it without any surprises or trouble.

Last edited by BlueX-WingPilot on Mon May 05, 2008 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Magenta watched as Karis dealt with her rebellious crew mates. It was no surprise that they treated her that way; Magenta had always had a thorough dislike for the leader of that little gang, Breck, and this only confirmed her reasons to dislike him.

But she did have a grin on her face after the ordeal had ended. She has a new found respect for Karis, whom it seemed was underestimated in her abilities.

Curious about dealing with Karis first hand, Magenta wandered over to Karis to make some conversation with Karis as she inspected her ship. Magenta was done looking at her own ship; it was it excellent condition. And if he wanted, Keenan could come over and speak to her if he wanted, since she was not that far away from him.

"Nice job dealing with Breck," Magenta commented, and it was fairly obvious that she had caught Karis off guard. Shrugging it off, she continued, "Name's Magenta Marr. You're Karis, correct?"

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote  

Gavin walked over towards Flight Officer Bendall’s starfighter where everyone in the flight seemed to be gathering. “So what have I missed that has proved so interesting?” Gavin inquired.

“Oh nothing Cap, we were just taking bets on whether you would join in the fight over at Nova Flight.” Ensign “Zoomer” Bendall – Dawn 4 – said with a wide grin.

“Oh really? And how’d that work out for you Zoomer?”

“I actually did rather well, got most of Zak’s credits too.”

“You did?” Gavin turned towards Zak Bendall “What? you aren’t going soft on your brother are you Zak? Letting him win like that? I thought Zoomer was supposed to be the rash one.” Gavin said with a slight grin

“Well what can I say? I made a mistake. At least the money is staying in the family and not going to someone like Jensen here.” Zak Bendall said good naturedly, though obviously trying to save face from losing to his younger brother.

“Hey common guys you know I don’t spend many credits in cantinas and I’m no Death Stick addict. Besides I’ve been taking flying lessons, and I might have enough money to buy my own starfighter soon so you flyboys might want to treat your future wingman with some respect.” Jensen said, sounding slightly hurt from being made fun of.

“Don’t mind the flyboys Jensen. I’ve got to inspect their ships one more time before launch to make sure they haven’t had their missiles loaded in backwards so there not as hot stuff as they think they are” Gavin said patting Jensen on the shoulder

“All right Dawns fall in for inspection!” Gavin ordered slightly raising his voice and assuming his formal tone brining an end to the joking as Dawn Flight fell in and assembled for inspection.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

"Yes, I'm Karis," Said Karis, a bit taken off guard. Then she smiled. "Nice to meet you Magenta Marr." She was pleased at the complement Magenta had paid her.

Karis thought for a moment. "Your with the, Pearl Flight aren't you? How long have you been with the commandos?"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 3 of 16