(Jedi Expedition) Character Posting/Approval Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:53 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Ok I've been somewhat wondering this Life is your character Jax's looks based off of your avatar here? I can't help but notice the similarity in the green parts of the tunic and yellow lightsaber of your avatar and similar features to Jax's appearance.

Zayne Carrik reincarnated. Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Bumping

UPDATE: This is for the purpose of collecting the story's background info- I will update it as more comes available.

Placement of the story is 3,802 BBY

Timeline References:

5,000 BBY–41 ABY Crosscurrent
5,000 BBY Lost Tribe of the Sith 1: Precipice /LTotS 2: Skyborn
4,985 BBY Lost Tribe of the Sith 3: Paragon
4,975 BBY Lost Tribe of the Sith 4: Savior
3,980 BBY Mandorla
3,963 BBY Knights of the Old Republic: (Comic series)
3,960 BBY Lost Tribe of the Sith 5: Purgatory /LTotS 6: Sentinel
3,952 BBY Tales: Unseen, Unheard
3,951 BBY - Kotor 2
3,802 BBY - JEDI EXPEDITION
(this RPG takes place)
3,678 BBY Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire
3,653 BBY Star Wars: The Old Republic, Threat of Peace
3,653 BBY Star Wars: TOR: Deceived
3,650 BBY Star Wars: TOR: Fatal Alliance /LTotS 7: Pantheon /8: Secrets
3,645 BBY Red Harvest
1,032 BBY Star Wars: Knight Errant: Aflame
1,032 BBY Knight Errant
1,003 BBY–1,000 BBY Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

CHARACTER BIOS:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

SHIPS:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Ok I've been somewhat wondering this Life is your character Jax's looks based off of your avatar here? I can't help but notice the similarity in the green parts of the tunic and yellow lightsaber of your avatar and similar features to Jax's appearance.

That's very interesting. It's not something I'd intended, but it sounds great so let's pretend I did Wink

Actually, I just like the yellow (because of Zayne, yes) and noticed most others had blue or green, with only one other yellow, so I chose that. The green Jedi robes was simply because he's a Corellian. Corellian Jedi were known to wear green robes.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote  

Nifty Life.

@IR2 I thought it might be a good idea to create a separate thread for the timeline, character bios and such (so people don't have to search through thread pages to find the info). So I created this thread:
http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29883#29883

Not to steal your glory but it seemed like it might be more user friendly to keep all that information in a separate thread. It seemed to work well with the Mercenary RPG and I thought such a thread might work well for this RPG (a thread which of course anyone with mod/admin power is free to edit in the interest of keeping it up to date).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Nifty Life.

@IR2 I thought it might be a good idea to create a separate thread for the timeline, character bios and such (so people don't have to search through thread pages to find the info). So I created this thread:
http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29883#29883

Not to steal your glory but it seemed like it might be more user friendly to keep all that information in a separate thread. It seemed to work well with the Mercenary RPG and I thought such a thread might work well for this RPG (a thread which of course anyone with mod/admin power is free to edit in the interest of keeping it up to date).

Most excellent! I was thinking of adding it to the 1st post of this thread- but that works even better!

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote  

So regarding the freighter Will observed on the way to Sullust I thought that could be a freighter full of Knights of Pain responding to Jax's disturbance of their operations on Sullust.

Regarding the art on the ship it is a very subtle reference of the Knights of Pain unit patches which is a shield design with two red lightning bolts converging at the tip on the base of the shield with the main part of the shield containing some sort of skull design. In the case of the Sullust group I thought they might use a star scape pattern to create a stylized human skull. Not obvious enough to have the casual observer spot it or have it stand out at a distance even to someone familiar with Knights of Pain logos, but at close range it is obvious to anyone in the know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds good.

And NOTE TO LURKERS CURIOUS ABOUT THIS RPG- we're always in a place for someone to come in. The ship's crew has never been fully mentioned, and anytime we hit a new planet- (as we have with Life here) you can come in that way too.

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What is this exactly?

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:

What is this exactly?

Basically it is a game. Each player creates a character (or more as is the case with Life and IR2). All the characters then engage in a story (agreed on by the group).

The basics are you write posts that develops your character and their role in the story as they interact with other characters and act/react to the story developments The easiest way to understand how this is actually done would be to browse/read through these two threads:

http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=791

http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1111

To get an idea of what a character bio is (which you must create and post in this thread for approval before playing) check out this thread:

http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1191

If you've got some clarification questions feel free to ask! And as IR2 has said we're happy to add new players. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

And if you are Salaris or Rogue, you get ridiculously aggravated with none of the other members (namely Mara) posting anything!

But she will! As soon as she remembers where the story left off...Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:

You were going to escape and begin making your way to when you run into Jax (Life) and hire him to get you off Sullust in an homage to ANH.

The very end of your last post (on page 3) reads:

Rushing to the boarding ramp, she found it already lowered and the Dark Man missing. Reaching out for him in the Force, she found his aura was bubbling, nearly exploding, like lava out of a volcano. Whatever had spooked him, it was troubling enough that he had seemingly forgotten about his prisoner. If he was setting a trap for her, she could not see the point, and she had never met a better actor.

Considering this for no more than a moment, Jayda thought it prime time to make her escape.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
And if you are Salaris or Rogue, you get ridiculously aggravated with none of the other members (namely Mara) posting anything!

Hey! I've been better! I swear! lol

No it's all good- I find the slowness of our posts allows for more time to think plot points out. When we were posting like 10 posts a day I found it harder to keep up Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Salaris! I remember now exactly where I was going with that. *rushes off to mock up next post*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:

If you've got some clarification questions feel free to ask! And as IR2 has said we're happy to add new players. Very Happy

That sounds like fun! I'll give it a try but I'll probably wait 2 weeks for classes to be done.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

That sounds like fun! I'll give it a try but I'll probably wait 2 weeks for classes to be done.

Sure thing! You can read up on the 1st chapter the Hoth Expedition to see what's happened so far in the story. Just let us know when you're ready and what you're thinking. We're always happy to have more players.

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 30 of 37