S3 -Episode 22: Wookiee Hunt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha, the Crystal Skull is pretty awesome. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Reepicheep wrote:
The Neo Crusader helmet or the Crystal Skull? Or the decapitated Gungan?

There's a decapitated Gungan? I didn't see that!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You can see a Gungan's head in one of the shots. Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I thought the season finale was underwhelming, they built up a lot this season, and provided little secrets.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

RED7 REDEMPTION wrote:
I thought the season finale was underwhelming, they built up a lot this season, and provided little secrets.

See I felt the finale was the best finale of the show. It was great without stepping on anything. It had great pacing, the sounds were to die for.

But I agree with the "secrets Revealed" I feel at this point what TCW staff says about next season will be just as much a lie as the last few.

Rise of the Bounty Hunters. Secrets Revealed. Yeah... from a certain point of view I guess. But that was only cool for Obi-wan... Laughing

I think for me the only thing about the finale that I disliked was Anakin's taking all the blame at the end. I got why the character had to do it, but it felt as cheesy as some of the romance dialogue in Ep 2.

Though I have come to the realization- I'm ok with Anakin being in TCW again- I'd just rather see him with Plo then Obi-wan- and I enjoy Obi-wan at all times but I'm preferring to see Anakin without Obi-wan there. It just feels off. Like I should be believing that Anakin's a Jedi in his own right- not that he recently was promoted but never really left his Masters side and is training his own Padawan with training wheels in a sense cause he's ALWAYS under Obi-wan's guidance himself.

At first I just thought it would be best to remove Anakin as much as possible, but I've found that Plo and Anakin have this kind of connection through Ahsoka and I've often wondered if She'll get taken from Anakin and sent with Plo at some point. (Causer I could see that as well.)

But the finale did more for Ahsoka then most episodes have all season IMO. And I think it's this which I enjoyed the most.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

[quote="illogicalRogue2"]
I've often wondered if She'll get taken from Anakin and sent with Plo at some point.

I've thought the same thing for a while now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You see, I liked the connection that Plo and Ahsoka always had, but I've never thought that Ahsoka would find another Master. There are a few assumptions I make when it comes to her. Two being: That she's there to provide an emotional impact by dying sometime in the war, but most likely during Order 66, and that she is, and always will be, Anakin's padawan. It's probable, I think, that there'll be some contention where the idea arises in show, which causes her to have a crisis of conscience, but ultimately she stays with Anakin.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
You see, I liked the connection that Plo and Ahsoka always had, but I've never thought that Ahsoka would find another Master. There are a few assumptions I make when it comes to her. Two being: That she's there to provide an emotional impact by dying sometime in the war, but most likely during Order 66, and that she is, and always will be, Anakin's padawan. It's probable, I think, that there'll be some contention where the idea arises in show, which causes her to have a crisis of conscience, but ultimately she stays with Anakin.

I Agree. There are a lot of ways to play it out.

Thoug a part of me had wanted to see Yoda seeing that Anakin was still too attatched and pulls Ahsoka from him and sends her to Plo. But I'm happy what ever route they go in the end. I'
m more curious now then anything else.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It was good, but imo, it could've been better for a season finale.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

At least they ended with an episode where Ahsoka was tolerable. I couldn't stand her in the Citadel Trilogy.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The closing moments of Wookiee Hunt was a brilliant end to this season. In those final moments where Ahsoka and Anakin spoke, she displayed so much wisdom and humility - very much like the traditional Jedi we have all come to know and love.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ Agreed. It's nice to see Ahsoka being mature.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Reepicheep wrote:
^ Agreed. It's nice to see Ahsoka being mature.

Thanks Smile I'm glad you agree. To me, those last few seconds really felt like a classic Star Wars-moment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I still haven't seen this one...mostly because I'm lazy. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*Facepalms* Rolling Eyes

You should. Ahsoka impressed me in this, and there was more than just her to like.

If I said there was a dancing Wookiee in it, would you watch it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 3