Favorite and/or Funny Character Quotes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Don't they, though? That's one reason I love Allston so much. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Here's one I finally remember that I got a chuckle out of:

"How do you know it's a Jedi?" Clone Trooper.
"My lightsaber, a clue it is." Yoda
- Episode III novelization

Oh, that Yoda Laughing

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

"I know." Leia looked back at him. "I'll do it Han. But only if you'll help me. Corellia can't play both sides of the field. If the system is going to be independent, it has to be independent. It can't continue to accept all the benefits of GA membership and defy GA law. If you tell them the GA is coming in to compel them to obey, you have to tell them to stop playing games. They have to grease the whole bantha."
Han blinked at her. "They have to grease...they have to what?"
"Grease the whole bantha. It's an expression. From Agamar, I think."
"Sure it is."
"It is. And you're just trying to keep from responding to what I just said."
"No, I'm not. You're right, Leia. No more games for Corellia."
"Then I'll help."
"And more grease for the bantha."
"Don't make fun of me, Han. There are consequences."
"We could grease the protocol droid."
"Han, I'm warning you..."
~Han and Leia Solo - Legacy of the Force: Betrayal

Ha, hysterical! I love Allston. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

"I'm too young to be harping about the old days."-Jaina Solo

I don't think this was intended to be funny, but I harp about the old days all the time, so I laughed out loud when I read. And I'm not even twice Jaina's age. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote  

Quote:
"We could grease the protocol droid."

Poor C3-P0 Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been rereading Outcast the last couple days, and I must say I'm really enjoying it the second time around. This bit right here had me cracking up laughing last night:

Jaina and Master Hamner encountered each other outside the Masters' Chamber. They both frowned.
"Have you seen my new observer?" Jaina asked.
"Can you tell me where your mother is?"
"Come down to the old youngling lecture hall, which he seems to think is a schoolroom for old younglings."
Master Hamner fell into step beside her. "Is that where your mother is?"
"No, that's where he is, " Jaina said. "And you know, he's not to blame."
"Perhaps you know where your father is, and could tell me, and he would know where your mother is."
"He's not to blame for looking like my brother Anakin."
"Your father? Of course he's to blame for looking like your brother. I would have thought it would relieve him. It does, most fathers."
"Master Hamner, please concentrate. Having an observer who looks like my brother can't be a coincidence. It's a cruel joke or an insult, and if my mother and father see him, it's going to make them feel very bad."
"Ah. Excellent. Where might your mother and father be, that they might see him?"
They came to a stop at the doorway of the former youngling lecture hall. The doorway was double-wide and open. Inside, the chamber was mostly unoccupied; round tables had replaced some of the old side-by-side lecture seating. At some of the tables were men and women, many of them older and ex-military by the look of them, the others a mix of ages, all of them apparently very fit.
She pointed to her new observer, who sat with two others, eating a salad and talking. "That one. Tarc."
Master Hamner looked and tilted his head. "He does look like Anakin Solo."
"So you think it's a coincidence?"
"You'd have to ask your father about that, too."
"No, no, that he was assigned to me."
"Oh." He shrugged. "Really, I couldn't tell. The assignments are handled out of the Chief of State's office."
"Well, I want him swapped out for someone else."
"Then you shall have to contact the Chief of State's office. I am certain she will be receptive to the suggestion. The Jedi are among her favorite people."
Jaina bristled. "Do you have any dead relatives you'd like to be followed around by?"
He took her arm and led her away from the door at a sedate pace. "You know, you have your mother's mouth. By which I do not mean that the configuration of your chin and lips resemble hers, though they do at certain angles, but that the things that come leaping out of your mouth - words, invective, insults - have a distinctive Organa family flavor to them."
"Thank you. What were you asking about Mom?"
"Where she is."
"At home, I suspect."
Hamner shook his head. "It appears that the Millennium Falcon took off for space at just past dawn this morning, with your father, your mother, and your adopted sister aboard."
"Oh. Well, perhaps they wanted to take Amelia out for a field trip."
"Into space."
"Pretty normal for my family."
"The comm recorder at their quarters responding to my code, said to make requests for direct contact to the office of Lando Calrissian, Tendrando Arms."
"Well, there's your answer."
"And the office of Tendrando Arms says they do not know where Lando Calrissian is, but they will pass the message along. So I was wondering if you had any other means to get in touch with your mother, any back-door method."
"No, I'm afraid not." That was a bald lie, but one she had practiced so well, and for so many years, that she doubted Master Hamner would be able to detect the deception in the Force.
He seemed satisfied. "Very well."
"I apologize, Master Hamner. Parents like mine, they stay out all hours, they never tell you where they're going, they keep secrets . . . they're making me old before my time."
The Master blinked, and Jaina sensed that, somewhere deep beneath his Jedi calm, he was resisting the urge to throttle her. But all he said was, "Very like your mother."
"I need to go off and contact the Cheif of State's office. Can I help you with anything else?"
"No, thank you, I've had all the help I can endure."
~Jaina Solo and Master Kenth Hamner - Fate of the Jedi: Outcast

You've got to love Jaina, and Kenth for that matter. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

*chuckles* Very nice. One of my favorites is my signature. I have part of it, because the whole thing was too long. But here it is in it's entirety.

"Oh, Anakin," Obi-Wan said, with the sort of quiet, pained resignation that would be recognized instantly by any parent exhausted by a trouble-prone child. "Where is your lightsaber?"
Anakin couldn't look at him. "It's not lost, if that's what you're thinking." This was the truth: Anakin could feel it in the Force, and he knew exactly where it was.
"No?"
"No."
"Where is it, then?"
"Can we talk about this later?"
"Without your lightsaber, you may not have a "later".
"I don't need a lecture, ok? How many times have we had this talk?"
"Apparently, one less time than we needed to."
Anakin sighed. Sometimes Obi-Wan could still make him feel about nine years old. He gave a sullen nod toward one of the droid bodyguards. "He's got it."
"He does? And how did this happen?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Anakin-"
"Hey, he's got yours, too!"
"That's different-"
"This weapon is your life, Obi-Wan!" He did a credible enough Kenobi impression that Palpatine had to smother a snort. "You must take care of it!"
"Perhaps," Obi-Wan said, as the droids clicked the binders onto their wrists and led them all away, "we should talk about this later."
Anakin intoned severely, "Without your lightsaber, you may not have a-"
"All right, all right," The Jedi Master surrendered with a rueful smile. "You win."

It's from the RotS novelization and I love it. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:18 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow so I posted this in a thread that should have been locked I guess Laughing Anyway. As I said there
I like the 2 I'm using now

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass." -Ganner Rhysode
-
-
-
To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-
-

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

Last edited by illogicalRogue2 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That Jaina and Kenth bit was pure excellence. Hilarious!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
*chuckles* Very nice. One of my favorites is my signature. I have part of it, because the whole thing was too long. But here it is in it's entirety.

"Oh, Anakin," Obi-Wan said, with the sort of quiet, pained resignation that would be recognized instantly by any parent exhausted by a trouble-prone child. "Where is your lightsaber?"
Anakin couldn't look at him. "It's not lost, if that's what you're thinking." This was the truth: Anakin could feel it in the Force, and he knew exactly where it was.
"No?"
"No."
"Where is it, then?"
"Can we talk about this later?"
"Without your lightsaber, you may not have a "later".
"I don't need a lecture, ok? How many times have we had this talk?"
"Apparently, one less time than we needed to."
Anakin sighed. Sometimes Obi-Wan could still make him feel about nine years old. He gave a sullen nod toward one of the droid bodyguards. "He's got it."
"He does? And how did this happen?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Anakin-"
"Hey, he's got yours, too!"
"That's different-"
"This weapon is your life, Obi-Wan!" He did a credible enough Kenobi impression that Palpatine had to smother a snort. "You must take care of it!"
"Perhaps," Obi-Wan said, as the droids clicked the binders onto their wrists and led them all away, "we should talk about this later."
Anakin intoned severely, "Without your lightsaber, you may not have a-"
"All right, all right," The Jedi Master surrendered with a rueful smile. "You win."

It's from the RotS novelization and I love it. Smile

Laughing

They should have included that in the movie. Pure hilarity!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I know! I can so picture them having that exchange while they're trapped in the ray shields. It would have been great! Smile

Me and one of Mara's sisters actually quote it all the time. She does a decent Obi-Wan accent. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

In outcast when luke told ben "go beat her up" of the baron do sage "gatekeeper".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After nearly two months, I finally finished the Gambit duology! Whoo-hoo! They were a little too drawn out, which makes sense now that I know they weren't originally intended to be two books. But despite that, they were a good read overall. And I must say, near the end of the book, this bit nearly had me cracking up laughing at its subtly hilarious implications. Very Happy

"Padawan Tano, there's someone I'd like you to meet." He turned. "Greti!"
The skinny girl was sitting beside one of the sick villagers. Hearing her name, she leapt up and came running. "Teeb?"
"Greti, this is Ahsoka," Master Kenobi said. "She's one of the people who saved Torbel from the droids."
"Saved?" The girl pulled a face. "It's burned down, Torbel is."
"Greti." Master Kenobi flicked the end of her nose with his fingertip. "Manners. If not for Ahsoka you'd likely be dead."
The skinny village girl looked her up and down in silence. Then she put her hands on her hips and tipped her head to one side. "You don't have any hair."
"That's right," Ahsoka said warily. "I'm a Togruta."
"Your skin's a funny color, too."
"Not where I come from."
Now Greti twisted her fingers in her frayed tunic pockets. "Is that far away?"
Ahsoka nodded. "Very far."
"Oh," said Greti, and thought about that. "Can I go there?"
"Well...I suppose so," she said. "If you want."
"Does anyone have hair where you come from, Ahsoka?"
Skyguy and Taria were trying not to laugh. She shot them a look, then frowned at the skinny girl. "Y'know, Greti, not everybody wants hair. Not everybody needs hair. Not everybody likes hair. I don't..."
"Obi-Wan," said Master Windu, appearing without warning. "I've just..." And then he stopped, because even Master Kenobi was laughing. "What?"
Greti stared up at him. "Are you from Togruta, too?"

~Greti, Ahsoka, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Mace Windu - Star Wars Gambit: Siege

That last line...hilarious! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing
Couldn't have happened to a better person!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yub, Yub Commander.

Used countless times and each one funny.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 3