The Official Thread of The EU Review
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Official Thread of The EU Review
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This thread is meant to discuss The EU Review podcast, a monthly show reviewing expanded universe items. You can find episodes of this podcast here. In this thread, you can leave thoughts on the episodes, the items reviewed, and even talk with the hosts! Andrew Lupi posts under the username MasterAndrew15. Nathan P. Butler posts under his real name as a VIP of the forums, due to his official contributions to Star Wars. Other projects from the hosts may also be discussed in this thread.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to the forums, Nathan! The EU Review is a great podcast. I look forward to hearing what you have to say here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

Glad to be here. Technically, I was here before, but there wasn't really an appropriate place for TEUR talk. And the brown hurt my eyes (literally). So...yep!

Now I just need to figure out what we will be covering in May...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nathan Butler wrote:
Glad to be here. Technically, I was here before, but there wasn't really an appropriate place for TEUR talk. And the brown hurt my eyes (literally). So...yep!

Yeah, I know. But you were more of a lurker than an actual poster. Of course, the same could be said for me. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:09 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nathan Butler wrote:

Most excellent!

I'd been begging to change the EUChatter Forum into a SoloSound one for over a year- I'm learning to run these ideas from me to you to Austin. He'll listen to me then. Laughing

I kid I kid!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Nice to see this place here! You know, often I've had thoughts when listening to the EUReview, intending to send them in, but with all the hubbub I often forgot. Now, I can marshall my thoughts on here! And welcome, Nathan!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The EU Review simply rules. Especially the Obscure Side minicasts, I love random Expanded Universe coverage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
Nice to see this place here! You know, often I've had thoughts when listening to the EUReview, intending to send them in, but with all the hubbub I often forgot. Now, I can marshall my thoughts on here! And welcome, Nathan!

Yeah EUCast has been fostering the idea of using it's EUChatter thread as a chat box as you listen- that way you can write down your responses in real time and edit them at your leisure Wink

And thankfully the same can be done for all the SoloSound podcasts.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Oh goody another way to harass Andrew and Nathan. Keep up the good work boys.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

wookie_inked wrote:
The EU Review simply rules. Especially the Obscure Side minicasts, I love random Expanded Universe coverage.

Thanks! Very Happy I know Nathan really enjoys doing those, so I'm so hearing that they are so liked is truly great payback for him. We'll probably be starting another minicast type during the summer, although we haven't discussed it in full yet. A lot of people like hearing about older works, (I assume because they missed it the first time or they are new; whatever the reason, we love to talk about them, too.) so I think we're going to try and start to cover more of those.

We'll also be bringing back our interviews soon, as well-- just haven't had the time in awhile for those.

Quote:
Oh goody another way to harass Andrew and Nathan. Keep up the good work boys.

Laughing (That's somewhat of an odd emoticon, but this made me laugh so that's what I'll use) Thanks though, and we sure will do our best to do so.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Indeed. It was the first podcast I had listened to. Now I'm hooked on all of the solosound ones!

If you don't mind my making a request: I've noticed a lot of people being divided on the Han Solo trilogies, and the Lando trilogy. Would you be open to giving them some air time?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yep-- either or the summer with the new subseries or within the regular episodes, I do believe we can eventually cover those. Older, yet still relevant works will be reviewed due to their long-lasting nature. At least, that's the plan-- always in motion is the future Wink

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

In fact, y'know, we are pretty light on content for May's episode. Andrew, are you up for Han/Lando classics? I re-read them all a year or two ago for the SWAN Book Club podcast (for episodes still never edited and aired), so they're somewhat fresh in my mind.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Looking forward to it.

And, by the way, regarding a question you posed to your listeners in a previous podcast. You asked whether or not the reviews impact the buying habits of the listeners, after one person said that the people who listen have probably already made up their mind, or have already read it.

All I can say is, for my part, I haven't made up my mind on quite a few of the things that you then went on to review. The Clone War books by Karen Miller, for example. I hadn't, still haven't (though it's on my list, the only problem is funds at the moment) read it, so your review did have an impact on my buying decisions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Episode 15-April 2011 of the EU Review is up for your listening pleasure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 1 of 5