The New EUCantina Forums
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Holonet News View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

And I've just noticed that a link to the homepage is at last included (at the top of the forums, on the left). That's very handy, though it has confused me several times!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:25 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes! You and Reepicheep had both been wanting a link back to the main site, so during the revamp, we decided to add one! Glad you like it. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote  

Very nice looking. Big improvement from the old forums. Didn't we use to have blue theme way back in the beginning?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Skuldrens finally here! Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, Skuldren, you are correct! We're returning to our roots.

And welcome! Were you shocked like everyone else? Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Yes! You and Reepicheep had both been wanting a link back to the main site, so during the revamp, we decided to add one! Glad you like it. Smile

Thank you very much, Mara! And I'd also like to extend my thanks to the others involved, though I can't be sure of who exactly they are. I'm pretty sure the accomplices are Rogue and OMB. To them, I am, and will be, eternally grateful! Are there others?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Why don't I see the link? I know we've been suggesting it for a few years now, And I know it was put in. I'm just not seeing it- all I see is a link back to the forum main page.

Life Is The Path wrote:

Thank you very much, Mara! And I'd also like to extend my thanks to the others involved, though I can't be sure of who exactly they are. I'm pretty sure the accomplices are Rogue and OMB. To them, I am, and will be, eternally grateful! Are there others?

The most recent push was: OMB, Mara, Vile, and Myself. (Oh and Mara's sister had a hand in graphics as well)

Though since last year I've been slowly locking up old threads and moving things around and coming up with plans for layout and such with Andrew and Austin, and William. But the ideas were all pretty simple to do we just needed to get to the list- we had a few sets of checklists of updates for the site- you may have noticed EUCantina had seen an upgrade last year. (And will be seeing another one in the somewhat near (or far) future)

It was just something to see come together. I felt like I was having a John "Hannibal" Smith moment with "I love it when a plan comes together" moment when I returned from vacation to see that we'd gone live with the forum!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote  

@IR: the link is the logo.

@Mara: a little shocked, I saw a heads up that the forum had been redone...then I saw how beautiful it was. Very nice surprise. Wink

Now if only work wouldn't keep me so busy I could enjoy it more.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Why don't I see the link? I know we've been suggesting it for a few years now, And I know it was put in. I'm just not seeing it- all I see is a link back to the forum main page.

It's top left, just a few lines beneath the logo. And it's only visible from the forum main page. And also only in the blue. We did not add it to the brown layout of old. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

It's top left, just a few lines beneath the logo. And it's only visible from the forum main page. And also only in the blue. We did not add it to the brown layout of old. Smile

Ahhhh! Ah HA!

So until you get to the forum main page- it takes you to that main page. I see! EXCELLENT!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

It's on the main page, under the logo, on the left, and under the header bar.

Quote:

The most recent push was: OMB, Mara, Vile, and Myself. (Oh and Mara's sister had a hand in graphics as well)

In which case, thank you again, Rogue, OMB and Mara, and extending, like a half broken boarding ramp, thanks to Vile and Mara's sister!

Quote:
you may have noticed EUCantina had seen an upgrade last year. (And will be seeing another one in the somewhat near (or far) future)

It was just something to see come together. I felt like I was having a John "Hannibal" Smith moment with "I love it when a plan comes together" moment when I returned from vacation to see that we'd gone live with the forum!

Rogue, you're talking to the guy that thought the old forum was orange instead of brown, and freaked out a little when I discovered different.How much do you want to bet that I noticed the upgrade?!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:

Rogue, you're talking to the guy that thought the old forum was orange instead of brown, and freaked out a little when I discovered different.

Didn't I tell you? It was orange. We'd messed with OMB's pc so all these years he THOUGHT it was brown...

(A long standing EUC inside joke)

The forums were going to be orange. Had William and Ted had their ways. And so EVERY redesign Orange would be the proposed color first to see Austin's reactions.

Finally Ted had a genius idea to hack OMB's PC and change his display. (Ok that part I'm kidding, But I (for a moment) thought OMB might belive it and go check his settings...) Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Wow, what a difference.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The New Forums look Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

Rogue, you're talking to the guy that thought the old forum was orange instead of brown, and freaked out a little when I discovered different.

Didn't I tell you? It was orange. We'd messed with OMB's pc so all these years he THOUGHT it was brown...

(A long standing EUC inside joke)

The forums were going to be orange. Had William and Ted had their ways. And so EVERY redesign Orange would be the proposed color first to see Austin's reactions.

Finally Ted had a genius idea to hack OMB's PC and change his display. (Ok that part I'm kidding, But I (for a moment) thought OMB might belive it and go check his settings...) Laughing

Aye, I remember you telling me, but I meant in the intermittent time (of when I read OMB's post, and yours), it was filled with many minutes of staring askew at objects, thinking that I could never trust an Orange again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Holonet News

Page 2 of 3