Callista Ming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Callista come back in some form or another?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Something going on in here? I'm outside, about to tell my sister that she's my sister. Might be awkward.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nah it's cool! You guys talk and then all show up all jealous like. It gets to Leia every time Wink

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

And I'll, uh...just sit here, wherever it is that I am, waiting to experience excruciating mental pain when my Master is killed in a few hours. But, of course, I'm going to marry his killer someday. I can't decide if that's depressing or simply insanity.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Never mind me. I'll be over here, haunting the Sith who used to be my husband. I'm singing Justin Bieber songs while he's trying to meditate.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's the best of both love and war.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll be in another reality, skewering Telmarines and feeling groovy. Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote  

And I'm taking bets that Callista will be in the next FOTJ novel. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Drat, and I was excited to read those. I really need to work on my post Jedi novels though.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
I don't know much about post-NJO, (I'm working on it though!) but one thing I do know is that I could go the rest of my life without ever reading about Callista again.

I really liked her character when she first appeared in Children of the Jedi, but that quickly changed when she began her whining after losing her ability to touch The (Light Side of) Force.
She could have been a great character if she had just gotten over herself and would have been a Jedi that couldn't use the Force but still be able to kick some b*tt.
After all the whining though and after all these years I don't feel any need to have her come back.

But who knows, right Smile

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

[quote="Elainya"]

I was excited to see her in Order 66, even though her last name's been changed (anyone know why Karen Traviss did that?).[/quote]

Technically, though Order 66 came out most recently of her pro-fiction appearances, it took place first, or second.. I'm a little fuzzy on CW to other series\book dates in the chronology. She also played a major (comparatively speaking) role with her lover\fiance`, Gaith, in No Prisoners. Therefore, I look at it the same way I look at Leia's name (That Ming was the name Callista took to stay safe during the Empire).

But then, maybe that's just me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:27 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

To my knowledge, and I'm guessing here, Masana was Callista's birth surname. However, when she transferred to Cray Mingla's body to save her existence, she changed the name to Ming in honor of Cray. That is not stated anywhere that I am aware of, but it's the reason I always envisioned for the switch. Seemed too coincidental, otherwise. *shrugs*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Re: Callista Ming
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Caedus_16 wrote:
Does anyone else wonder what happened to her? She came back from the dead (basically), lost her force powers, then learned she could only access it through the Dark side. Then, oddly, she completely disappeared. She saw Luke once in Planet of Twilight and was considered the one woman people wanted to see him marry. Till Mara. Anyways, speculation, possible Legacy of the Force spoiler? Who knows? Anyone?

I'd prefer not to see Callista back because I loathed how she came to be. I admit, it's much better than seeing Akanah. Ugh. I cannot believe he slept with her.

I'd much rather see Gaeriel. I think Luke should have had a fling with her. Maybe he did and I missed it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jade wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Does anyone else wonder what happened to her? She came back from the dead (basically), lost her force powers, then learned she could only access it through the Dark side. Then, oddly, she completely disappeared. She saw Luke once in Planet of Twilight and was considered the one woman people wanted to see him marry. Till Mara. Anyways, speculation, possible Legacy of the Force spoiler? Who knows? Anyone?

I'd prefer not to see Callista back because I loathed how she came to be. I admit, it's much better than seeing Akanah. Ugh. I cannot believe he slept with her.

I'd much rather see Gaeriel. I think Luke should have had a fling with her. Maybe he did and I missed it.

No fling, but Gaeriel has been dead a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Caedus_16 wrote:
Jade wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

No fling, but Gaeriel has been dead a long time.

Ah yes, I've seen references to her death. I hadn't read the story of her death, though. I wonder where I missed that or it just happened outside of any book? I'm late to the EU, and I'm reading books printed years ago so I'm a little behind.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote  

@Jade: Showdown on Centerpoint, I think.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 5 of 6