Good Things About The Clone Wars.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Same! I was so excited for the Dathomir Witches! And the rancor numbers were sorely lacking.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I went into the series with the movie wanting to love it because its new Star Wars and that's awesome. But I was skeptical given the animation style.

I love the clone centric stories that the series tells and allows us to see. "The Deserter" is probably my favorite episode ever. It also dovetails nicely with the EU and the spirit of the RC series.

I don't know if anything looks as pretty as space battles on the show, the dogfights in space work great in this medium.

Of course there are all the cool new characters, vehicles and droids that the show is introducing which is pretty nifty as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am a crazy Clone fan at heart. So despite the fact that I'm not a big fan of the show, anything featuring the Clones makes me ridiculously happy. Rookies, for instance, was an excellent episode. As was The Deserter. If the Clones are prominently featured, I'm there. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

LightsaberRattling wrote:

I love the clone centric stories that the series tells and allows us to see. "The Deserter" is probably my favorite episode ever. It also dovetails nicely with the EU and the spirit of the RC series.

Yes! I have been saying the same with that episode- it was great how KT's theme of why to desert came out to a degree. Made me feel that even though GL went a different route with the Mando's that some themes Karen had nailed.

Cause that seems to be the thing I hear from a lot of fans they either loved her take or hated it.

For those who hated it many felt TCW was the way it should have been. And episodes like The Deserter leave me feeling that even in SW there can be room for a little bit of both. But then maybe I'm an eternal optimist with my SWEU.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I do like getting into the clones' heads. Especially when it's done right. I still have convulsions when I think about Cestus Deception.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
I do like getting into the clones' heads. Especially when it's done right. I still have convulsions when I think about Cestus Deception.

I didn't mind that book....

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's cool. I just couldn't buy into the whole eels thing. And Obi-Wan seemed super awkward through the whole book.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hi everyone,
I'm a refugee from the StarWars.com forums and I've been lurking for a few days. I really like this thread and decided to do my first post here.

I'll admit, it took a bit to get used to the idea of a Star Wars as an animation show, but now I love it!! Very Happy

Love the planets, backgrounds and nebulas. Love how they have stayed true to the spirit of the original movies and the characters, such as Obi-Wan and Yoda.

After seeing RotS I used to hate the clones for turning on the Jedi, but now that I am getting to know them better, I realize they were as much victims of Palpatine and his mechanizations as the Jedi were, for that matter, as the entire galaxy was. So now I love the clones and how many of them have developed their own unique personalities. I even feel sympathy for Cody, having to fire at Obi-Wan...can't have been easy on the Commander.

I've always been a big Jedi fan, and longed to see more of them, ever since old Ben called them the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic - so it's great to see different Jedi, and even have them appear in recurring roles, not just one-off episodes. You grow to have a certain familiarity with them

PS: Life Is The Path, YodaBauer2442 and illogicalRogue2, it is nice to see you again Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Welcome again!

Yeah, I'm loving the clones. But it's funny, I had never really thought of how tough it was on Cody to enact the Order - mainly because I've not seen the film in years. Although, I must say, my loving for the clones took a knock when...I can't even say his name...died rescuing Even Piell. Mainly because he was one of the few I recognised on sight! Confused

PS: Life Is The Path, YodaBauer2442 and illogicalRogue2, it is nice to see you again

*Gasps* She knows my name... Embarassed Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Oh please, don't open the old Echo-wounds again. It was cruel, just cruel...and senseless and...here I go again... Crying or Very sad

Quote:
PS: Life Is The Path, YodaBauer2442 and illogicalRogue2, it is nice to see you again

*Gasps* She knows my name... Embarassed Laughing

Of course, how could I forget you! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not sure how I feel about Echo. I can definitley see someone saying it was pointless, but then again that was kind of the point. It showed that not all clones go out in a blaze of glory like Hevy. Some just go.

That said I wish they didn't use Echo to illustrate this, but what can you do?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:28 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I love ARC troopers, especially the phase 1.5 designs in TCW show and these costumes are ridiculously IMPRESSIVE.

no, none of these are my costumes, I'm just sharing the picture! I think this was taken at Wondercon. (no, I wasn't there either)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Reepicheep wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about Echo. I can definitley see someone saying it was pointless, but then again that was kind of the point. It showed that not all clones go out in a blaze of glory like Hevy. Some just go.

That said I wish they didn't use Echo to illustrate this, but what can you do?

I know...Crying or Very sad...you are absolutely correct.
And yes, you can't always use only the nameless and faceless clones to get the seriousness of a matter across...it may just have well have been Rex (now don't go getting any ideas, Mr Finoli, if you do happen to see this!! Wink )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Quote:
I love ARC troopers, especially the phase 1.5 designs in TCW show and these costumes are ridiculously IMPRESSIVE.

ARCs are brilliant!

Oh, I love this picture! Thank you so very much for sharing! It is excellent! Not being able to attend events like Wondercon, is one of the bad things about living so far overseas. May I ask, would you mind terribly if I saved the picture to my harddrive, wookie_inked, please?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Howdy!

I tend to like certain clones rather than clones in general. I love Rex!

- Walter Bishop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 3