Good Things About The Prequel Trilogy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
Honestly, my Fandom grew into it's full Force in the year leading up to RotS. RotS was my first midnight show. I have nothing but nostalgia for the prequels. Sure they are flawed, but their my trilogy. Hope that doesn't get me banned Shocked

Banned? Ha! The first one I saw at midnight was also Revenge of the Sith. I agree that the prequels are flawed, mainly in the dialogue category. They are still really fun, enjoyable Star Wars films; especially ROTS.

Quote:
One of the things I don't get is that one complaint people had with the PT was that it was too political. And yet Rebels fighting a government is not political at all...

The prequels really showed a lot more of the actual political workings. Sure, the Rebels and Empire could be considered political, but we never saw long Senate meetings, elections, bills being passed... it was a different kind of struggle.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:16 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

My guess if folks complained about the Senate scenes or something but I don't understand the argument either. I personally like stories that show a few of the puppet strings.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

That's what I mean. It was a different kind of struggle, so of course there'd be the Senate and insidious doings being shown. It doesn't matter, to me, that it was either in your face or subtly done. It was still there, still plain to see. However, a thought's just occured to me. The politics of the PT was perhaps better done than the OT politics. With the OT you had the good versus evil bit, but in the PT it had a lot more layers. You had the 'good' guys who weren't really good, the bad guys who weren't wholly bad, and an undercurrent of subterfuge beneath it all. It was, essentially, litigation that brought down the Republic, and the Jedi. To some, that may not be epic, but that is, truly, insidious.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:50 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I like the prequels. Always did.

There's FAR MORE good than bad within the trilogy. Yes the movies each have their problems but the OT movies had issues too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

The bad: 'I wish I could just wish away my feelings'

The good: Padme's corset.

The bad: Jar Jar's over the top portrayal.

The good: Late night dreams of him being hunted down by Vader during the Dark Times.

The bad: Poor portrayal of the Clones amid battle.

The good: Good portrayal of the clones, reused in TCW. Most notably when the guy jumps on the spider droid, reused in the last five minutes of the Even Piell trilogy.

The bad: Palps taking out three Jedi in five seconds.

The good. Yoda and Palpatine fight.

The ugly: Puppet Yoda.

I get your point. The bad things do stink quite a bit, but the good bits outdo them. Namely the corset Very Happy
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The best thing about the P.T. and especially ROTS is Ewan McGregor showcasing Obi-Wan's total awesomeness.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I found Liam Neeson's portrayal of Qui-Gon to be what I always envisioned a Jedi Knight to be. And I found it interesting that then we learn the Jedi aren't that. Lucas put in subtleties that you wouldn't expect, and maybe that's part of the reason people look down on it, because the Old Republic is spoken of as if a golden age by Obi-Wan, but in the prequels we learn it might have been at some point, but it had grown decadent, including the Jedi Order to an extent, long before Episode I.

TPM
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Most of TPM was sucky. It would be so much better if they didn't have so much politics and they had more dueling The confederacy acted like they had to be so super sneaky, unlike this I also think its stupid how its the first one coming out in 3D. it should be ANH. I mean what the heck

-Ben Kenobi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The first one I saw at midnight was also Revenge of the Sith. I agree that the prequels are flawed, mainly in the dialogue category. They are still really fun, enjoyable Star Wars films; especially ROTS.

I have to admit, ROTS was the best one out of the prequel trilogy. I personally, like the original trilogy better than the prequel. I hope that doesn't get me banned.

-Ben Kenobi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Without the PT we would never get the novelization of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover. One of my favorite SW novels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 3 of 3