Season Four Preview(s)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I hope there's no tagline for the fourth season, I hope they've ditched it from now on, I really do. If the taglines for each season worked for the majority of episodes then I'd be more okay with them... but looking at seasons 2 and 3 overall, those taglines were shaky in how well they applied IMO.

The season 4 trailers look great! Wondercon trailer was definitely the better teaser but methinks both were exciting. But I'm a drooling fanboy, I love this show so I'm always optimistic for the coming season... hopefully it'll be high on greatness and low on disappointments. Despite the incredibly mixed bag that was season 3, I have confidence that season 4 will be more consistently good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

wookie_inked wrote:
I hope there's no tagline for the fourth season, I hope they've ditched it from now on, I really do. If the taglines for each season worked for the majority of episodes then I'd be more okay with them... but looking at seasons 2 and 3 overall, those taglines were shaky in how well they applied IMO

You're totally right about that. It seems having few episodes about bountyhunters justifies calling the whole season "Rise of the Bountyhunters".
But I don't think they ditched it though and am wondering what they will come up with this time. I did think it strange I hadn't heard the tagline up untill now.

I also hope this season goes easy on the EU for once Confused

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Their tempering with the wrong stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

Lord Ree'dius wrote:

After Season 3, I just learned to not care and enjoy the show. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DarkSideSon wrote:
Lord Ree'dius wrote:

After Season 3, I just learned to not care and enjoy the show. Razz

I try to do that, but it isn't working all the time. (especially when GL and Filoni decide to destroy good EU for no apparent reason or just because they are to lazy to think of something else)
A lot of the time I feel like they destroy good EU and replace it with stuff thats less cool.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Most of the changes I actually prefer over the EU (red Dathomir for example), and others I just don't care about (field-promoted ARCs, Even Piell dying in a book that should've been about the adventures of Lando Calrissian). The only one I'm really bothered by is Maul coming back, but I'm willing to wait and see what they do with those episodes (Feb. 2012, anybody?).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Actually, Filoni is there to add in the EU elements, not to replace them. On the whole, I wish they wouldn't, because it makes everyone's (not just the fans, but LA employees as well) job a bit more difficult.

I'm starting to be cautiously optimistic about this series. I've heard only good things about it. Sure, there's bound to be a few duff ones in there, but it's looking very good. A lot more mature, better storylines.

Besides that, I'm most looking forward to the Besalisk (any new Jedi is a boon for me) as well as the clones. Unless he's an old one, though I don't really remember any with words tattooed on their heads.

Anyway, if he is new, anyone with the phrase 'a good droid is a dead one' tattooed on their head is aces in my book! Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:48 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That's Kix. He was in the Season 2 episode "The Deserter". One of my favorite episodes. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Ah. Cheers, Son. He wasn't the one deserting, was he? Because if he ends up back in the army, he might not be all that great at deserting...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Nope, he was one of the clones who was tracking Grievous with Rex. Cut Lawquane, the deserter, had slightly longer red hair and wasn't wearing armor.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

This image has me wondering who this might be....

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

LightsaberRattling wrote:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

boy, THAT would be interesting! I'd love to see that guy make a return on the show.

I hadn't paid any attention to the shapes in the foreground of that picture, I was too busy concentrating on Rex and the Phase II clones with him and wondering to myself what kind of location they might be in. It never occurred to me they could be going to "visit" a prisoner in their cell. I forgot that's similar to the setting where Ziro's holding pen was in.

you've got me kind of hoping it IS Loathsome now... Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There's most likely going to be a prison break episode sometime during the show. This could be it. Boba, Bossk, Wat Tambor and (if I'm not mistaken) Poggle are all in Republic custody and all need to break out at some point- Poggle and Tambor before RotS.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nice theory! That would be interesting!

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
There's most likely going to be a prison break episode sometime during the show. This could be it. Boba, Bossk, Wat Tambor and (if I'm not mistaken) Poggle are all in Republic custody and all need to break out at some point- Poggle and Tambor before RotS.

A good point, but we just had our prison break episode. They don't want that theme to get old. But I love Pete's theory about the villain, and it does look like they're in some kind of prison with those (awesome) shields. Darn, TCW is starting to get me excited again. Must...not...give...in. I'll enjoy it if I enjoy it, but I don't want the previews to get me excited and then disappoint me like in season 3.

Sing is locked up too, right?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 8