Upcoming Movie Releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi_Christopher wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
I saw the Dark Knight trailer. It was much too "real" in my opinion. I'll eventually, probably see it, but I am sticking with Prince Caspian. Speaking of trailers, get a load of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzYukVDqy4

and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvwGcW8urw

Much better than the Dark Knight trailers.

What? WHAT! Narnia better than Batman?!?

What do you mean by too "real?" It looks pretty awsome to me.

It looks like something you'd see on the news. Boring. Yep I've heard about Toy Story 3. It's coming in 2010.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi_Christopher wrote:
Iron Man would win. Firt off, he's got a bullet-proof, flying super-strength suit, and he's a genius weapon designer. Batman would come in second, with his bullet-prooj suit and gadgets, and Indy would come in third. Caspian would get his backside handed to him by any of the other three.

Not if Aslan helped him. Very Happy

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Whoops, I forgot about him!

I had it at Indy, Batman, Iron Man then Caspian If they fought.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dark Knight trailer looks great, and Iron Man was very good. I'm looking forward to Caspian and Indy but The Dark Knight is on the top of my list.

I do plan to see Speed Racer eventually because even if the story stinks, the visuals should be out of this world. And it's better to see in theaters than to see on television, especially a movie who's visuals look like they're made for the big screen.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:34 am Reply with quote  

I saw Speed Racer yesterday, opening night. It was definitely a kid's movie and kind of corny, but keep in mind it was based off of a kid's cartoon. This is more for the kids than the nostalgic adults who grew up with the cartoon.

Nonetheless each actor played the role well, all of them fit right in as the Speed Racer characters. Though the kid that played Spridal stole the show, he did a really good job in his part. And John Goodman did a decent job as Pops.

The visuals of the movie were extremely rapid and fast paced. You'll struggle to take it all in but the colors are out of this world. To be honest this is a visual work of art at times. The creators must have had a blast making it.

Bottom line: don't expect too much but it might be better to see it on the big screen to truly enjoy the visuals. In fact there is so much to take in you might have to see it on the big screen just to take it in.

Rating: 2 our of 5 STARS

-Note: The CLONE WARS trailer was AWESOME! It was longer than the ones seen on the web and seeing it on the big screen worked wonders. I am psyched for this one and will see it when it comes out without a doubt.-

Now I just need to make time for Iron Man and wait for Indy...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I saw Speed Racer yesterday as well. Like Skuldren said, don't go to see it for the story. Go to see it to have fun. My friends and I did that and we all agree it was absolutely amazing!

And I was chanting for the CW trailer but we didn't get it... Sad

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Some will, some won't. It depends on the theaters, I assume. I believe that any movie after Speed Racer may have it as well, which is nice.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Reepicheep wrote:
Jedi_Christopher wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
I saw the Dark Knight trailer. It was much too "real" in my opinion. I'll eventually, probably see it, but I am sticking with Prince Caspian. Speaking of trailers, get a load of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzYukVDqy4

It looks like something you'd see on the news. Boring. Yep I've heard about Toy Story 3. It's coming in 2010.

Clearly you don't read Batman comics...

Have you atleast seen the first one, Batman Begins?
________
ARIZONA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I saw Iron man today and it was great, Robert Downey Jr. was just awesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quote  

Finally saw Iron Man yesterday and it was top notch. Remember to stay after the credits to see the bonus teaser of the next one. Robert Downey Jr. did a superb job as Tony Stark. This movie soared in visuals, action, and acting. I couldn't find anything wrong with this one. Great movie.

5 out of 5 Stars

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yea, I waited to see the clip after the credits it was pretty cool. I have to admit I think it's one of the best marvel films so far.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jedi_Christopher wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
Jedi_Christopher wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:

Clearly you don't read Batman comics...

Have you atleast seen the first one, Batman Begins?

I have seen the first one, wich I liked. Maybe I should watch it again, I was kind of in a wierd mood that day.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I plan to see Prince Caspian sometime this week. I listened to the soundtrack because I really enjoy that composer's music and it was awesome. Also, finally saw Reepicheep in some TV spots Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote  

I just realized that the new Indiana Jones movie comes out tomorrow! (Or about 8 hours from now according to the Indiana Jones website). I guess I'll be looking to see if I can get tickets this weekend or sometime next week to see it.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote  

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

A fun and spectacular addition to the Indiana Jones series. I enjoyed it thoroughly. There were tons of nods and tie-ins to the previous movies and all sorts of great scenes. This was a memorable movie and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 5 of 7