What happened to the Noghri???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The idea that the Noghri have outlived their usefulness is a joke. The same can be said for any race in a fictional setting. The only problem with the Noghri is that, as has been said, they were used to show how badass the new foes are or how dangerous a situation is. Reminds me of Season 1 of the Justice League Cartoon where they kept having Superman go down at the start of fights to pump up the threat level.

I do think that the idea of a Jedi Noghri is an interesting one. Their sense of honor would make for a good mix with Jedi teachings, including a few conflicts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Werehunter wrote:
I do think that the idea of a Jedi Noghri is an interesting one. Their sense of honor would make for a good mix with Jedi teachings, including a few conflicts.

That would be cool to see, but at this point I would love to see them in any role besides that of bodyguards.
Right now the Noghri, just like the Ryn, seem all but forgotten. Even just mentioning either of these species in the novels would go a long way to ease my mind.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Only half kidding....I thought Leia burned through the entire Noghri population? It seemed like Noghri were dying left in right as part of her bodyguard detail for a while there.

My brain may not be working, but did we even see much of the Noghri in the NJO? And it certainly doesn't seem like we have seen much of them lately.

I am not sure how an author would use the species at this point. They served a pretty clear purpose for Zahn's storytelling. It would be interesting to see a Noghri POV character in a novel at some point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 4 of 4