Star Wars vs. Star Trek
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  

As a Star Wars fan...
...you're equally interested in Star Trek.
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
...you're only casually interested in Star Trek.
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
...you have zero interest in Star Trek.
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
...you despise Star Trek...including Trekkies.
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 35

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Caedus!

And finally, last, but not least:

The poster/flyer! Whoo-hoo! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I came to SW first as a kid. I watched ST some since it (used to be) on our TV, but it wasn't until I reached my teens that I really got into ST(as a result of spending some days at my grandparents while Mom worked.) I started buying the TNG season sets in December 2007 and nabbed the last one this past Christmas. 3 years! Now I'm thinking of going back and doing the others ... but if I try to do all ST and SW stuff(books, comics, etc) it would take years to get either finished. I'm still trying to decide what to do on this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Alan Skywalker V wrote:
I came to SW first as a kid. I watched ST some since it (used to be) on our TV, but it wasn't until I reached my teens that I really got into ST(as a result of spending some days at my grandparents while Mom worked.) I started buying the TNG season sets in December 2007 and nabbed the last one this past Christmas. 3 years! Now I'm thinking of going back and doing the others ... but if I try to do all ST and SW stuff(books, comics, etc) it would take years to get either finished. I'm still trying to decide what to do on this.

My father is a Trekkie- thus I've inherited his books- there is very little (only recently) to no continuity in those books, however- TV show DS9 is one of my favorite series. It was a great story on TV and the books that did follow a continuity- those set after TNG movies- were pretty good- but worked themselves into a place that ST became less ST and more SW and then we had the "timeline reboot" in the last movie to "fix this problem" but we'll see how that rolls- I'm hoping they end this new series with a fix to the timeline- thus fixing everything and both existing.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I heart this video.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/4026025/deja-view-my-favorite-movie-star-trek-vs-star-wars

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
I heart this video.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/4026025/deja-view-my-favorite-movie-star-trek-vs-star-wars

Shows that JJ did his home work Wink He kept saying: How can we make it more like Star Wars?

Looks like he did well enough to me! lol

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yep! Some of my friends thought I was crazy when I tried to explain this to them... until they saw the video.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
Yep! Some of my friends thought I was crazy when I tried to explain this to them... until they saw the video.

Yeah the video kind of makes it hard to deny eh?!

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Indeed. It's the reason why the new ST was so good. That and the lens flares.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I watched TNG a lot as a kid. But the Prime Directive drives me nuts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

LightsaberRattling wrote:
I watched TNG a lot as a kid. But the Prime Directive drives me nuts.

LOL So true! And so many episodes and books revolved around it. And then there was the timeline rules they had too. I loved it when the tempral department came in...

Kirk....Kirk was our worst. lol

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha, ha! It is a little known fact that I read a few Star Trek books before I ever got into Star Wars. And they were all books about Kirk! Every single one of them had the exact thing happen (basically), and every single one contradicted the others. Ha! Turned me off of Star Trek literature pretty quick. But then, of course, I found Star Wars. And the rest is history. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm almost equally as big a Trekkie as I am a Star Wars fanatic. Almost.

if I had to guestimate a comparison figure, I'd say I am 120% SW geek and 113% Trek geek. The main things George's universe has over Gene's in my heart is eleven more years of fandom (introduced to Return of the Jedi at 3 years old, Trek: Generations at 14 years old but instantly hooked), AND my 6 ywar old daughter is also a SW devotee thanks to CLONE WARS.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

On MSN: Technology: Star Wars vs. Star Trek
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
I heart this video.

Yes, this video shows exactly how unoriginal this "new" Star Trek is. I"ve seen it and and was just amazed with how much was "borrowed" *cough*stolen*cough* from SW!
And it was still a terrible movie Laughing

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Shocked

Now I'm not a big Star Trek fan, but I must respectfully disagree. I thought it was a fantastic movie!

It was, after all, Star Wars...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 4 of 6