Official Daniel Wallace VIP Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » VIP Chats View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

I know Erich invited Jason and some other writers to join everybody here, so he might yet make it. Jason is also pretty responsive on the TFN boards.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Great to see you here, Dan!!! Any word on what kind of book the Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Guide is gonna be?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

It's a guide to the Clone Wars Adventures online game, written for kids under age 10. No new EU info here, but if you have a younger Star Wars fan in your family who enjoys the game this book might make a good gift.

It's written in the same style as this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Awesome-Official-Guide-Club-Penguin/dp/0448453959/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks for the info!!! (But I'm gonna order it for my collection anyway... after all, I'm 4 times ten and a littlebit...)

But I guess the Darth Vader: A 3-D Reconstruction Log will be more up my ally... Will this be in a similar way as the Millennium Falcon guide? And can we expect some new data in that?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dan Wallace wrote:
It's a guide to the Clone Wars Adventures online game, written for kids under age 10. No new EU info here, but if you have a younger Star Wars fan in your family who enjoys the game this book might make a good gift.

It's written in the same style as this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Awesome-Official-Guide-Club-Penguin/dp/0448453959/

Interesting. My son might ask for this soon. The local school has a lot of younger SW books. (A surprising amount- kudos to the local staffer who's purchasing!)

My son loves designing his trooper. He will do it over and over again. But now that he's getting older a book like this would be handy for helping him get to new things in the games.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

The Vader Reconstruction Log will be very similar in design to the Millennium Falcon book. There will be new bits of info in there, but they're very technical bits related to Vader's components and systems.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dan Wallace wrote:
The Vader Reconstruction Log will be very similar in design to the Millennium Falcon book. There will be new bits of info in there, but they're very technical bits related to Vader's components and systems.

Very interesting. At first I think meh, but then when I look back on what I know of Vader I do become interested in this book. The melding of man and machine in Vader's case has always intrigued me. I'm curious how in depth it will go. Will there be details to the equipment involved in the Dark Lords survival? Beyond what we already know that is?

If nothing else my son will love it. (That's been my justification for the "kids books I'd not normally buy" to be able to get them for my son instead of me. lol) It's a win win.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Dan Wallace wrote:

Awesome! That was one of the things I loved in the old WEG roleplay books: the names for the thingymijings (as well as a manufacturer names)...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dan, how long does it take to write one of the Essential Guide to Characters books? Will work on the third edition begin soon, or is it still pretty far down the road?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:16 am Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

The EG to Characters is something I'm working on now; still getting the outline nailed down so that we have an agreed-upon approach but after that I should be working pretty quickly on getting it all put together. I expect to be busy later this year with this project. Since EGs tend to be pretty long in terms of word count it will be a major project in my schedule, but something I'm really looking forward to.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, let's say the EG to characters is coming out in December 2012. When is the cut-off date for adding new characters? For example: if there's a new novel released in September 2012, is it too late to add those characters to the book? And do you get an advanced look at products that may be released just before the guide, in order to include characters from those products?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hello Mr. Wallace I have a question about the new Essential Guide to Characters. Will it include characters from the Fate of the Jedi series? I love Fate of the Jedi. I would love the book to include Abeloth, The Lost Tribe of the Sith members, and many other from the series.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Dan,

In the next EG to Characters, let me lobby for Venku "Kad'ika" Skirata to be included.

Force Sensitive Mando w/multicolored armor and a lightsaber. Pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Don't mind this post. Just popping this up so I can get the e-mail notifications every time someone posts to the thread. Smile

Chris

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Page 2 of 2