TOR Book 2: Deceived by Paul S. Kemp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Malgus deserves another book, this one was great, I really liked his character.

He reminded somewhat of Bane for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Well I just finished reading the book. I have to say it was good, but IMO not half as good as the Bane Trilogy. Nor was it as great as Path of Destruction by itself. Just my veiw.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

I really liked this book. Paul S. Kemp might be my favorite SW author now, I haven't disliked a single book he wrote. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DarkSideSon wrote:
I really liked this book. Paul S. Kemp might be my favorite SW author now, I haven't disliked a single book he wrote. Cool

Yeah! All... 2 of them!

Wait, what? Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

Exactly. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote  

Deceived was pretty good, but I do have to admit, I really loved the Darth Bane trilogy and Dynasty of Evil in particular. Bane had a certain degree of epicness to his story. But that was a trilogy, so Dynasty had two whole books to build up to it. Kind of unfair to compare Deceived to it.

Now comparing Deceived to Fatal Alliance, I'd easily say Deceived was better and more enjoyable. I thought Fatal Alliance was a good read, but Deceived had a nice character depth to it that I appreciated.

If we did see a sequel, I'd like to see Malgus have a bigger part, and new good guy characters. Aryn and Zeerid were good characters, but I like the way it ended, and picking up with Zeerid again would change that.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I want to read this book so bad.

Someone said its a sequel to Fatal alliance. Actually its a prequel as it tells the story of the sacking of Coruscant and thats mentioned in FA.

Love TOR era. So many great stories to be told. Much more interesting then tHe Clone Wars.

I hope Del Rey release more books from this era.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:15 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ive just finished the paerback version of this book.

What I noticed at the back is they have an overview of the FOTJ series with a look at the major characters of the series and some minor ones. I thought it was cool especially for new readers to that series. Wonder will this be a regular thing now in SW paperbacks?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote  

Now I'm tempted to go to a book store and check this out. Cool

I think what would really be awesome is to add some bonus content at the end in the form of art and in-universe info on new worlds, cities, factions, and tech. Just like a mini EU guide for new stuff brought up in the story. It would help compensate for the long wait times between character, atlas, ship, etc guides.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

darthrevan1 wrote:
Ive just finished the paerback version of this book.

What I noticed at the back is they have an overview of the FOTJ series with a look at the major characters of the series and some minor ones. I thought it was cool especially for new readers to that series. Wonder will this be a regular thing now in SW paperbacks?

This was in the hardcover version, too.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just finished my re-read of this. It really needs a sequel, I want more Malgus!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote  

Karpyshyn said Malgus won't be showing up in his new book, but we will get to see Malgus' apprentice.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's...disheartening...

After how disappointed I was with Revan I'm not sure Karpyshyn writing is enough for me to be excited. I'd rather see Kemp again.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There's always that mysterious duology of his...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They've kept that under wraps pretty well and its making me curious. Kemp is the author that gets me excited these days since Stover has been absent for awhile, so I guess I'll just brace myself for whatever. But I hope Malgus is involved, with The Old Republic stuff kind of dancing around the game and expecting you to know the plot of the MMO it'd be nice to get more character focus for Darth Thanton or Malgus or Vitiate and such.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 4