Carbonite Desk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, if you prefer to pay me 3.000, I won't complain at all. I promise.

Now, seriously. I think I could do it, but I've never done anything like that. If you are serious about this, I'd have to study it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nedara wrote:
If you are serious about this, I'd have to study it.

Not at the moment I'm afraid. I'm still waiting untill I win a big sabacc pot.
And even then I wouldn't by it before I saw it.
It's more that I'm interrested in how you would make it look that real and still keep the price under 300 euro's Shocked

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ah, ah, ah. A Sith like me never, never, never reveals her talents. But if I can make an ultrasaber for less than 50 €, then I'm sure I could do this for less than 300.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Y'all are making me laugh, cause I'm noticing the differences in punctuation for numbers. For instance, Nedara said 3.000, which I know is three thousand. But to us, it just looks like three dollars. Cause here in America we insist on being different and using a comma for thousands. So...$3,000 would be three thousand. Smile

So I would be happy to pay you three dollars for the desk! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:51 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

You see, that's exactly what I feel. Here, 3,000 is the same that 3'000, which it's only 3. And I just cannot write 3,000 when I mean three thousand.

Anyway, I'd love you'd pay me 3 dollars for the desk. That would mean I'd be able to pay those materials for 1, pay the transport from Europe to America with another one and keep the last one for myself... Unfortunatelly, things are a little more expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:17 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k3SvIyQ0l8&feature=related

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That was awesome!!

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote  

@Nedara: how much for a full size Jabba? ...hmm, shipping would probably kill me though. Sad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I have no idea. I'd have to study it. I suppose it depends of how much materials I'd need to do it. Anyway, sending it to USA should be +200$, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hey, Skuldren, would you like your Jabba to be indoor or outdoor? That would mark which materiasl it should be done and how soft it should be...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

An outdoor Jabba.....a squishy one to use as a couch...I can see it now.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Hey, it worked for Leia...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:57 am Reply with quote  

Well if it was indoor, it would need to fit through the door. I think that's only 36 inches wide. Wouldn't be fullsize then. But if it was outdoor, I live right next to the road, so people might steal it. Crying or Very sad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Let me see... How big are your windows? Or I could try to see if a life size could be soft enought to fit through your door, like a really big teddy bear.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote  

Now I'm temped to ask for an Ewok. That would fit through the door and I could...uh...well...they are cuddly. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 3