Abeloth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sure, but Luke was the only Jedi in the galaxy -well, not the only one, but the only one who dare to rebuild the Jedi Order- and Ben isn't. If he isn't in the Council when Luke will die, it's going to be really difficult to him to become in the Grand Master. And it's better if we don't talk about he marrying a former Sith.

Since the other Masters are not ready for such responsability (Saba and Kenth's "little disagreement" it's a big proof), Ben will be the only one specifically trained to such office. Luke is currently training him for that.

Besides, Ben was a Knight at 14 and he could be a Master in the Council at 25 or even before. In fact, I think he'll become a Master when he will come back. The Council is a few Master short in this moment, and Leia and Ben will have to be there soon. Jaina should be the third one, but since she'll have to move to Bastion...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

[quote]And it's better if we don't talk about he marrying a former Sith.[quote]

Why? Confused

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Do you really believe a Grand Master who isn't Luke would permit such marriage?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Nedara wrote:
Do you really believe a Grand Master who isn't Luke would permit such marriage?

If she is converted into a Jedi yes. The Jedi didn't hate Mara did they? She was once a Dark Force user and a Hand to Palpatine to boot. No if Vestara is converted it will work out fine. Sorry but, back to Abeloth and her possible connection to Celestials.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Again, remember no one dared to defay Luke in that matter. We don't really know if other Grand Master would permit her to stay or even if he/she would accept her as a Jedi. Again, Ben's best choice is if his father or himself is the Grand Master.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Wait, why should Ben be the next Grandmaster. In fact I think having him take over right after Luke dies would be a horrible choice. Let Ben continue to grow as a character and as a Jedi before something like that. Show that Ben can work under someone other then family before getting the big seat.

I'm guessing this is likely a no go because of things stated in Star Wars: Legacy, but I wouldn't make Ben the Grandmaster at all. Already people are saying that the Jedi are lost without Luke, do we really want it to become lost without a Skywalker at the helm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Okay guys you both have been making valid points for this debate but we need to get back to Abeloth and Celestials. there is already a Ben Skywalker thread, so I can join you there to continue this debate. I still want to thank you for posting in my thread. Please continue to do so on topic. Thanks. Wink

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

So do any of you guys think that there is a connection to the Kessel technology and the mysterious voice to Abeloth? I think so. If there is this furthers my theory that she is a Celestial. Also if she was really trapped who do you think trapped her?

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Oh there's certainly a connection. It's clear that the tech on Kessel, along with Centerpoint station, was there to keep the Maw intact and trap Abeloth.

However I don't think she is a Celestial. Her being a Celestial is too easy of a guess, so I'm expecting a swerve of some sort. I think she's someone that the Celestials captured and maybe even brought upon the downfall of the Celestials or there civilization. That the last of them managed to trap her but did so at the cost of their own lives. Granted I have nothing to back that up, but that's my theory at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Werehunter wrote:
Oh there's certainly a connection. It's clear that the tech on Kessel, along with Centerpoint station, was there to keep the Maw intact and trap Abeloth.

However I don't think she is a Celestial. Her being a Celestial is too easy of a guess, so I'm expecting a swerve of some sort. I think she's someone that the Celestials captured and maybe even brought upon the downfall of the Celestials or there civilization. That the last of them managed to trap her but did so at the cost of their own lives. Granted I have nothing to back that up, but that's my theory at the moment.

Yes that definately could be true. I have also thought of this. Though that would be a neat twist, but my love for more knowledge about the Celestials and Abeloth being one usually trumps that theory lol. If what you mentioned comes to pass we still could learn more about the Celestials anyway. It's win win. Very Happy

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

EMPIRE622 wrote:
So do any of you guys think that there is a connection to the Kessel technology and the mysterious voice to Abeloth? I think so. If there is this furthers my theory that she is a Celestial. Also if she was really trapped who do you think trapped her?

Of course there is a connection. Kessel was just another door in her prison.

I agree she could be a Celestial, but... If Killiks where telling the truth -very improbable, but possible- they built Centerpoint, but were punished by that and have to leave Alderaan and his nest -Oroboro, I think. So, and this is an important point, if she was an "evil" Celestial, why did the "good" Celestials punish the Killik for imprisoning her?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The Celestials probably moved the Killiks off Alderaan for protection than punishishment. Especially if Abeloth knew they had thier home on Alderaan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

grayJeedai08 wrote:
The Celestials probably moved the Killiks off Alderaan for protection than punishishment. Especially if Abeloth knew they had thier home on Alderaan.

Maybe, but most sources state that they were enslaved to build.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Then, why were they punished? It makes no sense at all, didn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nedara wrote:
So, and this is an important point, if she was an "evil" Celestial, why did the "good" Celestials punish the Killik for imprisoning her?

I think she became a "destroyer" a Evil Celestial if you will.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 2 of 8