Clone Wars on DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmmm...I dunno, maybe that's what I like about it. I generally like a more simple design. Nothing too flashy or detailed. But that's just me. And not always. I suppose I can just appreciate such a design at times. *shrugs*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote  

This reminds me that I still need to get Seasons 1 and 2 on dvd sometime.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

TFN got confirmation from Lucasfilm on the DVD/Blu Ray Box art. The cover posted earlier in the thread will be the box art.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/TCW_Season_3_Box_Art_137720.asp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Meh. I still don't like it. It just looks like, to me, that he should be holding a baseball bat.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*cues baseball organ music*

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote  

Ha ha ha ha! I didn't notice that before. You guys are totally right. He should be holding a baseball bat. "And the mighty Anakin stepped up to bat..."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

*facepalm* Well. I liked it up until just now. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Nice cover, does anyone know when it will be released?
And are the Region 1 DVDs and the Region 2 DVDs generally released at the same time?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

In the UK, the region 2 DVDs are generally released about a week or two behind region 1. You're in SA, right? I think it's about the same there. But they've not given the release date yet.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Life Is The Path wrote:
In the UK, the region 2 DVDs are generally released about a week or two behind region 1. You're in SA, right? I think it's about the same there. But they've not given the release date yet.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:30 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

Wow, rather blah cover, that.

I'll be picking it up on Blu-Ray, personally. The series is absolutely gorgeous in high definition, though something feels lost in the TV HD airings compared to the actual BDs.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Remember the old school, original Clone Wars cartoon?

It's not on Blu Ray. Think there are any plans to release it, or not likely?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have one of the volumes on DVD! I don't recall which at the moment. But I've been trying to find the other. Not the easiest suckers to get hold of. I remember when Ciruit City (back in the day) had them on sale, and I told my sister, "Nah, those are just those dumb cartoons." So young! So naive! Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I remember them, and have both volumes on DVD. I really couldn't stand the show, when it first aired. I think the last I saw of it was Ventress's 'I am Sith' line before I gave up. A while ago I bought the DVDs on amazon, because I felt it would be required viewing, despite my objections.

I haven't seen it on Blu Ray, though I haven't been looking. My guess is they won't be doing it any time soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:53 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Sorry, is it just me or are the DVD's ludicrously expensive? The ones I've seen are like 40 pounds! How silly. And "Star Wars: Clone Wars" (which I like more) is equally stupidly priced. 12 three minute episodes for like 20 pounds! You could just watch them on Youtube, and I'm always against piracy and bit torrent and downloading stuff illegally, but they deserve it if they're gonna price it like that!

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 4 of 5