Battlefront III: Discussion, Hopes, and Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Am I the only one glad Pandemic is not developing BF3? Very Happy

Seriously though, I loved the concept they created with the first one. Its just that if you look at all their games, they are all the same. Mercenaries, Lord of the Rings Conquest, BF2, BF1, etc.

I want something a little more new, and lately I dont feel that Pandemic has shown the ability to create fresh ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Autobon wrote:
Am I the only one glad Pandemic is not developing BF3? Very Happy

Seriously though, I loved the concept they created with the first one. Its just that if you look at all their games, they are all the same. Mercenaries, Lord of the Rings Conquest, BF2, BF1, etc.

I want something a little more new, and lately I dont feel that Pandemic has shown the ability to create fresh ideas.

I just want the ones all released on the hand healdes to get a BF HITS edition or something.

I hate the Down Loadable Content- I didn't have the net and so my BF2 has no ventress or Kit Fisto- I want that stuff too!! Grrr frustrating!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Spark Unlimited?
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

It's been quiet for BF3 news but there might just be hope yet. All signs point toward Spark Unlimited, if you go to their website they list job openings for a title they are working on "3rd person action/adventure game set in high profile science fiction franchise" This is pretty vague I know but think about it. Pandemic was unknown and didn't have a good track record before they Lucasarts gave them a chance. A good place to look is always the official Lucasarts forums under the BF2 page, and the thread BF3 speculation. Keep hope alive and i'll post anything I hear. Also battlefront3.net is a decent fan page with news

Re: Spark Unlimited?
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You've had my hopes lifted for far too long Red...

I have my eyes on a certain event now, and am hoping BEYOND hope that our skype chats are looking more factual, then hopeful fanboys. Cause this Fanboy would giggle like a schoolgirl (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with schoolgirls giggles) to get news that BF3 was coming.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

At this point, I doubt this'll ever come out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:53 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

Random thought: Who wants to see elements from TCW incorporated into a Battlefront-style game?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DarkSideSon wrote:
Random thought: Who wants to see elements from TCW incorporated into a Battlefront-style game?

Like what?.... Clones? Droids? It already has those. Razz Wink

What I would like is when they would use some planets from TCW in stead of the same planets that come around in every SWBF-game.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

I was thinking of TCW heroes/villains. Ahsoka, Cad Bane, Pre Vizsla, Embo, Savage Opress etc.

And yeah, I always thought Christophsis would be AWESOME in a Battlefront game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I wouldn't mind it, though to be honest I wasn't that big a fan of the heroes aspect in the second game. I preferred the 'ordinary soldier' aspect of the first, and just never bought the hero add on during the conquest stage.

However, I could see the next game, if there is a next game, set during the Clone Wars. Yes, I quite like the idea of that. And it could possibly give us a clue as to the timeline of the war Very Happy
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

As long as TCW characters have a realistic look yes. I'm not a fan of the animation style. I want the game to be more mature. I always wanted more EU in the Battlefront games such as Dark Empire, or NJO missions. The NJO would probably give the game a MATURE rating though. I wouldn't care, it would be awesome. I can't see Lucasarts making an M rated game though.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wouldn't mind a few TCW characters neither, but just like Empire622 I'm only for it as long as the characters try to look realistic. I wouldn't want to see "Star Wars Battlefront: The Clone Wars".
I'm all for the use of the planets from TCW though. It would be nice to have a BF game that has a few other locations in it, besides the obligatory ones.

@Life Is The Path
I'm with you on that. Just let me be a trooper and start mowing down the enemy!

@Empire622
I would so love to have a BF-like or a RTS game in which you could fight Yuuzhan Vong, but I'm afraid that's just daydreaming. Galactic conquest would be so sweet, though!

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yea I know. They did include a Dark Empire mission on the first Rogue Squadron game for Nintendo 64. You are right about the daydreaming. Lucasarts will only make what will sell. Sadly it wouldn't surprise me if they did make Battlefront 3 into "Battlefront 3: The Clone Wars" because they KNOW that would sell. I would HATE that. Keeping my eyes on Spark though, and Gammer events for Battlefront 3.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

EMPIRE622 wrote:
Yea I know. They did include a Dark Empire mission on the first Rogue Squadron game for Nintendo 64. You are right about the daydreaming. Lucasarts will only make what will sell. Sadly it wouldn't surprise me if they did make Battlefront 3 into "Battlefront 3: The Clone Wars" because they KNOW that would sell. I would HATE that. Keeping my eyes on Spark though, and Gammer events for Battlefront 3.

I would hate it too, but I think you're right. It could happen. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Lord Ree'dius wrote:
I would hate it too, but I think you're right. It could happen. Sad

Yea given TCW popularity. The only thing that gives me hope is some of the art and clips that I have seen online that are supposed to be from the game. All of it looks realistic.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Rumours are circulating that this is going to be announced this year, but it sounds like a distinct possibility, and I can't help but feel excited!

http://www.oxm.co.uk/38627/star-wars-battlefront-3-in-development-at-sparks-unlimited-rumour/
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Page 5 of 8