Savage Oppress
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Savage Oppress is cool. A bit overrated from the hype but there's tons of potential for a truly great character, I'm looking forward to seeing his explored more in the future.

I hate Asajj Ventress, I was really hoping Oppress would kill her off in the third part of that trilogy. I maintain hope that he will eventually kill her down the line somewhere. Or maybe he'll let Maul destroy her instead, that would be even more awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote  

I have to admit I'm of the opposite opinion. I didn't like Oppress, however, I have come to like Ventress. The voice actress for Ventress does an excellent job and I've enjoyed her parts in the series. She was kind of neat in the comics, but the television series elevated her in my eyes.

Oppress just seemed too simple of a character. Perhaps Maul, if it's truly him, will straighten that out.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

Savage was a pretty cool character. Not as cool as Maul, though. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DarkSideSon wrote:
Savage was a pretty cool character. Not as cool as Maul, though. Cool

I'm wondering what will happen when/if Savage finds Darth Maul.
How come Maul is still alive and will he have something to teach his brother? I for one would love to see Savage strike back at Dooku after more training in the Dark Arts.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Is that the route everyone's taking? Nightsister magic resurrecting Maul?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Pretty much. It pains me to think of him being resurrected, as that's a constant I feel should remain constant. But then again it's already been broken, with Maul in particular.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DarkSideSon wrote:
Is that the route everyone's taking? Nightsister magic resurrecting Maul?

Well, Mother Talzin did send Savage Opress on a quest to find him and learn from him.
So I don't know if it's a route everyone's taking, it seems that that route was taken for us by Filoni and Lucas.

As for me, I wish they would have left Maul for dead.
I don't normally mind when a hero or villain is still alive when presumed dead, but in Maul's case we've seen him die by being cut in half and falling into a "bottomless pit".
I don't think there can be any convincing reason why he would have survived that and think that there most be something like Nightsister Magic involved in order to have let Maul survive.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, but as was pointed out to me by our own IR2, he already was resurrected in the comic that sees him face off against Vader. That is deemed to be within continuity. Poor Maul. One of the great villains, destined to die at least 3 times.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:47 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm still sure how I feel about Maul coming back from the dead. '

Yeah it sucks he died one Naboo, but I've accepted it as FACT for so long that I dunno how to unaccept it, or if I even can.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:52 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Death is not in Darth Maul's dictionary. Actually, a lot of simple words aren't. That's why he doesn't speak very much in the films. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing

I think you'll fit in just fine here, Son.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Ah, but as was pointed out to me by our own IR2, he already was resurrected in the comic that sees him face off against Vader. That is deemed to be within continuity. Poor Maul. One of the great villains, destined to die at least 3 times.

I know Maul squared off with Vader before, but to me it still wasn't clear if that really was Maul or some kind of apparition or something.
But I guess that if Maul is still alive that this one could be the same one as the one that battled Vader.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I still don't know about Maul's fate. The only source we have about his potential return is what Talzin said. I wouldn't bank on her telling the truth. I could see the writers play up him being alive and then it's some other weird twist.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Maul coming back is really cheesey. Rolling Eyes

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Reepicheep wrote:
Darth Maul coming back is really cheesey. Rolling Eyes

I'm cautiously optimistic they'll explain it in a reasonable way that actually makes sense from a storytelling angle... I'm sure hoping so anyway. This has the potential to go horribly wrong quickly.
God, this could easily be the stupidest G-level canon plot ever. Or it could end up being compelling.

I'm not ready to call it shameless pandering yet. I'll save that for later. :/

Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 2 of 4