Abeloth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

If they wanted to tie it all together, Abeloth could be a Destructor (Keshiri religion) and the Celestials or the Jedi could be the Skyborn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

LightsaberRattling wrote:
If they wanted to tie it all together, Abeloth could be a Destructor (Keshiri religion) and the Celestials or the Jedi could be the Skyborn.

Hmm......maybe.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

LightsaberRattling wrote:

Yes! You're seeing where I'm going with this! Skyborn... Sky ...walker...

I can't recall- were the Destructors in on of the Chronologies or a RPG?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I think they're a new creation.

Personally, I think Abeloth was, and still is, a Celestial. Not immortal, for the Celestials did die out eventually, but just harder to kill. That, or just an ordinary being who, using the power of Mind Walking, mastering it, transcended the mere physical plain - but, again, still killable. One thing I do think is real, though, is that she really was a Fallanassi.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:06 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Life Is The Path wrote:
I think they're a new creation.

Personally, I think Abeloth was, and still is, a Celestial. Not immortal, for the Celestials did die out eventually, but just harder to kill. That, or just an ordinary being who, using the power of Mind Walking, mastering it, transcended the mere physical plain - but, again, still killable. One thing I do think is real, though, is that she really was a Fallanassi.

YEEEEEES......except her being a Fallanassi. Abeloth is trickster at heart it seems so why not make the true Fallanassi believe that she was just to disguise herself better?
She does seem to be affraid of Luke and possibly the Jedi to some degree. If she is a Celestial and the last one, she may know it and get this......could be less powerful as she would be with more of her kind there with her. Just thoughts. On the other hand the Celestial's slaves may have found a way to trap them with the Celestial's OWN technology and Abeloth is the last one. If this is the case then she may have absorbed the rest of her kind through her abilities. Sorry more thoughts. Razz

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I may be in the minority, buy I strongly dislike Abeloth. Worst major villain in a while for me. I was hoping she was just a plot device to get the Lost Tribe and Jedi into conflict. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I dislike all "all powerful" villains as a rule. Because then it all just boils down to finding that one fatal weakness. Predictable.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
I dislike all "all powerful" villains as a rule. Because then it all just boils down to finding that one fatal weakness. Predictable.

I do see what you mean, but to me in a lot of cases finding that one weakness adds more character development to those that search for it. Makes he or she think about possibilities, where they are, and what could happen if they fail. In some cases these "all powerful villains" bring out sleeping powers in our heroes. Wink

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:24 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

IDK... I'm on the fence. On one hand we've never seen a villain like Abeloth before. and this is intriguing. But the other I'm seeing her more of a mystery then all powerful- I at least hope they have a plan to explain her.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
IDK... I'm on the fence. On one hand we've never seen a villain like Abeloth before. and this is intriguing. But the other I'm seeing her more of a mystery then all powerful- I at least hope they have a plan to explain her.

I also see more of a mystery to Abloth. I love a good mystery in Star Wars.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

Mandalorian Aid.............
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:51 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I wonder who is older Abeloth or Zenoma Sekot????? Perhaps Vergere's Holycron will explain something, or maybe the answers lay hidden inside of Ship. There must be a connection there somewhere.

She is a character that is not understood, and her true plans have not yet been revealed which makes her motives, and her character difficult for many to understand. With the full blown exposure of the Sith, there is so much going on right now, that she needs to be dealt with quickly and efficiently. Now if the creds were poured into my account from day one, we wouldn't be worrying about Abeloth anymore, and we could all just profit nicely from the lasted installment of the Jedi vs Sith. Time to invest heavily in medical supplies.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I believe Abeloth is older.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Abeloth is harder to kill that an armored roach, sheesh! I wondering what Luke will have to do to off her.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

No idea, but my guess is he has to fight her while Mind Walking.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Life Is The Path wrote:
No idea, but my guess is he has to fight her while Mind Walking.

Destroying her may take the combined powers of the Jedi as well. Luke may have to have them chanel their powers through him.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 3 of 8