The Old Republic: Revan by Drew Karpyshyn Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The second game was a half of a great game.
They decided to bring it out before the holiday season even though it wasn't finished yet. Because of that the game has a lot of loose ends and rushed story lines.
The second game was not about Revan though and shouldn't have too much to do with this novel.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote  

I have to disagree with everyone about "I couldn't be more excited." Oh, I am excited about the novel, however, I shall be even more excited when they reveal the cover. New Revan Art! Woohoo! And if Reven is going to have some key role in the TOR game, then we'll get even more Revan art!

Oh yeah, good days ahead. If the Revan novel is as good as the Bane novels, then I will be one completely satisfied Star Wars fan. Could it get any better? Yes! Seeing that Canderous is going to be in the book too was like icing on the cake. If HK-47 makes it in there too, then it'll be like getting a side of ice cream.

Now I'm wondering how Revan will play into the game.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Revan was a sub-plot of Kotor II; it was the Exile's time to shine, but she obviously was influenced and connected to Revan (She was under his command during a few battles and they knew each other.) The Exile's next step, after defeating Kreia and her motley crew, was to go and find Revan, so making it connect (and doing it in a way that ties Kotor directly to TOR) should be very fun to see, to say the least.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

Revan's fate
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's very likely that we'll find that Revan is either captured by the Sith Emperor, or he's dead.

Re: Revan's fate
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

grayJeedai08 wrote:
It's very likely that we'll find that Revan is either captured by the Sith Emperor, or he's dead.

Or is the Emperor....

Hello Gray! Welcome to the Boards! Are you the same Gray from the TOS Force Philosophy thread?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, from what I can tell, Revan's role in TOR is quite big, but he is NOT the Emperor (I think that's why Drew wants to show us who the Emperor is, that way we know who Revan met, and what happened during the meeting.)

Lots of questions can be answered in this novel, and I have no doubt Drew will leave us with those answers, and then wanting more from the game itself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:51 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

According to Random House's Fall 2011 catalog. TOR: Revan will be 352 pages.

http://bit.ly/hUfXF9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:22 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

yes! I'm so excited to see all these characters back after so long of not knowing what happened to them. I already have high hopes for this book, so let the anticipation begin!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

LightsaberRattling wrote:
According to Random House's Fall 2011 catalog. TOR: Revan will be 352 pages.

http://bit.ly/hUfXF9

That's a placeholder amount.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

You know, I have a feeling Revan will be shown to be in stasis the whole time, up to the TOR game. The Emperor was shown to be young in the web comics, and that he wanted a sort of perfect army (or something like that). I could see that they may be clones of Revan.

Hope you forgive the lack of exuberance. I'm very excited by this news - Or rather, by the confirmation of this news, as it seemed to be the worst kept secret in SW literature - I'm merely tired. Will hopefully post more thoughts later.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:09 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of Force Ghost of Revan. But I don't thinkk he will be alive.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

Just the thought of a Sith Force Ghost makes my stomach turn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:36 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Revan ended KotOR light though.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
You know, I have a feeling Revan will be shown to be in stasis the whole time, up to the TOR game. The Emperor was shown to be young in the web comics, and that he wanted a sort of perfect army (or something like that). I could see that they may be clones of Revan.

Hope you forgive the lack of exuberance. I'm very excited by this news - Or rather, by the confirmation of this news, as it seemed to be the worst kept secret in SW literature - I'm merely tired. Will hopefully post more thoughts later.

The book is set at the end of Kotor and runs 5 years into Kotor 2 events- so the Q/A says. The only character to live through this span that we can count on is the Sith Emperor- in Blood of the Empire we learn he's been alive for centuries already.

Now that's not to say that Revan wasn't one of those bodies he transferred into....

As for Sith Force Ghosts- we've had Sith Spirits for a long time. The only difference in SW being that the Spirits have limited mobility where as the Ghosts tend to be free reign. Thus we have a light and dark version that are similar but very different.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have a feeling the Emperor wouldn't have killed Revan, even if he messed up his original mission. (Recall: Revan met the Emperor while he and Malak were pushing the Mandalorians back and fell upon his stronghold.) Keeping him around, somehow, would make much more sense, and no doubt a plot-point for the game, hopefully introduced in this novel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 17