Vestara Khai
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Skywalker Legacy
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I am completely biased as well being a huge Mara Jade Skywalker fan, and I will go on the record to say that I absolutely love Vestari. There is no one who can fill the hole that is Mara, but Vestari fills a little of that loss. Her beauty, her intelligence, her skill, her strength in the force is the kind of woman that Ben has grown up with and is accustomed to. It really only makes sense that the law of attraction would lead Ben to Vestari, and myself personally couldn't be happier. I love her interactions with Ben, and with Luke and I cannot wait to see how the rest of the Jedi Order will react to her.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Badly, I'd guess Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Future Jedi Master
 PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

They will get used to her once they see what an asset she will be to the Jedi Order, and the love that she feels for Ben. It is the Jedi way to give her a second chance to prove that she will be a loyal ally, and if she fails to prove that loyalty well then it will be up to Ben to Oya Manda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'm still at the point where I like Vestara as a character, but for some reason, I do not like her and Ben as a couple. Confused

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Stronger as Two
 PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:39 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Queen Padme I felt the same way as you at first, but Vestari has really grown on me. It must be that she reminds me so much of Mara, and anyone that knows me knows how much I love Mara Jade Skywalker. I really cannot see anyone else with either of them, they are the perfect sounding board for each other. To me Vestari is the only one who really helps fill that void that we lost with Mara. Why do you think I allowed the Sword of the Jedi to train with me, that false Sith Lord needed to be taken out immediately after what he did to Mara.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

See, although I like Vestara, I cannot see her as the "new" Mara or anything of the kind. By putting her with Ben, I feel like they're simply trying to recreate, on some level, the Luke/Mara dynamic from the late Bantam/early Del Rey years. Although I love that dynamic, I would have rathered them go with something completely new and fresh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I like Vestara. I also like her and Ben's relationship so far, and come on they have to be the future Skywalker couple. I also like seeing her character grow. Very Happy

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Why do they have to be the future Skywalker couple? Come on, they're both still teenagers. Lot's of time for things to change, new people to happen. Didn't everyone think that Jaina and Zek were a done deal at one point? Then Jag happened.

Besides, Vestara is a Sith, and I don't think she's going to make this magical, overnight conversion to the light side because of Ben. In fact, I hope she doesn't. She is much more interesting the way she is now. Very gray and you just don't know which way she's going to jump.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

One of the many things that I love about her Cerrinea is that she is still alot of Sith. I would hate for her to get all sappy with Ben. I don't expect anything magical to happen right away infact I hope it takes time as well. Just look at Luke and Mara when Luke was running his Jedi Academy Mara would only show up for training once in a while, and it took a long time for them to fully realize there feelings for each other. I would have preferred Jaina with Kyp even though he is older, then I do with Zekk, though Jag is finally starting to grow on me.

Speaking of family how is Jag's uncle, one of the few individuals who can truly fly with me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shocked Oh my word....someone besides me liked Jaina and Kyp...I feel so validated!!!!

Cerrinea wrote:
Why do they have to be the future Skywalker couple? Come on, they're both still teenagers. Lot's of time for things to change, new people to happen. Didn't everyone think that Jaina and Zek were a done deal at one point? Then Jag happened.

Besides, Vestara is a Sith, and I don't think she's going to make this magical, overnight conversion to the light side because of Ben. In fact, I hope she doesn't. She is much more interesting the way she is now. Very gray and you just don't know which way she's going to jump.

Very well put, Cerrinea. I am in agreement.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't mind Ben and Vestara as a couple, but don't want it to be that lasts. The character is good but I'm not a fan of stories that have teenage sweethearts being the one for each other.

I also don't think it's right to say Vestara is just a new Mara. Both characters are different and honestly I'd say there's not much similar about them. Yes they both were taught to use the Darkside at a young age, but that's about it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Cerrinea wrote:

I do understand that someone else can come along, IMO I don't think so. I also said FUTURE Skywalker couple. That does not mean right away or overnight changes. Wink

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ben and Vestara have grown on me. I wouldn't really want them settling down, but it works for now. It makes sense that Ben would be attracted to someone who is similar to Mara.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Indeed. I'm not a big fan of Oedipus complexes. Though Ben seems to be a good candidate for such a thing.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Vestara being a Mara copy is a bad idea. At this point she can't go back to the Sith tribe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 2 of 5