Mace Windu vs. Ahsoka Tano
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Prefer?
Mace Windu
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Ahsoka Tano
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Mace Windu vs. Ahsoka Tano
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

As some of you may be aware...A question was put to me in the Ahsoka thread:

Quote:
I still dont understand why your trying to say Mace Windu is as popular as Ahsoka.This is a joke. You seem like an intelligent person focused on facts so you should research this false claim of yours more.Ahsoka will always be more popular than Mace

And as Caedus said:

Quote:
Well unless we have the numbers we can't prove who is more popular, Mace or Ashoka. That's definitely not a provable fact, and the popularity of a character depends on target market. Ashoka, Jar Jar, young Anakin, these are things targeted to younger children. Ashoka specifically is targeted at younger girls and has done a good job of that. At this point arguing who is more popular will descend into childishness and do nothing but create problems. All recurring characters are popular to somebody or they wouldn't be kept around.

Well, I was stumped (though I'm sure you figured out by now, not for long). I wondered where I could get the numbers for fan preferences, and then realised I couldn't. Then I wondered how I could effectively poll the fans to find the answer. The answer was, of course, that I couldn't. At least, not all of them. Fortunately, there is this place. It's a nice place, you should stop by stome time, have a nerf steak and some blue milk (Yes, Rogue, I am gunning for your EUCast job Razz ). Because this place has a very varied group of fans that, I feel, we could get at the very least a small microcosm of fandom.

So, my question is: Who do you prefer, Mace Windu or Ahsoka Tano?

Now, bear in mind that this isn't a 'who would win in a fight' scenario. Simply a question of personal preference. A bit like Reep's Top 100 thread, only dedicated to these two.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Last edited by Life Is The Path on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:41 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I like both characters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Go Mace! Mace Mace Mace Mace Mace!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I like them both, but come on, Mace Windu is Mace Windu. A Jedi Master from the PT who kicked butt with the biggest of them and who was (also important) played by Samuel L. Jackson. I really like this character.
Ashoka on the other hand can be fun on TCW and I like her most of the times, but there's also a lot of episodes starring her that bore the crap out of me. On top of that her "sharp and witty" remarks tend to annoy me half of the time.

P.S. Hoorah! A hundred posts Very Happy I just turned Knight!
*Cuts of Padawan-braid and starts dancing around*

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I feel Mace will win the vote here, but we're hardly Ahsoka's fan club. Unless all of you are 12-year-old girls and I didn't know it...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:00 am Reply with quote  

Note: the top 100 thread is Reep's.

And I'm the only Ahsoka fan Crying or Very sad

Wonder if I was the only fan who was happy when Mace fell out the window. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

you're definitely not the ONLY Asokha fan here

both characters are great in their own rights, both have their merits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Skuls, I like Ahsoka too, especially this last season. I really enjoy the relationship growth between her and Anakin.

I also think she's going to survive Order 66. But somehow she's going to influence Anakin's fall to the dark side.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Cerrinea wrote:
I also think she's going to survive Order 66. But somehow she's going to influence Anakin's fall to the dark side.

agreed on both points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Honestly Ashoka has gotten more tolerable but she's just not my thing. I get that she's fun and has become an ok apprentice but she just kinda bores me. I honestly think she'll die in Order 66 because other than that I'm not sure how she could contribute to his darkside downfall (I'm not putting a lot of thought into it, I just don't care for her that's the only reason). She is ok as a character overall but she didn't add a lot to the film canon and since this series erased the original Gennedy Tartovinski series I'm kinda annoyed by it as that was great, this not so much...

Plus Mace Windu is Mace Windu! The master of the shatterpoint, the man of honor, the man of power, one who dances with the dark side and defeats it on a regular basis, the only master of Vapaad! He took out an army of battle droids with no lightsaber, just the Force! He died, but honestly that didn't make him less cool. Go Mace!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have always been a Mace fan, so I'd go with him. But OMB is right, this is kind of a biased place. If you asked younger fans they'd probably go Ahsoka. And there's nothing wrong with that. Just like if you did a Luke or Anakin poll, age would have a big factor in who a person voted for.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Mace also has the advantage of actually being in the films.

Not that the 12 year olds would care. Some of them have probably only seen the TV show.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Re: Mace Windu vs. Ahsoka Tano
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:

Now, bear in mind that this isn't a 'who would win in a fight' scenario. Simply a question of personal preference. A bit like Skuldren's Top 100 thread, only dedicated to these two.

Life, how could you? Sad Razz

I like Mace better.

If Ahsoka is more popularthan Mace, it's in the way Justin Bieber is. Famous, but not the most liked.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reeps, Skuls, I am so sorry. I just don't know why I keep getting you two mixed up! My sincerest of apologies, a thousand times so.

I guess, if it was anything, it would be that I see you as a bit of a double act. Like Laurel and Hardy, like House and Wilson, like Kermit and Miss Piggy. Wait... Embarassed
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
I feel Mace will win the vote here, but we're hardly Ahsoka's fan club. Unless all of you are 12-year-old girls and I didn't know it...

You've discovered my secret, OMB (Or should I call you Padme? That seems to be my thing at the moment Laughing ).
Agreed that we're not exactly her fan club. However, it's not so much calling to be that, and the same with Mace, but I feel there's enough here who like her enough not to be called Snip-haters.

To prove my point, just look at SkulReep's ( Rolling Eyes ) banner in his signature.

P.S. Hoorah! A hundred posts I just turned Knight!
*Cuts of Padawan-braid and starts dancing around*

Congratulations, Ree'dius!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 3