MARVEL movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Caedus_16 wrote:
Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Hey, I once gave Batman one chance to redeem himself and he failed me. Then Nolan took over the franchise and I was shown a new way of looking at it. Give him a couple chances Wink

Yeah, true that. Fair enough. Although I'm a bit concerned about The Dark Knight Rises. That they might be trying to pack in too many characters.

I'm still slightly miffed that they're rebooting Spiderman. Not that I'm against a reboot, but I feel like it's way too soon.

Dark Knight Rises will be amazing. I refuse to believe anything less and Nolan has not disappointed me ever.

As to the Spidey reboot, I love the new guy playing him and the actor playing Lizard will be good. I'm certain it will at least be fun and entertaining if not great.

Well, I'm glad you have such great hope. I have doubted ever since I heard that Anne Hathaway was cast. But, as you said, Nolan has not failed us. I assume he knows something I don't.

I'll see the Spidey reboot and I'll probably enjoy it, but the speed of it still bugs me.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Hey, I once gave Batman one chance to redeem himself and he failed me. Then Nolan took over the franchise and I was shown a new way of looking at it. Give him a couple chances Wink

Yeah, true that. Fair enough. Although I'm a bit concerned about The Dark Knight Rises. That they might be trying to pack in too many characters.

I'm still slightly miffed that they're rebooting Spiderman. Not that I'm against a reboot, but I feel like it's way too soon.

Dark Knight Rises will be amazing. I refuse to believe anything less and Nolan has not disappointed me ever.

As to the Spidey reboot, I love the new guy playing him and the actor playing Lizard will be good. I'm certain it will at least be fun and entertaining if not great.

Well, I'm glad you have such great hope. I have doubted ever since I heard that Anne Hathaway was cast. But, as you said, Nolan has not failed us. I assume he knows something I don't.

I'll see the Spidey reboot and I'll probably enjoy it, but the speed of it still bugs me.

On Batman: People said Heath Ledger was a horrible choice as Joker, look how that turned out Wink

On Spidey: After how bad the 3rd one was, they needed another one. I don't mind the reboot actually. I think they'll take a couple of elements out of the first trilogy and then add all the rest of the comic ideas to make it a grand film.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:

I think it was a good move to reboot. There really was not much more to be done with Raimi's Spiderman. He did a great job - when Spiderman came out superhero movies were just starting to gain momentum. I also like that we'll get Gwen Stacy instead of MJ.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

On Batman: Indeed, in Nolan I will trust!!!

Spiderman: I was actually more upset about the Spidey reboot when it was first announced. I just felt that it was much too soon to being rushing it into production. Now I'm more ok with it. Doesn't hurt that I like Andrew Garfield well enough.

Last edited by Queen Padmè Skywalker on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If you need more Andrew Garfield rent Boy A and Never Let Me Go. I warn you, both are sad movies, but they are excellent. Boy A has a decent amount of harsh language though, so I warn you of that. Never Let Me Go doesn't, its just good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hmmm, I'll see about checking those out. I just saw The Social Network recently. Was shocked that it wasn't a waste of my time.

Back to Marvel: Thor has me quite intrigued.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

I too had my concerns about Dark Knight Rises. I could not fathom why they chose Bane as a villain. He served one purpose alone in the comic. Tom Hardy is playing Bane - I saw him in the trailer for the MMA movie he is doing. I can hardly recognize him from Inception dude is huge. Basically just like Cadeus Nolan has my support. Because he did such a great job with the last 2 movies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thor actually has great reviews so far, and the entire plot is on wikipedia so its been hard to avoid it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And now we all wait and pray that our faith in Nolan will be rewarded. But Catwoman? Really? Of all the characters I had no desire to see...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I actually don't think she'll be Catwoman, just Selina Kyle. He's doing that do deliberately challenge fans into accepting it. I think Marion Cotilliard, on the other hand, will be revealed to be Talia Al-Ghul. I'm excited for that.

And Bane had a lot of point in the comics! He was actually a political genius, he's president of Cuba currently.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
I actually don't think she'll be Catwoman, just Selina Kyle. He's doing that do deliberately challenge fans into accepting it.

This is what I'm hoping.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And on to Marvel. Is ANYONE actually excited about Captain America?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
I actually don't think she'll be Catwoman, just Selina Kyle. He's doing that do deliberately challenge fans into accepting it. I think Marion Cotilliard, on the other hand, will be revealed to be Talia Al-Ghul. I'm excited for that.

And Bane had a lot of point in the comics! He was actually a political genius, he's president of Cuba currently.

Whoa out of touch! I did not know that. Last time I read a book with Bane in he was:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:

Slightly. Not sure if I'll spring to see it in theaters. Depends if my friends want to see it, I guess. But it looks kinda cool.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:

Super pumped! One of my all time favorite heroes. From what I have seen on the trailers I think its going to be one the biggest Summer movies. I think the costume looks great and the one shot I saw of him tossing the shield looked good.

I think between Chris Evans in FF, The Losers, and Push they did great with the casting. I also think seeing:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
will be really cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 3 of 4