Log in to check your private messages
The Bothan Spynet [The Forum of The Star Wars Report]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

Also- today marks the day that Riley joins the forums as a poster!



Now for his...sister!
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:15 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Jediriles
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 24 Apr 2011
Posts: 15

Hello hello! I just wanted to stop by and personally thank everyone for listening! You guys mean a lot!


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Taral-DLOS
Master
Master

Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: Ontario, Canada

Hello all,

I was listening to Episode 13 of the Bothan Report this morning on my way to work (45 minute bus ride in, about an hour going home). It was the first time I'd ever listened to it, as, truth be told, I was under the [false] impression that the information therein might be entirely redundant with EUCast, which is one of my favourite podcasts out there.

Nothing could be further from the truth though. I really enjoyed the podcast (still got 20 mins to go, so I'll enjoy the rest over lunch!) The information was fun and useful (and different from the stuff we learn in other podcasts, so I can enjoy both the Bothan Report AND EUCast!), and Riley, Bethany, and Mark were great hosts. I look forward to hearing other episodes.

That said, if I wanted to listen to some of the back-episodes, are there any specific ones you might point me to? I figure that news segments lose a bit of their value after a while, but maybe there are some really interesting side-segments that are particularly wizard that you might recommend for a new listener. Any thoughts?

Anyways, thanks again for the great work!
_________________
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quote  
Message
  wookie_inked
Knight
Knight

Joined: 13 Apr 2011
Posts: 397
Location: western NY

the older Bothan Reports are always fun to listen to even if the news is outdated in the future


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Jediriles
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 24 Apr 2011
Posts: 15

@Andrew Thanks for the kind words! I'm so glad that you decided to give us a listen!
As to the back episodes, We enjoyed making all of them! I'd suggest going to http://www.solosound.net/category/bothan-report/ and which episodes might be of interest to you Smile
However, the episode I'm most proud of, is the Audio drama Rest Thou Softly (I was the producer/director) It was also released in the EUCast feed, so you may have already heard it, but if not, definitely check it out! http://www.solosound.net/eucast/2347/


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote  
Message
  wookie_inked
Knight
Knight

Joined: 13 Apr 2011
Posts: 397
Location: western NY

Riley, I must request you keep going to cons just to interview Star Wars celebrities and posting them as Both Report "extras" if not as part of the regular show.

not that you're planning to stop, I'm sure you'll go to shows whenever you can, but I'm a fan of those interviews.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Taral-DLOS
Master
Master

Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: Ontario, Canada

There was a lot of talk about the possible location of Celebration VI. I'd like to chime in with a quick thought.

Mark was mentioning how it should be West Coast, but didn't know exactly whereabouts. I'd like to put forward one city no one considers: VANCOUVER.

If it's in the center, I propose TORONTO.

Canada needs Star Wars love too. If it's in Toronto, then I'd easily go. 4.5 hour drive for me, and not terribly far for most East-Coasters.

But yes, Canada needs Star Wars love too. We don't get fancy movie premieres, or the Star Wars: The Clone Wars theatrical releases (like for the Mandalorian or Savage Opress trilogies). We need a Celebration!
_________________
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  wookie_inked
Knight
Knight

Joined: 13 Apr 2011
Posts: 397
Location: western NY

I'd go if it was in Toronto!


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Jediriles
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 24 Apr 2011
Posts: 15

@wookie_inked Yes going to Cons is definitely something we're going to do as much as possible! And interviews are one of my favorite types of episodes!

@Andrew I think that Vancouver and Toronto would be great places to host a con! I would certainly go!
It would mainly be http://www.mtccc.com/home.cfm or http://www.vancouverconventioncentre.com/. Those seem like the most likely Canadian candidates.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I was listening to Episode 13 of the Bothan Report this morning on my way to work (45 minute bus ride in, about an hour going home).


Nice! I miss working 37 miles away from my house for that reason, all the podcasts and audio dramas I could listen to on the way in.


Taral-DLOS wrote:
It was the first time I'd ever listened to it, as, truth be told, I was under the [false] impression that the information therein might be entirely redundant with EUCast, which is one of my favourite podcasts out there.

Nothing could be further from the truth though. I really enjoyed the podcast (still got 20 mins to go, so I'll enjoy the rest over lunch!) The information was fun and useful (and different from the stuff we learn in other podcasts, so I can enjoy both the Bothan Report AND EUCast!), and Riley, Bethany, and Mark were great hosts. I look forward to hearing other episodes.!


Thanks Andrew! May I ask- what lead you to think it was going to be redundant? (I ask cause for my part on the Bothan Report I'm going to be trying not to cover the same materials, but since some; like titles and releases are the same- we're trying to approach it in a different way then what I do with Austin and Elyse on EUCast.

Like EUCast we'll discuss the covers in depth, maybe a blurb and the like, but with TBR, we'd come at it from why it might be worth your while to grab this issue. (We will be utilizing Facebook more for a lot of the "redundant" information. SoloSound subscribers are on my mind when we do up shownotes for both shows. I try not to give listeners of both shows the same thing twice. So in that regard I encourage feedback on what's more relevant to the EU listeners of TBR. And the same with EUCast's listeners.

Was this your first time listening to TBR? Or to episode 13? I myself only recently joined TBR permanently as their EU Correspondent. (I might not be on every episode, but I'll be there for most of them.) And we've got some exciting things in the works that we hope to roll out by the end of the year as well. But that's hush-hush for now. Wink

So having recently joined TBR again I say to you listeners- if there is anything EU related you'd like to see or hear about- let us know!

Everything else- see Mr. JediRiles. He's the captain of the ship. I'm just the engineer. lol



Taral-DLOS wrote:
That said, if I wanted to listen to some of the back-episodes, are there any specific ones you might point me to? I figure that news segments lose a bit of their value after a while, but maybe there are some really interesting side-segments that are particularly wizard that you might recommend for a new listener. Any thoughts?


Anyways, thanks again for the great work![/quote]

I second Riley's pick of Rest Thou Softly. It starts out a little rough, but that it smooths out and by stories end... WOW.

If you've read RotS, or the Dark Nest trilogy, this story works on you from multiple levels.

I had a hard time reading scenes when we recorded it, and thankfully there was no music at the time of recording or I'd have never finished the lines for a few parts- the writing was just that good! If you're paying close enough attention you can hear my voice on the edge at the climatic parts Laughing

Having kids made my eyes leaky...I don't know why... lol
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:26 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Taral-DLOS
Master
Master

Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: Ontario, Canada

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Thanks Andrew! May I ask- what lead you to think it was going to be redundant? (I ask cause for my part on the Bothan Report I'm going to be trying not to cover the same materials, but since some; like titles and releases are the same- we're trying to approach it in a different way then what I do with Austin and Elyse on EUCast.

Like EUCast we'll discuss the covers in depth, maybe a blurb and the like, but with TBR, we'd come at it from why it might be worth your while to grab this issue. (We will be utilizing Facebook more for a lot of the "redundant" information. SoloSound subscribers are on my mind when we do up shownotes for both shows. I try not to give listeners of both shows the same thing twice. So in that regard I encourage feedback on what's more relevant to the EU listeners of TBR. And the same with EUCast's listeners.

Was this your first time listening to TBR? Or to episode 13? I myself only recently joined TBR permanently as their EU Correspondent. (I might not be on every episode, but I'll be there for most of them.) And we've got some exciting things in the works that we hope to roll out by the end of the year as well. But that's hush-hush for now. Wink


Thanks Mark. The only reason I assumed the info would be redundant was because the blurb on SoloSound.net called it "dedicated to covering the biggest and most significant Star Wars news". Since EUCast did something similar, I assumed that the info covered in both would be the same. But it's clear to me now that the info is separate, and it's good to know that this is intentional.

I think I listened to the first episode of TBR, but at the time I wasn't really into podcasting yet (I didn't own an iPod at the time, and only listened to two podcasts: The EU Review on SoloSound.net and the Savage Lovecast at TheStranger.com, and listened to them over lunch at work. When I bought my iPod (one of the new nanos with the touch screen!) I got hooked on podcasts for the ride to and from work, and so began listening to EUCast, We Talk Clones, and any number of CBC podcasts. Good times. This week I tried The Bothan Report again, listening to Episode 13, and really enjoyed it. I'm planning to tackle Episode 12 on the way home, and Rest Thou Softly over the weekend (long bus ride to the comic book shop planned for Sunday).

But yes, keep up the great work, all!

Also: I'm envious of the title "Defender of the EU". Especially since at home, EU means Expanded Universe, but at work it means European Union, so the double-meaning wins Smile
_________________
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Life Is The Path
Master
Master

Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 3867
Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Indeed. I'm quite hooked on the SoloSound podcasts, too! But Taral, when you ask for specific ones to listen to. At this point there's only 15 up there, and apart from a few mini ones during each month, it's a monthly thing, so you could always listen to them all at some point without being too far behind on newly released episodes.
_________________
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Thanks Mark. The only reason I assumed the info would be redundant was because the blurb on SoloSound.net called it "dedicated to covering the biggest and most significant Star Wars news". Since EUCast did something similar, I assumed that the info covered in both would be the same. But it's clear to me now that the info is separate, and it's good to know that this is intentional.


Ahh. I can see how one might think that! Yeah TBR is more an over all Star Wars Fandom podcast, dealing with both trending, and relevant SW stories. From the EU to the CW, to the social side of things, TBR covers all the most popular topics, and most interesting. well tries to. We are always striving to make each episode better then our last. - That's the same with all SS podcasts.

Where as on EUCast we cover the EU in all its forms and have a range of segments from debates, to news, to covers, to ponders, and more, but all mainly EU themed.
We will cover EU works like the EU Review does, but no where near the level of depth that Nathan and Andrew provide in their show. Theirs aims at answer the time old questions "Should I buy this product? Is it worth it?"

And of course We Talk Clones deals with the TV show in all its glory.

So where as WTC's might discuss an episode of TCW, the EUR might discuss the book that covers it on theirs, EUCast we'd cover perhaps any EU and TCW collisions but discussing any possible changes that might be coming to the EU both in new tales or retcons needed for older ones. And TBR might cover the same episode from the fan side, the reactions from fans on Facebook and twitter, and so forth as well as initial thoughts on the recent epsiodes.

And as Life said, each podcast has a different release Schedule, and most of the monthly ones provide mini casts between main monthly episodes.

But yes, when dealing with something as big as SW, it's easy to cover it from multiple angles, but it does get rough when the stories and TCW episodes are few and far between, so we always need to make sure we're not carbon copying topics.

Cause you listeners have choices. You can subscribe to the SoloSound feed and get ALL our podcast, or personally tailor your feeds for which SoloSound podcast you might prefer. By reducing redundant topics and conversations we can encourage listeners to check out other parts of the conversation on other shows.

Like I've been a guest on WTCs a few times, as well as TBR before becoming a permanent host, and topics then might have been the same as one from EUCast, but instead of repeating my entire POV from the EUCast episode, I will either come at it from a new angle, or change my POV to explore some other aspect that I hadn't gotten the chance to discuss on EUCast. It's all about keeping things in mind while setting up before the show for me. I'm not sure how the others get geared up before episodes. I think I'm more the gatherer of the Squad. Laughing lol
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Taral-DLOS
Master
Master

Joined: 23 Nov 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: Ontario, Canada

I was doing some yard work today (wind storm knocked down a bunch of brush from the trees) and listened to Rest Thou Softly while working.

That was so good! Well written, well voiced, well played.

Are there any more of these on SoloSound? If not, are there any more such fanfics that are worthwhile?

But yes, I loved Rest Thou Softly; thank you guys so much for recommending it!
_________________
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I was doing some yard work today (wind storm knocked down a bunch of brush from the trees) and listened to Rest Thou Softly while working.

That was so good! Well written, well voiced, well played.

Are there any more of these on SoloSound? If not, are there any more such fanfics that are worthwhile?

But yes, I loved Rest Thou Softly; thank you guys so much for recommending it!


Yeah we have one more on SS at the moment, and we're working on John Jackson Miller's Influx next, as well as some smaller ones.
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 2 of 7
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Display posts from previous:

  

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights 2 by Scott Stubblefield