The Old Republic: Revan by Drew Karpyshyn Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

From what I read and heard about the game I tend to think that Revan's being kept in stasis on a prison planet (can't remember which planet it was).

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Agh! I could not be more ridiculously excited for this news. Very Happy

Of all the characters I would love to see that I never expected to see, Revan took the top of the list, and I never expected him to come down. This finally begins to make up for the loss of IC2. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

KOTOR III
 PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

How to deal with the impatience when they are so many awesome new novels just around the corner. It will be awesome to revisit good ol Revan. KOTOR to me is still the best video game period ever made, and it wasn't even on a next gen console, can you just imagine a brand new KOTOR on the next gen consoles, that is just way to exciting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Ah, now the excitement is coming to me in full force! *Revels in excitement*

A thought did occur to me, though, to make my earlier guess wrong. You remember the Revan teaser trailer, which showed HK-47? Well, it seemed to me, that the Sith knew as little about it as the Jedi would. Ergo, the Emperor would know as little as the Jedi would, so maybe he's not with the Emperor in stasis, nor was used as a host body. It is possible, though, that he stayed in his custody for some time in his absense, but most likely escaped.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think the Emperor knows far more about great many things than even the members of his Dark Council.

The Jedi prisoner, likely Revan, is not kept on a planet, but on the Emperor's private space station prison in the Maelstrom Nebula, so he is not really a prisoner of the Sith Empire, but the Emperor himself.

It was interesting point in the recent previews that there exists a Cult of Revan on the Sith capital planet Dromund Kaas...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Rouge77 wrote:
The Jedi prisoner, likely Revan, is not kept on a planet, but on the Emperor's private space station prison in the Maelstrom Nebula, so he is not really a prisoner of the Sith Empire, but the Emperor himself.

Yes, that was it. That's where I think Revan is during TOR.
As for there being a cult of Revan, that is interesting. Guess I have to visit the TOR site again soon.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I just don't see how Revan could meet someone if he IS that person-- there's numerous mentions of Revan and Malak meeting the Emperor in person, before coming back and the events of the Jedi Civil-War and Kotor 1 take place.

It's also hinted at in the Essential Atlas that the Emperor is a surviving member of the Sith Empire circa 5,000 BBY and the Great Hyperspace War. Whoever he is, it's apparent that he will be important to Revan's legacy and journey, and I can't wait to find out more.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I think I am one of the few that did not really enjoy the KOTOR Xbox games. Just not my style of gaming. I only finished half of the first game and never even played the second. I did have a KOTOR 2 poster in my office for a while because it looked cool Very Happy
I am really excited about the book though. Looking forward to learning more about this popular character.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to the small club! I wasn't a KOTOR fan either, mainly because of the RPG style gameplay. The characters have always been neat though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So, Revan is in prison? I doubt he could be kept there for long. To Illogal Rouge 2: Yes, Grey Jedi 08 from SW forums - Force Philosophy 4.0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Old Master Ben wrote:
Welcome to the small club! I wasn't a KOTOR fan either, mainly because of the RPG style gameplay. The characters have always been neat though.

Yeah, the RPG style gameplay is what got me too. I really wanted to get throught it for the story but I just couldn't make it Shocked

The Force Unleashed is more my style. Run and hack, not time consuming Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's my geek SW-fan curiosity, off course, but I would really want to see the cover art for this novel Very Happy I hope it's good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hi everyone, Drew talks more about the novel here if you havent read this all ready:
http://drewkarpyshyn.com/c/?p=228#more-228
thats from his website.

I'm thinking the novel will be fantastic an long over due. I'll also say IMHO that a Revan novel HAD to be written to give canon / legitimacy to Revan's legacy and of course quiet all the Revan haters up. with all that said I'm thinking one of the main aspects of the book will be a contrast of Revan's first visit with the emperor with Malak durring his fall and his return visit with the Exile. Those two are gonna kick some sith a$$ which is why it took the emperor some 300 years to re cooperate from that setback. sadly I dont think Revan or the Exile will survive their assault on the emperor. But a pregnant Bastilla will not go with two and remain in the core with the fledgling jedi.

P.S. chronologically Revan will be book one* of the star wars galaxy. If so that would be interesting

*ebooks and comics and such not included

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

thanks, Roshi, and welcome to the site!

I can't recall if I've ever read an interview with Drew Karpyshyn, so I don't know if he's always like that, but I have to say I quite like the guy! Snarky yet also he goes straight to the heart of matters, no flowery words.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote  

Yeah, Drew sounds like a cool, down-to-earth guy. I'm glad he's doing the Revan book. He's absolutely perfect for it. And having played KOTOR I & II, Revan really is an epic character deserving of a book. Just getting a name drop of Revan in the Bane books was awesome, so a whole story should rock.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 17