Mace Windu vs. Ahsoka Tano
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Prefer?
Mace Windu
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Ahsoka Tano
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha! Thanks

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote  

I'm looking at the voting results and admiring all the Ahsoka fans. There has to be more 12 years old girls on this site other than just me.

Shocked I'll let you decide between these two Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You know, I think it's not so much about people disliking Ashoka. It's just when you have to decide who you think is coolest or like the most I think most votes would go to Mace anyway.
I even think that if you would ask the young TCW fans who they like best (and keep in mind that despite of Ahsoka most of those are still boys) most would go for Mace.
If I look at my own son aged seven and his friends they still like all the (male) Jedi Masters and Knights best and enjoy the episodes starring them most.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I'm looking at the voting results and admiring all the Ahsoka fans. There has to be more 12 years old girls on this site other than just me.

Shocked I'll let you decide between these two Laughing

I always knew you had to be a 12 year old sitting in a Hello Kitty bedroom, Skuls. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You know, I think it's not so much about people disliking Ashoka. It's just when you have to decide who you think is coolest or like the most I think most votes would go to Mace anyway.

Exactly. I don't dislike Ahsoka. Well, sometimes I do. It's an episode to episode thing for me. I try to give her a chance in every episode she is in.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I had to go with Mace. I've always had a soft spot for him. Plus, I love his attitude. If I had a dollar for every time I said THIS PARTY'S OVER... XD

[ wtfNET // livejournal // twitter: @hexterah ]
[ the outlander club -- EU costuming! ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

How many times have you said that at an actual party? Very Happy
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quote  

Personally I think Mace is overrated. Sure sure, he had his own special colored lightsaber, he was played by Samuel BAMF Jackson, and he also had his own lightsaber form. But he died by falling out a window.

The snake Jedi was far cooler. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

LOL@ Life is path. You had to do it didnt ya? Smile Well, Im sure you know how I spent my vote. Nice thread,good job. Alot of new subjects came up when you posted this thread I did not consider. I agree with Lord Ree'dius in a way. As of now Mace would win this vote. I love Ahsoka but Mace did kick some serious Sith butt and WAS in the movies. This alone gives him an advantage. Guess I should have said "no way as popular as Ahsoka in Clone Wars series" huh path? I think he wins the genereal vote. But not the series. I think Ahsoka has that spot locked down. I personally consider her the main character because we pretty much know what happens to the major characters already. To me,shes the real "new" story. But I still say she is currently the most popular character.@Caedus- Give canon some time,she will contribute in a big way. I would have liked to see a different actor other than Samuel Jackson. IN MY OPINION: Hes a self centered ,narcissistic jerk. Mace the Jedi,cool. The actor,sucks. So he cries enough until GL gives him a purple lighsaber? No consideration to any of the books or movies before him? How rude. He carves 'BAMF" on his lightsaber! I know this was in reference to Pulp Fiction,but come on. How big headed are you? Last but not least,the fire starter, when Mace snaps at Anakin "Sit down"! To me Mace seemed very angry,short tempered,and had a bit of discontent for Anakin. These do not seem like traits of a master jedi. I know he had his suspicions and all........

Last edited by Sereck Si'-Well on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

LOL @ Skuldren. He fell out a window...hahaha. Whos the snake jedi? I missed something major. If its a character in a novel I can forgive myself.Samuel your the same character in every movie you play. " I cant stand all these motherf***ing Mynocks on this motherf***ing YT-1300!!! With his off the wall requests,imagine if he would have played Lando! Goodbye SWEU. Hello chamiilion-painted Cloud city. Twin-pod Cloud cars bumpin' massive bass as "no hands" by Waka Flocka disturbs all the citizens of the city. LANDO: "well,well,well,what do we have here? oh sh** Han shes a princess! Hell yeah! *smacks Leia on butt hard. Come on sister,lemme show you how I does it." At least we would get cooler looking Cloud gaurds. The navy blue jumpsuits and yamaca's would be replaced with Ecko jeans and basketball jerseys. Did I go to far? Im not making fun of SJ because hes black. Im making fun of his acting and demands.To get back on topic, yes, i like Ahsoka. Smile

Last edited by Sereck Si'-Well on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dude carved badass into his lightsaber because dude was a badass. I respect his self-confidence. He was a flawed character, but he was meant to be flawed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Personally I think Mace is overrated. Sure sure, he had his own special colored lightsaber, he was played by Samuel BAMF Jackson, and he also had his own lightsaber form. But he died by falling out a window.

The snake Jedi was far cooler. Laughing

Admit it, this is you getting back at me for the SkulReep issue, isn't it? Razz
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sereck Si'-Well wrote:

Guess I should have said "no way as popular as Ahsoka in Clone Wars series" huh path? I think he wins the genereal vote. But not the series. I think Ahsoka has that spot locked down. I personally consider her the main character because we pretty much know what happens to the major characters already. To me,shes the real "new" story. But I still say she is currently the most popular character.

Is that your roundabout way of asking for another thread, another poll, with those conditions? Wink

Quote:
The actor,sucks. So he cries enough until GL gives him a purple lighsaber? No consideration to any of the books or movies before him? How rude. He carves 'BAMF" on his lightsaber!

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was a brief, haltingly asked, discourse where he says: So, um, what colour lightsabre do I get?
Lucas: Well, the good guys get blue and green.
Jackson: Uh, can I get purple?
Lucas: I'll think about it.

It was in the special features. And, technically speaking, it was the other way around. The books had multi-coloured lightsabres - even a rainbow coloured one - including purple. Lucas was the one that introduced the idea that the Jedi only had blue and green. And I've not really seen BAMF on his lightsabre...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm pretty sure he didn't need it on his lightsaber, he was just so BAMF that its assumed.

Sam Jackson's entire involvement in the PT was based off him asking George for things. The only way he got in the movies was that he literally begged. He stated that he would willingly accept a role as an extra while the main characters just ran by so that he could show people that he was in Star Wars and George was like "Black BA Jedi!? How could I not!?" and tada, it happened. The purple lightsaber was Mace asking and when George said maybe he looked online for EU stuff and found that many different colors existed since then. George relented to the EU. It happened!!! George respected us!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's awesome! Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 2 of 3