When did Anakin turn?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

kurtdc wrote:
Which books are those? I recall many showing his dark tendencies, but also his good side and all the conflict in between.

My pet peeve ones are the Jedi Quest series and No Prisoners. Rogue Planet annoyed me a bit, too.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
kurtdc wrote:
Which books are those? I recall many showing his dark tendencies, but also his good side and all the conflict in between.

My pet peeve ones are the Jedi Quest series and No Prisoners. Rogue Planet annoyed me a bit, too.

Well, I thought Rogue Planet was OK, and showed just enough of Anakin's ability to be nasty.

I have recently finished the Jedi Apprentice series, but have yet to start Jedi Quest. I hope to soon, so I'll be keen to pay attention to see if I see it the same way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Yeah, Rogue Planet was good as a whole with it's portrayal of Anakin, but killing the Blood Carver in rage seemed a little much. I mean, wasn't he like 12 in that book? Good luck with Jedi Quest. As much as I loved the idea of a pre-AotC Anakin/Obi-Wan series, I felt like it sort of missed the mark, especially after seeing RotS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Rogue Planet was good as a whole with it's portrayal of Anakin, but killing the Blood Carver in rage seemed a little much. I mean, wasn't he like 12 in that book? Good luck with Jedi Quest. As much as I loved the idea of a pre-AotC Anakin/Obi-Wan series, I felt like it sort of missed the mark, especially after seeing RotS.

Wow see I read it BEFORE RotS, and found it ok, it seemed to be setting the tone for the galaxy under palpatine's rule. In fact I really like Ferus in this series, so his continuation of the series was supercool!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think it was more of a sudden change....Looks like that in the movies.
Sure hes all angry and does some stuff...like chop some bad guys up.
But realy...it was the fact that Palpatine promised Anakin that he wud teach him how he could save Padme. And thats wat made him stop Mace Windu....

Hell all Anakin told Mace was that Palpatine needed a trial-_-
Had Mace trusted Anakin more...-_- this might not hav happened.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Wow see I read it BEFORE RotS, and found it ok, it seemed to be setting the tone for the galaxy under palpatine's rule. In fact I really like Ferus in this series, so his continuation of the series was supercool!

I read them before RotS, too. I liked them OK, but once RotS came out, they seemed inconsistent to me.

And, just for the record, I think Anakin was majorly played. Whenever I watch RotS and Palpatine says that he doesn't know the secret to immortality (or whatever), but that together he's sure they can discover how to master it, I always imagine Palatine looking at Anakin and thinking "sucker!".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

I read them before RotS, too. I liked them OK, but once RotS came out, they seemed inconsistent to me.

And, just for the record, I think Anakin was majorly played. Whenever I watch RotS and Palpatine says that he doesn't know the secret to immortality (or whatever), but that together he's sure they can discover how to master it, I always imagine Palatine looking at Anakin and thinking "sucker!".

That point("sucker") is driven home further in the Dark Lord Rising book. Anakin figures out more and more how much he was duped, but now he was stuck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I always liked the idea that Vader knew he'd been had.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I always liked the idea that Vader knew he'd been had.

Ditto- made for a more dangerous Vader IMO!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Definitely. I get annoyed when Anakin/Vader is portrayed as unintelligent. And that does happen. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah, Rogue Planet was good as a whole with it's portrayal of Anakin,

It also explains the little look that passes between Anakin and Tarkin in TCW's Citadel arc.

Whenever I watch RotS and Palpatine says that he doesn't know the secret to immortality (or whatever), but that together he's sure they can discover how to master it

Which seems analogous to "two magnets would attract more of the dark energy than one", a concept which Vader has embraced by the time of SOTE.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Still, he still gives Anakin no solid information, no indication that he has any clue where to start mastering the power to "stop death". That always stood out to me.

Also, I don't believe I've seen you around much before. Welcome to the Cantina. Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Anakin started to turn when he beheaded Darth Tyranus. Yes he was being urged by Sidious to do it but I don't think he was being manipulated into it, I think he just did it because he could... and using both his own saber AND Dooku's to slice off the head scissor style? That was Dark IMO.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He didn't start to turn when he massacred a whole village of Sand People?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Hey, I think he turned dark when he used the Force to knock that hydrospanner out of Jar Jar's hand, when he was fixing the podracer, knowing Jar Jar would get his hand stuck. What better way to get rid of Jar Jar than to make it look like an accident? That kid was evil, dude. Even back then.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 3 of 5