Darth Plagueis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Plagueis novel be revived?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Darth Plagueis
 PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, we know he was a Sith lord, we know he was a Muun, and we know he trained Sidious, who was the Sith that finally took vengance on the Jedi. Who knows anything else? Who wants the cancelled novel revived? There has been rumor of it, but I think its just rumor. Still, anybody else have anything?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quote  

I don't have anything but I'd gladly support reviving the novel. As you can see, I find the character very interesting. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't want it revived and I'll tell you why-- there are mysteries that deserve to remain just that: mysteries. This is a prime example. All that we truly need to know about him can be found in The Essential Guide To The Force. Would it be cool to see Palpatine train? Perhaps, but I'd rather let that go into the great unknown.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote  

I wouldn't mind getting a book from Palpatine's POV. I've always wanted to get in his head and find out what he really thinks, what his true motivations and feelings are, not just what people perceive and what he wants people to perceive. He's such a grand manipulator that's it's hard to say what is true and what is deception. I would think a Plagueis novel set with Palapatine's POV, with a portrait of how Palpatine began his journey down the dark path, would be very useful and insightful.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:38 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It might be, but is it needed? Not really. Like I said, all the information about both characters' past is given in The Essential Guide to the Force, having a few pages dedicated to it.

I'd read it, but I don't think it should be too informative.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:47 am Reply with quote  

But has it ever been clarified whether Palpatine genuinely wanted peace in the galaxy (thus falling into the trap that the only answer is complete control) or was he just in the whole thing for an uncontrollable lust for power? I don't doubt that he lusted for power but I wonder whether that was his only or his initial motivation...I think it would add more depth to his character and to the whole EU if he did it for peace. It would fall more in line with the Vergere->Lumiya->Caedus plot line.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:09 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think it can be and should be assumed that he wanted peace, much like Caedus, but his lust for it corrupted him. I just don't want to ruin a perfectly good area to think about and debate by a definite on it. We don't need to spoon-feed everything as fans; let us make our own thoughts. I think that's why Lucasbooks decided not to go ahead with it: They wanted it to remain something the fans could discuss.

As a character, he seems cool, but all the depth and thoughts for him have been given... at least to satisfy me. However, to each his own. Very Happy If you want to see something and you believe in it, then never let it escape your mind.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote  

Yep.

And to be honest, I'd rather see a third Bane novel than Plagueis or Palpatine. At least that's what I'd like to see next.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Anything Sith-based, heck even one character based, is much wanted and look forwarded to for me. Plagueis would be interesting to perhaps hear mentioned though..

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

See, a third Bane novel would be fantastic because he's quickly becoming my favorite Sith lord. Plagueis, however, would be extremely interesting to get inside the head of, and Sidious as well. I see him, though, as a megalomaniac. Whether or not he started desiring peace, he slowly began moving towards psychopathy. He became obsessed with fulfilling the Sith vengance. I think that they've been discussing Darth Andeddu novels and Nihilus stories. I think that maybe a Tales of the Sith thing would be kinda cool. You know, like how they did with the Bounty Hunters, Jabba's Palace, and Mos Eisly Cantina. Stuff that lets you get a taste of the Sith lords, but doesn't let you get inside their head.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote  

Tales of the Sith = The Best Star Wars Book Ever!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lets write it Skuldren. Let's get stories together, get a hard copy, and get it to DelRay. I'd like to write a book, but I'm also terrible with follow-through so maybe that isn't actually the best idea...

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

He'd make a very interesting novel, especially because we could see glimpses of young Palpatine in it, which would be really cool. Cool

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There's a quote from Sue Rostini on the Plagueis page on Wookiepedia (they have the link to the statement there) that says that its just not the right time to delve into Palpatine's past. They cancelled it because of the Sidious origin, not Plagueis.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Whatever the reason, the mystery is what they want to remain, and I can't blame them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 2