Refuge has been found. (The Great TOS migration of 2011)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport View previous topic :: View next topic  
Refuge has been found. (The Great TOS migration of 2011)
 PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, today marks the end of the Official Star Wars Forums as we knew and loved them. They are all but gone. Sure you have a month of "read only" still. But for content; they are dead.

So with that in mind. And many of us have long ago or most recently made the migration. But for those of us who have not yet; please use this thread to let us know what your screen name was over at TOS, and feel free to let us know the screen names you are using here as well as Port Haven, and Dark Horse and TFN's forums as well.

I use illogicalRogue2 almost everywhere.

So you see it- it's me.

But what about the rest of you? Where did you once hail from before calling EUCantina home? (Or where is you're new home if not EUC?)

I think the main thing for most of the TOS posters is the thought that we'd all lose contact.

This thread is like a BEACON OF LIGHT: a place to let others know where to find you to continue the epic adventure that I call SW Fandom.

And with that: WELCOME HOME TO EUCANTINA!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Am I allowed to post here if I have already mentioned that I am here? Cuz I feel like talking about myself.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:38 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
Am I allowed to post here if I have already mentioned that I am here? Cuz I feel like talking about myself.

Yes, the purpose of this thread it to allow EUCers to see where their fellow posters are and what their others screen names are.

So please re-post here you're handles/usernames/screen names.

And feel free to link as well. This thread can grow into a hub even for those trying to discuss things with users they regularly converse. I have known a few TOS regulars on say Dark Horse of TFN's forums, but had not known it for years. And others I knew it was them and so conversations were able to flow across multiple forums in a sense.

Like comic relevant topics. I'd discuss those at TOS and follow ones at DH's forums as well as some of TFN's EU Threads.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

In that case, here is a link to my fan club on Port Haven:

http://s4.zetaboards.com/port_haven/topic/8658730/1/

Razz

Anywho. I was YodaBauer2442 on TOS. I am YodaBauer2442 on here and at Port Haven. (You should join both if you're lurking).

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Hello old friends and new,
I was, am, and will be Life Is The Path,
And I have a tale to regail to you,
(For those of who who are not such a telepath).
I joined the EUC,
One night, one cold night last year,
When my eyes, the chat box they did see,
Conversed, I did, on zombies and fear,
And fingernail toothpaste - these things you could hear.
Since then, my dear fellow, my old mucker's, to boot,
It is here that I have strayed, and here I set root,
Here, too, I hope you shall, friend,
So enjoy it, for tales of frolic are no fable -
But one thing I find shocking, surprising,
A fact that is quite sensationalising...
- I set the trend,
I joined before it was fashionable. Razz
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It was the 15 minute long EUCast episode back on 4/12 that alerted me to the existence of this board and I'm extremely happy I joined up, this site has become one of my homes on the internet! This board is amazing and I'm hoping to be around for a very very long time, I'm looking forward to seeing the membership list grow a lot!

I'm also Wookie_Inked over on Rebelscum which is the only other SW site I'm on.

oh and this past weekend I was fortunate enough to be a guest commentator on We Talk Clones for the Season 3 wrap-up show. Very Happy I'll tell ya, giving Womprat ratings is more pressure than it sounds like when you're just listening!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was brennandc on TOS, though I haven't been posting much lately. I will be checking in here more often though.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I was TorrentCommander over at TOS, but with its death I figured the Commander should expire as well and so JediConsular was born.
I also joined Port Haven as TorrentCommander, but have asked it be changed. And I have joined the ForceCast Forums (also as JediConsular).

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I joined here a while ago through IR2 in the old forums, though I wasn't accepted until several weeks later at my prodding of OMB - an act that was precipitated by an email of mine being read on the EUCast, and I've been hooked here ever since. TFN isn't so much my thing, and I tried Port Haven, but it didn't captivate me as this place did. Though, to be fair, it is still a young site. It probably will get better over time.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:57 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Life Is The Path wrote:
TFN isn't so much my thing, and I tried Port Haven, but it didn't captivate me as this place did. Though, to be fair, it is still a young site. It probably will get better over time.

Truthfully, I will admit that I spend most of my time here as well. I like both ForceCast Forums and Port Haven too, but I have to admit that this place has captivated me too. I can't really explain it...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I can. Last year, for just one day, people who ordered from gamestation.co.uk, as is normal for websites, had to agree to their terms and conditions before sale. The difference was, for that one day, gamestation included another term. It read as thus:

By placing an order via this Web site on the first day of the fourth month of the year 2010 Anno Domini, you agree to grant Us a non transferable option to claim, for now and for ever more, your immortal soul. Should We wish to exercise this option, you agree to surrender your immortal soul, and any claim you may have on it, within 5 (five) working days of receiving written notification from gamesation.co.uk or one of its duly authorized minions.

Now, I'm just guessing, but I'm pretty sure there's such a clause in the EUC terms and conditions, too... Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Life Is The Path wrote:
I can. Last year, for just one day, people who ordered from gamestation.co.uk, as is normal for websites, had to agree to their terms and conditions before sale. The difference was, for that one day, gamestation included another term. It read as thus:

By placing an order via this Web site on the first day of the fourth month of the year 2010 Anno Domini, you agree to grant Us a non transferable option to claim, for now and for ever more, your immortal soul. Should We wish to exercise this option, you agree to surrender your immortal soul, and any claim you may have on it, within 5 (five) working days of receiving written notification from gamesation.co.uk or one of its duly authorized minions.

Now, I'm just guessing, but I'm pretty sure there's such a clause in the EUC terms and conditions, too... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Absolutely, completely and totally brilliant Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Coruscant looking at the Jedi Temple in the distance...

Warmest greetings my fellow SW fans and refugees... Smile

I am here thru my friend illogicalRogue2. Thanks my friend Smile I LOVE IT HERE... Its HOME! Smile

I am a fan of all things Star Wars. My heros are Obi-Wan and Mara Jade. I read a lot of SW and also play video games! Laughing

I am Shahla 'lala here and at Port Haven.

HELP ME Obi-Wan...

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Welcome, lala!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hello everyone Smile I'm new here, but I was over at the Star Wars forums before they *sob* were gone. Over there I was Tahiri Veila{96}, as well as another "Tahiri Veila" type username that I had to abandon because that account was all glitchy and spazzy for some reason. Razz Anyway, I'm a teenage, Star Wars fangirl who loves the EU. Smile (As you may have guessed, my favorite EU characters are Tairi and Anakin Solo. ;D)

May the Force be with you, always.

Page 1 of 3