|RE: Vonduun armor and Bafforr pollen
If I recall correctly, the Bafforr pollen didn't just disable the armor, but specifically cause such an allergic reaction that they might puff up and kill the Vong within it. Alternatively, a Vong in damaged armor would be slower, and much easier a target for NR blasters. Last, I'll point out that biological weapons don't need to kill a population. There was an incident in 1984 in the US (Oregon I think) where a cult poisoned a number of salad bars with Salmonella, hoping to make people sick and keep them at home on election day. No intent to kill, but same idea. In World Wars I and II, weapons were conceived that would kill crops or food animals or worker animals (like horses) to slow the pace of the military.
I counted a total of seven weapons used by "Criminals", and certainly the Darksaber was among them. But in fairness I expanded the word Criminals to include terrorists and other beings not associated with the main governments.
The six "Criminal" Superweapons (counting chronologically from 1977) were:
1. Trigon One (Fromm Gang, from the Droids cartoon)
2. Centerpoint Station (Corellian insurrectionists, from the Corellian Trilogy)
3. Darksaber (Durga the Hutt, from the novel Darksaber)
4. Emperor's Plague (developed by the Empire, but used by the Diversity Aliance, from the Young Jedi Knights books)
5. Infant of Shaa (to be used by the terrorist General Khorda, in the graphic novels Jango Fett and Zam Wesell)
6. Trihexalon (to be used by the terrorist Sabaoth Squadron, in the game Jedi Starfighter).
You could, in theory, count a seventh, the Death Seed, as it was weaponized by Seti Ashgad and possibly in league with Loronar Corporation, but to my knowledge they were working with the Empire at the time.
Ah. Yes, I remember you mentioning those, but I didn't count them as criminal organizations when I read them.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.