Qui-Gon Creativity Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
On top of that, I wrote a short story. Here it is for your perusal:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

WOW......

My mind is just reeling from the IMPLICATIONS of this FanFic! Life you'll enjoy my rave at the idea of this story- I can't wait to finish it!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Qui-Gon Jinn, who like the Ryn, blend in, into a world of greed.
He had a need, to visit Theed, but didn't know it'd kill him.
For had he known, would he still have gone?
Lets take a moments ponder...
Would he have fought Darth Maul, all down that hall, but instead of fight; he waited.
To give Obi-Wan a moment's run and thus his presence saved him.
This could not be, for Maul DID succeed, and with his saber ruined him.
Obi-wan did scream; that day on Theed.
When Jinn fell to Maul's saber.
But before he went, Qui-gon done sent, one last command to Obi.
Go train the boy, he'll bring us joy. He's the Vergence that we're seeking.
Convince the Council way up high, the Chosen One we're keeping.
He'll bring us balance. To the Force. Or why else would I seek him?
I'll Train The Boy, he laminated, watching as his Master faded.
His steps from that day on never wavered, wished he knew he trained Darth Vader.
But that's a story we'll save for later.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Guys, thank you for your kind words!

Now...

OMB, loved the story! Now I wonder what would have been Qui Gon's solution to it all.

Mara, great poem! There was something to it, almost sing-song in its rhythm that was quite appealing.

IR2, I loved it! It reminded me of the William McGonagall poem 'The Tay Bridge Disaster' - in that it has relentless, strong, driving rhythm (like that of the old fashioned trains' chugging sound) which gives it a harsh yet emotive feel.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:08 am Reply with quote  

@Mara:

@OMB: I really liked that short story. The character dialog was spot on. I could easily visualize Ewan and Liam speaking those lines.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

OMG! Great stories and poem guys! Awesome!
And life, your PAINT artwork looks fantastic!

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ok. Life- Great story- one I've pondered at least a 1,000 times in my head.

I just hope some one reads it and doesn't say anything but then suggests that story to a writer for one of the 2013 line up of stories! That and one about Palpatine- like Outbound flight- what EXACTLY did he do with C'Boath, Obi-Wan, Anakin and the rests' blood samples? When did he clone C'Boath? When did he first transfer his essence? When did C'Boath's clone get to Wayland.

And those darn Whills and the secret they gave Qui-Gon.

I figured it would have to be something like this- or at Death. But how you presented it- with the Whill kind of living in and as the Force- is how I see it working best too- either how you presented it (Genius BTW) or post death- like Anakin's turn from the Neither world Chaos. Cause his learning it in his life doesn't seem the kind of thing he would sit on and not tell the Order.

Kudos again!

-
-

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Coruscant looking at the Jedi Temple in the distance...

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Qui-Gon Jinn, who like the Ryn, blend in, into a world of greed.
He had a need, to visit Theed, but didn't know it'd kill him.
For had he known, would he still have gone?
Lets take a moments ponder...

MY FRIEND illogicalRogue2...
I am so sorry, but somehow I missed your poem last night ... Embarassed
It made my heart wrench... especially the last three lines... Crying or Very sad
Thank you!

You all are sooo talented... and so awesome... Thank you for sharing your talents with us... Very Happy

I'm very sorry I am late ... my creative work was planting flowers for the past two days... Cool and finishing Dynasty of Evil... Razz Very Happy
But I was thinking about Qui-Gon a lot! And I kept remembering this short story by Kelly Frieders, that I had found on Club Jade Fanfic ... it is called My Master's Funeral ... Warning... Warning... I cry every time I read this... Here is the link...http://www.clubjade.net/fanfic/mymastersfuneral.html

Life Is The Path wrote:
On top of that, I wrote a short story. Here it is for your perusal:

[spoiler]Qui Gon's Journey

Qui Gon Jinn lowered himself to kneel, exhausted.

Life...
WOW!!! KUDOS... KUDOS... KUDOS...
Awesome drawings... I love them both!
What a great short story... Whill ... so clever...!!! Thank you!
As soon as I read the first sentence, the exact image from TPM came to my mind ... and to read on and see I had the right vision!?? Hmmmmm?? The Living Force?
I will be thinking about this story for a while...

Darth Skuldren wrote:
My short story Another Time, Another Place

Darth Skuldren ...
Love your story... I have dreamed of your outcome, more than a few thousand times... I WISH!!!! Love the way you have woven the tapestry... joy joy happy happy... Laughing

Old Master Ben wrote:
I wrote this very short story over the past hour. I'm not entirely pleased with it, but I'm always pretty hard on myself.

[spoiler]Death Sticks

“You gentlemen interested in buying some death sticks?”

Old Master Ben ... Ease up on yourself... would ya??? Smile LOVE IT ... LOVE IT... LOVE IT...
I chuckled the whole time... as I read... and re-read it... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thank you... it cheered me up! Very Happy
I just love Obi-Wan! And... so did Qui-Gon... Wink Wink

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Ah! Indeed, tis Qui-Gon Creativity day! My sister and I have written a brilliant poem! I hope you are not blown away by its sheer awesomeness. Enjoy. Cool

Qui-Gon Jinn, a worthy foe,
Where he was born, we do not know.
But where he died, we all could see,
As Obi-Wan screamed, "No! Not he!"

Mara Jade Skywalker ... I love any thing you do... Very Happy

And here is my little tiny (and late) contribution...

A Hero, A Wise Man...
Jedi of Stature and Power...

A Roguish Spirit...
In His Finest Hour...

My Heart is Broken ...
By What Could Have Been...

Had We Learned Our Lessons...
From Qui-Gon Jinn...

HELP ME Obi-Wan...

Last edited by Shahla 'lala on Sat May 14, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

My fellow members, I thank you. You are doing wonders for my ego. Keep it up!

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

I just hope some one reads it and doesn't say anything but then suggests that story to a writer for one of the 2013 line up of stories! That and one about Palpatine- like Outbound flight- what EXACTLY did he do with C'Boath, Obi-Wan, Anakin and the rests' blood samples? When did he clone C'Boath? When did he first transfer his essence? When did C'Boath's clone get to Wayland.

I figured it would have to be something like this- or at Death. But how you presented it- with the Whill kind of living in and as the Force- is how I see it working best too- either how you presented it (Genius BTW) or post death- like Anakin's turn from the Neither world Chaos. Cause his learning it in his life doesn't seem the kind of thing he would sit on and not tell the Order.

Kudos again!

Exactly! I know I don't really know Qui Gon well, as I've never read a PT book with him in it, but it seemed that, even though it was something he longed for, he wouldn't keep it from the Council, so it had to be a recent thing. And I ruled out in death because, well, my grasp of Force philosophy is sketchy enough already, I doubt I would have got it right! And I wondered, why him, when there were thousands of Jedi who died before him? What would make him so special that he alone would learn in whatever afterlife he was in? But then I remembered that resolute look in his eye, as he got up to fight Maul, and that Mortis scene, and put the two together.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
My fellow members, I thank you. You are doing wonders for my ego. Keep it up!

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Kudos again!

Exactly! I know I don't really know Qui Gon well, as I've never read a PT book with him in it, but it seemed that, even though it was something he longed for, he wouldn't keep it from the Council, so it had to be a recent thing. And I ruled out in death because, well, my grasp of Force philosophy is sketchy enough already, I doubt I would have got it right! And I wondered, why him, when there were thousands of Jedi who died before him? What would make him so special that he alone would learn in whatever afterlife he was in? But then I remembered that resolute look in his eye, as he got up to fight Maul, and that Mortis scene, and put the two together.

Yeah you did a great job- I was thinking something similar upon death- like how Obi-Wan grabs Anakin from going to Chaos and quickly teaches him the trick. I figured a Whill living in the Force did the same for Qui-Gon after his death. But the way you did it works just as well!

-
-

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

To anyone who commented on our poem: Thank you all! We were quite delirious when writing. Wink

@Skuldren: Your laughing smiley made my day. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 2 of 2