Abeloth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I agree with you Empire, but I still believe, and hope that Luke will be around for a couple of more series atleast. I really think that Allana will one day become the Grandmaster of the Order.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

BobaFett97 wrote:
I agree with you Empire, but I still believe, and hope that Luke will be around for a couple of more series atleast. I really think that Allana will one day become the Grandmaster of the Order.

Yea I hope Luke will be around for a while longer as well, but you never know. Allana being Grand Master? That is interesting. Very Happy

-YOU REBEL SCUM!
-Through victory my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just one thing I want to say. Destroy Abeloth!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

grayJeedai08 wrote:
Just one thing I want to say. Destroy Abeloth!

But I love Abeloth. She is so unique. Very Happy

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not really. She's a Cluthu ripoff. Frankly, so far I'm getting bored with her. It's like die already.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

BobaFett97 wrote:

Really Boba? I can't see it. I see her setting up Hapes as a "hands off" zone- basically UNDOING everything Leia, Luke, Djo, and isolder had worked to bring Hapes into the Galactic fold. We know that even though in Legacy Hapes is closed off, it has very strong ties still with the Empire. (Which to me is the family link since Allana and Jaina are for intents and proposes considered sisters.

I just see Allana being more like her mom and less like Luke and or Leia (It's Leia I'd like to see take the role of Grand Master some day)

Cerrinea wrote:
Not really. She's a Cluthu ripoff. Frankly, so far I'm getting bored with her. It's like die already.

I see her as the Mind Witch Sybl. Or that perhaps Sybl was her. See again I get to that mystery. I'm hooked on the need for the answers.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:47 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

While some dislike Abeloth I welcome other Force using characters besides Jedi and Sith. I love when more of these characters are added to the EU. Gives it more of a variety. Wink

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't hate Abeloth, I'm just bored with her.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Same here. She's just boring at this point. Imo she's pretty one dimensional; I'd like to see something unexpected happen.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Werehunter you are bang on !!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Just my opinion Illogical I respect your knowledge greatly, but I just have this feeling. Very important Jedi and Sith have seen this prophecy including Master Luke, and Jedi were all noticed standing around Allana looking everything like the Jedi Master she would one day become.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Cerrinea wrote:
Same here. She's just boring at this point. Imo she's pretty one dimensional; I'd like to see something unexpected happen.

I understand what you mean. I want to see her do more, and I'm sure we can expect more in the last three books.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

BobaFett97 wrote:
Just my opinion Illogical I respect your knowledge greatly, but I just have this feeling. Very important Jedi and Sith have seen this prophecy including Master Luke, and Jedi were all noticed standing around Allana looking everything like the Jedi Master she would one day become.

Oh I agree with where you're going with that, just I have a feeling she has but a 3rd Order. Jedi, Imperial Knights, and The Hapan Jedi. (That's my speculation anyway)

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cerrinea wrote:

Abeloth was interesting when she was implied to be connected to the Celestials, and Luke and Ben were exploring a miniature version of Centerpoint Station called Sinkhole Station and there were mysterious skeletons of an unknown alien species lying around along with killik carapaces. And then Luke saw these aliens Beyond Shadows at the Font of Power. And Abeloth was calling out to Allana from the Maw, and Kessel was going to explode and there were these mysterious non-sentient life forms underground in Kessel.

Then they replaced the interesting mysteries with this slavery subplot and Abeloth became a one dimensional evil villain that has no real motives beyond something just mentioned about wanting to correct the flow that Jacen disrupted that could have easily just been said to placate the Fallanassi than to actually be Abeloth's motive.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:18 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

LivingJediDream wrote:
Cerrinea wrote:

Abeloth was interesting when she was implied to be connected to the Celestials, and Luke and Ben were exploring a miniature version of Centerpoint Station called Sinkhole Station and there were mysterious skeletons of an unknown alien species lying around along with killik carapaces. And then Luke saw these aliens Beyond Shadows at the Font of Power. And Abeloth was calling out to Allana from the Maw, and Kessel was going to explode and there were these mysterious non-sentient life forms underground in Kessel.

Then they replaced the interesting mysteries with this slavery subplot and Abeloth became a one dimensional evil villain that has no real motives beyond something just mentioned about wanting to correct the flow that Jacen disrupted that could have easily just been said to placate the Fallanassi than to actually be Abeloth's motive.

Yea I hate the whole slavery subplot.

-YOU REBEL SCUM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 4 of 8