X-Wing: Mercy Kill by Aaron Allston
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Wing: Mercy Kill by Aaron Allston
 PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:15 am Reply with quote  

Blurb:

Quote:
Founded decades ago, Wraith Squadron was Wedge Antilles’s boldest creation: a covert-action unit of X-Wing fighters, its pilots drawn from the dregs of other units, castoffs and rejects that were once outcasts and misfits, spies and warriors, pilots and troublemakers given one last chance. After thrilling adventures during and after the Rebellion that destroyed the Empire, this elite intelligence unit was disbanded at the end of a catastrophic galactic civil war.

Now, reunited by former leader Garik “Face” Loran, Wraith Squadron must find out whether one of the galaxy’s most powerful military officers is a traitor… and whether anyone can stop him if he is. To succeed in their mission, the Wraiths must become thieves, pirates, imposters, forgers, and liars, staying just one step ahead of their enemies and the law!

Source: http://star-wars.suvudu.com/2011/12/cover-reveal-star-wars-x-wing-mercy-kill.html?ref=twt_Suvudu_stream

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yes, I'm looking forward to this. I thoroughly enjoyed the X-Wing novels.

Sue posted the release date over at the OS today; the same date for the late IC2 novel. April 24, 2012.

Link

For those of you interested in history trivia, that date is a few days off of the 100th anniversary of the Titanic disaster. April 14-15, 1912.

Moving along... Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would not mind if they picked up after the end of the X-Wing series. However placing it during the Fate of the Jedi series could also be cool - using Wedge's daughters as part of the new Wraith Squadron.

I also wonder if we will see a Jedi in the story - we really did not see a lot of that in the earlier books.

Super excited about this! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:36 am Reply with quote  

I hope Allston brings Piggy back. He's one of my favorite Wraiths. I'm guessing Face will still be around to lead them.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I hope for something later in the timeline- NJO +

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I would actually like something timed a little earlier.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote  

I would want something post-Enemy Lines II at least.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well with Wedge back in the seat I have a feeling it'll be set closer to the original Xwing Series.

Though I'd be most stoked with a Wraith Squadron story set much later just to see a fighter squadron deal with the changing galactic background.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After all the short re-appearences - returns from retirement and re-retirements and returning from again retiment after those - and cameos by Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron members it would be nice to see them back in action in their prime.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:22 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I hope this novel will be set Post-FOTJ with Wedge coming out of retirement and ressurecting Wraith Squadron for a mission in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space or the Satellite Galaxies.

Very Happy Exclamation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

ronbond007 wrote:
I hope this novel will be set Post-FOTJ with Wedge coming out of retirement and ressurecting Wraith Squadron for a mission in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space or the Satellite Galaxies.

Very Happy Exclamation

See I too hope for this- that we get Wedge and some old Wraiths to revive the Squadron for some new dangerous missions!

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:13 am Reply with quote  

I'd settle for Face taking a few of the vets, like Piggy, and reforming or just leading the Wraiths out on a new mission. Most likely the Wraiths were never disbanded so they probably don't need to reform, but maybe they're growing so they need to train a new squadron.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shelly said on the FB chat:

Quote:
Aaron's Wraith Squadron novel takes place around the end of the FotJ.

I am super stoked by this, I was hoping we would see this outside the NR era!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Interesting! I wonder if Aaron's going to be bringing back the Antilles girls from LotF for this.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Really looking forward to Aaron creating a bunch of great new characters, and fleshing out old ones like the Antilles girls (hopefully!). And I'd love to see the return of Face Loran. Ahhh, Face.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 12