Darth Severity's Holocron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Severity's Holocron
 PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This is a wordpress blog I have created that collects my thoughts and writings about the real life application of the Sith philosophy. I have much more to post, but I am doing so slowly. I have meditations and other practical exercises written, which I have created through experimentation, but those will be reserved for people who join, once I get things going.

My plan is to create a real life Sith Order, similar to what has been done with Jediism. I have come across other groups claiming to practice a Sith philosophy, but I have found them to be nothing but fans of the Sith, their discussion boards filled with nothing but "Darth Vader is k@@l! LOLZ!" comments. One other place I found was nothing but a p*ssing contest to see who could be the biggest, most arrogant jack@ss.

The link can be found here: http://darthseveritysholocron.wordpress.com/

If any administration feels that this is in the wrong place, please move it to the proper forum, thank you.

Re: Darth Severity's Holocron
 PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Severity wrote:
One other place I found was nothing but a p*ssing contest to see who could be the biggest, most arrogant jack@ss.

That would be what a real life Sith Order would look like, though.

But basically you want to start a group that dedicates their lifes in persuing evil, greed and selfishness in real life? Confused Rolling Eyes

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote  

That's very interesting. I think you have the tone and character of it nailed. I really liked your exploration of the code as well. However, stepping out of character and into reality, I find myself wondering just how serious you are with this? You're not actually embracing evil are you? In real life?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lord Ree'dius: Arrogance is fine in moderation, but the levels I saw were counterproductive, blinding the person too much to really do anything of worth. I am an arrogant person in real life, and I am selfish and self-indulgent, but only because I know I have a certain level of mastery over my body and mind that the majority of people lack. And, perhaps, arrogance wasn't the correct phrasing I was looking for. I was trying to state that they were just putting up a front, play-acting.

Darth Skuldren: Actually, what you see is what you get. I'm glad you enjoyed my interpretation of the Sith Code. I am definately serious about this, or I wouldn't have dedicated the last three or so years to the project. Evil is just a point of view, and if it is considered evil that I take a view of survival of the fittest, that equality is a lie, vengence instead of turning the other cheek, and that some people are to be used to further yourself, then so be it, I guess that makes me evil.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:42 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

To be honest up front, I'm going to go ahead and say that most everyone here will probably disagree with your viewpoint, including myself. So I will never try to pretend otherwise. However, I am not here to point fingers or judge, other than to respectfully, though strongly, disagree. Along with that, though, comes a few questions.

I have to ask, taking into consideration your beliefs, what you thought of Hitler's actions in the 30s/40s. I do not by any means choose this example to compare you to him (in case it came across that way), but simply because this is an example everyone is familiar with, and one that has actually happened in our history. Rather than some hypothetical situation.

Given the fact that the Jews (and other minorities) could or at least did not fight back, it would seem to justify Hitler's actions when you uphold the belief of survival of the fittest.

I am wondering if I am seeing this as too broad a picture, or if there is something perhaps I am missing. To clarify, I'm just curious what your take is on Hitler's actions.

To follow up on that, though, how far do you go with "some people are to be used to further yourself"? That could be taken to incredible lengths. The above scenario as one such example. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jedi is an actual religion in some countries, so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that people would follow the opposite philosophy. I obviously can't account for what you do in "real-life", but I would advise you to be careful with how you act on those traits on these forums. Evil may be a point of view, but remember that in some situations, the point of view of the authority is all that counts.

For example: equality is a lie is no excuse to mistreat other members. You've done nothing of the sort since being here, so I'm not worried. Just thought I'd put out the reminder. And that warning would go for anyone who would use any type of philosophy to go against the rules of the forums.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Severity wrote:
to really do anything of worth.

And that would be what in this case? Hurt somebody?

Quote:
I am an arrogant person in real life, and I am selfish and self-indulgent, but only because I know I have a certain level of mastery over my body and mind that the majority of people lack.
Bwahahahaha! Laughing

Quote:
Evil is just a point of view, and if it is considered evil that I take a view of survival of the fittest, that equality is a lie, vengence instead of turning the other cheek, and that some people are to be used to further yourself, then so be it, I guess that makes me evil.
Rolling Eyes I'm just going to take my distance now and not comment anymore, I think that's for the best. As you can guess I totally disagree with your viewpoints and can only hope that you'll reap what you sow into the world.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

MJS: Hitler was trying to exterminate the Jews. No one race is more superior than another. I don't condone the things which Hitler had done. While it wasn't the case for the Jews, there are times when it would be smarter to not fight, then to fight, depending on the situation. When I talk about survival of the fittest, I am talking about doing what it takes to survive, to further yourself. Of course, with this, you have to take into account the laws of the place you live. It would be unwise to break the law, making the law breaker one of those who aren't fit to survive (which I expand here to mean be free and out of prison).

As to how far does one go with using people to further yourself, I can say that as long as it doesn't break the law (killing or harming a person without reason, such as you, or a loved one's life being in danger). Undermining people and manipulating them is something I have no problem with. Telling a person what they want to hear (even if it isn't true or meant) to get what you want though, is what I mainly mean in regards to using people.

OMB: As I mentioned above, breaking the law is failure to be one of those strong enough to survive. I do not condone theft, drug/alcohol abuse, rape, child/woman/animal abuse, needless violence, or anything else unlawful.

While I hold the views that I do, I am more or less civil. Courtesty will get you further than being a rude jack@ss. Also, it would be idiotic to get billegerant towards people who are, not only online, but who have never given a reason to act foolishly. When you are in another person's domain (physical or otherwise) it is only proper to adhere to their rules.

Lord Ree'dius: To do anything of worth is just that: doing something worthwhile and that can only help you. Hurting a person (without being attacked) doesn't help you, and it isn't worthwhile, it is counterproductive. What I am referencing is more in academic/work-related/or even hobby related. Alot of people do nothing but sit on their behinds all day and watch television, or they take drugs, or get obscenely drunk, none of which is doing anything worthwhile. But you have those people who are brilliant minds, making a name for themselves through their media be it academics, the arts, media of any sort, or master craftsmen. These are the types of people who bring something to the world, these people are doing things of worth.

Okay, the second quote was rather full of hot air in the phrasing. The point is that I am a prideful person, that I do think of myself first and foremost, and I do indulge in things that make me happy (reading, woodworking, wildlife rescue, etc). I have also been involved in martial arts since I was six years old, I am going on twenty-seven this year. That, and being in the Army, having been to war, all of it does help in refining one's physical and mental conditioning.

I've never said that anyone has to agree with me, I don't expect people to. I find myself disagreeing with all of the world's religions all the time, but that isn't to say that people are entitled to their point of view (which I am not claiming that anyone here has stated so much). It all boils down to "to each their own".

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth_Severity wrote:
MJS: Hitler was trying to exterminate the Jews. No one race is more superior than another. I don't condone the things which Hitler had done. While it wasn't the case for the Jews, there are times when it would be smarter to not fight, then to fight, depending on the situation. When I talk about survival of the fittest, I am talking about doing what it takes to survive, to further yourself. Of course, with this, you have to take into account the laws of the place you live. It would be unwise to break the law, making the law breaker one of those who aren't fit to survive (which I expand here to mean be free and out of prison).

As to how far does one go with using people to further yourself, I can say that as long as it doesn't break the law (killing or harming a person without reason, such as you, or a loved one's life being in danger). Undermining people and manipulating them is something I have no problem with. Telling a person what they want to hear (even if it isn't true or meant) to get what you want though, is what I mainly mean in regards to using people.

Ah, thank you very much for taking the time to clarify. I appreciate it. And I still don't necessarily agree with you, but I see where you're coming from much more clearly now. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dude, I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Star Wars is fiction. I realize that there are life lessons to be had in fiction, but it is very dangerous to base your entire life around it. I can't force you to take my advice, but please reconsider this.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote  

You've ensnared my curiosity just a bit. In your exploration of the Sith Code, or perhaps in your embrace of the Sith Code, do you see room for compassion? Or empathy? From what we see in the Expanded Universe concerning the Sith and these two emotions, they would seem to be weakness. And indeed, in real life they are weakness to a degree because they make you vulnerable. But then again, compassion and empathy are also very human traits and in the form of discussion, bargaining, and diplomacy, such traits become strengths.

Thoughts?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Like any other emotion, if compassion isn't kept in check, it will become a weakness. However, it is still an emotion, and isn't supposed to be repressed. Showing compassion for loved ones, those whose presence add something to your happiness, is understandable, it is only natural. Showing compassion to those who refuse to help themselves, or don't hold any value for you, that is foolish.

You are correct that while interacting with other people, it is good to act least *act* compassionate, or feign empathy. You don't actually have to feel those things, you just have to act like you do. In my Army job, I work with a lot of people that I find distasteful, however, since I do work with them, and depend on them to some degree or another, I act like I care, as if I did like them. I have a lot of favors done for me. Now if I made it known that I, in fact, couldn't stand them, I'd get nothing done, and I'd likely get screwed out of pay as well.

You see what I mean? That is manipulation, it doesn't have to be anything on a global world-dominating scale to be considered manipulation, just simple, little things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 1 of 1