Friends
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
Friends
 PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I was wondering how many other people are dealing with some really serious issues involoving their friends. It seems that since I started college it's been one dramatic thing after another. Lately though I've been dealing with a really serious issue involving my best friend. It's been alot tp deal with and I think I'm dealing with in a good way it's just that sometimes your friends problems can be really overwhelming. Anyone else agree?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I agree with ya. My best friend is getting married to a guy who doesn't treat her very well, but I've got to be there because its my duty to watch her do it. I've said my piece, and she won't listen, so I think that I just get to watch. It distracts me and its just kind of hard to watch sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

My best friend just came out of the closet so I've been dealing with the issues she's been having when coming out. I mean know it's been alot of issues since she got a girlfriend. I feel so bad at times because even I get grossed out at times. I just hope everything will work out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, thats rough. Sorry to hear about that...or maybe I'm not, I don't know. I really don't know what I'd do if one of my friends came out and I really don't have any experience, but I'm sorry you're having a rough time with it. My sympathies.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thanks alot, things are getting better. I just feel bad about how people treat her since she's come out. I mean it's horrible when you see people and how they look at her and they say horrible things to her. I just don't know what is up with people.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

People are just afraid of when something has been a certain way for so long and when they find out it isn't what they thought they overreact and freak out. Maybe they just need time to adjust, and maybe they just need to get over themselves and accept it. Its hard when something changes so significantly and I understand that, but I feel bad for your friend.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I know a few people who have come out, and I don't think of them any differently. Well, one of them I can't stand, but I didn't like her before I found out she was a Lesbian.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

See, I don't really know what I'd do if any of my friends came out of the closet, but I'd be conflicted I think. I don't know how exactly I'd handle it. Maybe I'd be able to just accept it and not change my opinion of them, but some of them I may not be able to handle. I don't know, it'd just be weird. How you doin, Anakinlover? Situation getting better?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think it's just human nature, sadly. You (AL89) you said you felt a little weird at at times, and that's totally normal. Now, before you tell me I hate gays, it's unfamiliar and unnatural for it, but they should not be hated. I don't personally agree with it at all, nor marriages for them, but they shouldn't be not allowed to live.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The situation is getting better. I met my best friend's girlfriend and she's really nice and I know this sounds weird but they do match. Anyway I'm really getting used to her being gay now. I mean she's still the same person it's just what she does in her bedroom thats different. I've realized I shouldn't worry about what she does in her privacy it's none of my business. It just bugs me how people treat her.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not everyone is as understanding about her as you are. It may take some people a lot longer to come around and some may never. Being gay comes with a lot of prejudice, and there are a lot of stereotypes made about them that other people think are true of everyone. You may be the only accepting one for awhile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Eventually, people get used to these things. That doesn't mean they necessarily approve or are content with, but I think they more or less accept it. People treating her wrong is probably part of the revelation of her coming out, but when something else happens, her situation will go on the back burner and people will talk about something else. If that makes any sense . . .

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Humans are a terrible species sometimes. We are the only ones who judge others who are different. And we enjoy drama. I just don't think that people should allow themselves to be affected by the opinions of others, but at the same time I know that nobody can help it. I think your friend has guts, and admitting who she is in her private life to people who want to make a big deal out of it takes a lot of courage. But I agree with Judicar, people will make a big deal out of it until they find something else to latch on to and then they'll accept her.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Things are getting better with my friend it's just amazing how people act when someone comes out that they are gay.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Probably just kind of a shock at first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 1 of 11