Vestara Khai
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

She was mentioned more in LotF than FotJ, though she was in Allies and will apparently be in Conviction.

Seha Dorvald

She helped Ben escape from the temple back in LotF when he went off to do Jacen's bidding. But she later helped with the Jedi attempt to remove Jacen from power in Fury, I believe.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Who's Seha? Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:43 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

She's this random Jedi they established in Legacy of the Force, who was a spy within the Jedi Order for Jacen, but then was redeemed (not in the Redeemed From The Dark Side sense, but the Forgiven For Doing Wrong sense). She's now Octa Ramis's apprentice, and I seem to remember her saying she thought Ben was cute (Ben's 16, and she's maybe 21 or 22?)
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I thought it was Valin Horn that she said she had a crush on. And she oddly thought anyone she liked went insane, first Jacen and then Valin.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I just had a crazy thought. What if Vestara gets possesed by Abeloth?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wouldn't be surprised if she ultimately died at the end of the series, because the current modus operandi seems to be to do stuff that is unexpected simply for the shock value. I definitely could see them comparing this build up of Vestara's character and even redeem her to the light side only to result in her dying as somehow being similar to Anakin Solo in the New Jedi Order, when it would be anything but.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That would be pretty cool, actually. If she was possessed by Abeloth and then perhaps had enough presence of mind left to destroy herself completely? Sacrificing herself to rid the galaxy of an agreed upon evil. This wouldn't even necessarily turn her into a Jedi. Just a responsible Force user. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
That would be pretty cool, actually. If she was possessed by Abeloth and then perhaps had enough presence of mind left to destroy herself completely? Sacrificing herself to rid the galaxy of an agreed upon evil. This wouldn't even necessarily turn her into a Jedi. Just a responsible Force user. Smile

And make Ben even sadder. They already killed his mom, let's not vaporize his first crush as well...

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Ah, the angst.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:

Playing the hand that we've been dealt (id est, accepting JINO for what he is), it would have been better if Jacen survived LOTF and fulfilled this role at the end of Apocalypse, as it would carry substantially more weight than a character introduced in the series. And it would be better than his death in Invincible.

And it would have worked either way, if he escaped and was still a self-proclaimed Dark Lord of the Sith doing this for the galaxy and his daughter, or if he had been redeemed and was a man seeking true redemption for his past deeds. Though I think the latter would have had the most poignancy and redeemed the writers for JINO altogether.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think LJD that we were all hoping for that. Del Rey just botched it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Regarding Vestara Khai.

I think she is the most interesting character in the new series and would be very disappointed if she is killed off. At the end of "Ascension" she seems to have decided she will enjoy what time she has with Ben but will never be able to abandon her "Sith" nature an become a Jedi.

I suppose I am Ok with her not pulled from the dark during the "FOTJ" series but I think it would create a very interesting storyline later in the series for her to pop in and out of Ben's life sometimes as a friend, sometimes as foe.

I fear that the she will be killed off though and effectively redemmed in an unexpected rash act of selflessness that involves her sacrificing herself to save Ben and defeat Abeloth. I really hope the next author up in this series doesn't resort to this because it is utterly predictable and some much less interesting than leaving the door open for Ben to lead her down the road to redemption at a later time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

jake102975 wrote:
Regarding Vestara Khai.

I think she is the most interesting character in the new series and would be very disappointed if she is killed off. At the end of "Ascension" she seems to have decided she will enjoy what time she has with Ben but will never be able to abandon her "Sith" nature an become a Jedi.

I suppose I am Ok with her not pulled from the dark during the "FOTJ" series but I think it would create a very interesting storyline later in the series for her to pop in and out of Ben's life sometimes as a friend, sometimes as foe.

I fear that the she will be killed off though and effectively redemmed in an unexpected rash act of selflessness that involves her sacrificing herself to save Ben and defeat Abeloth. I really hope the next author up in this series doesn't resort to this because it is utterly predictable and some much less interesting than leaving the door open for Ben to lead her down the road to redemption at a later time.

AMEN Brotha!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

If she's killed in the end of the series, it would likely have been a group decision. She's played too large a part in the book for it to be just one person making that call. If anything happens to her at the end, I see her exiling herself to find out what she truly wants.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I see her as surviving and being the next head of the GFFA.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 4 of 5