What is Your Favorite Star Wars Movie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't really consider TCW when ranking the films. It just seems different somehow.

That said, I saw the movie at the midnight premiere and absolutely love it. It's not perfect. The main thing being that four separate episodes thing. But it's still great.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

In order (which usually changes depending on my mood):

Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow! Never seen Empire so far down on a list before. That's pretty interesting. I have no room to talk, though, since I've never decided which is my favorite: A New Hope or The Empire Strikes Back. They're definitely the top two, but I just can't choose. They both make me happy. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm weird. :D

Really it's just that ROTJ is my sentimental favorite because it has all my favorite scenes and all the father-son stuff makes my heart go pitter-patter. ROTS is second because of the drama, and Anakin and Obi-Wan break my heart every time. ANH and ESB are almost tied for me, same with TPM and AOTC. I give the slight edge to ANH just because it was first.

But I love them all, really! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I also ranked ESB that low just last page... Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, indeed you did! Well in my defense, I never actually saw that post. So...the statement still stands! Wink

Still, though, I've almost always seen Empire listed as 1st or 2nd. I guess everybody's got their preferences. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It was really good, but I think it had too much competition. The first four movies in my selection are really close, with the other two behind just a little bit.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol it always frustrates me when people don't list ESB as their favorite or second favorite because I'm kinda pretentious so I like not only the sound of my own voice but my opinion more than others hahaha. In reality I actually understand JediMara77's reasoning by listing RotJ first as all that "father/son" fighting is really really intense and meaningful to me as well Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
The more times I see AotC, the worse I hate it.

It's the same with me. The love story is not a love story at all. Anakin is too whinny and seems to have lost his maturity he had in the phantom menace. Yoda's fight with dooku was too much. And the name "dooku" I mean come on. Lucas-as well as EU writers-have come up with some bazaar and screwy names for characters. O_o

My favorite is Empire Strikes Back. It's very rare for a sequel to be successful and Empire did it all in every category. It got more interesting, intense, more mysterious on the force, the jedi, Luke growing more mature, Vader's revelation, Han and Leia's love interest, C-3P0 and R2's comedy was much more entertaining and the new worlds we got to see were spectacular and not to mention a great climax!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I actually like AOTC pretty well. Since I saw the movies when they originally came out, I really enjoyed seeing the OJO and how it worked.

A New Hope is always going to be my favorite because I saw it first. It was just so fresh and unique. Of the OT it would have to ANH, ROTJ, ESB. Overall ESB doesn't make it into my top 3. ANH, ROTS, ROTJ then ESB. I like TPM and AOTC because they set things up and we get to see Coruscant and the OJO. I waited a long time to see that. Unfortunately we also got Jar Jar and baby Vader. I just can't stand the kid who plays Anakin in TPM. I thought Hadyn did a decent job with the dialogue he had to deal with. He's no Ewan McGregor -- who's brilliant btw. Look at how he handled his dialogue -- but he does as good a job as he can.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i no that no body has posted on this for a few months but i would like to say my favourites in order. ROTJ is definately my favourite everythin about it was awesome. i cant quite decide which is 2nd and 3rd between ANH and ESB as i love them both. i was a bit disapointed wiv parts of all 3 prequal films but overall still enjoy them with ROTS in 4th place AOTC in 5th and TPM is last for 1 reason. jar jar binks as i really did dislike him. i apologise to any fans of him on here but he was really annoying.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't think there are any fans of him here. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

My list fluctuates sometimes, but I'm basing these on the movies as a whole. Eg. I LOVE all of the Jabba's palace bits and the final battle in the throne room, but think the rest is dull.

1) ANH - THE GOOD: Almost everything, plus the simplicity. MOS EISLEY CANTINA. It makes me smile. Also, the BEST soundtrack. THE BAD: The Obi-Vader duel was pretty bad. IIRC there was not a single backflip in the entire movie. Didn't really like much of the space battle near the end

2) ESB - THE GOOD: Better lightsaber duel, Hoth, better character interaction whein they're in the exogorth, AT-AT's, "No, I... am your father." That WHAAAAT moment when we saw Boba and Vader on Bespin. Yoda. Bounty Hunters. THE BAD: Luke not shutting up while he's training. No Tatooine.

3) RotS - THE GOOD: The execution of Order 66, the Mustafar Battle and the 501st marching to the Jedi temple were some of the best movie scenes EVER. Almost everything after Mr McPalps reveals himself as the Dark Lord of the Sith.THE BAD: Anakin still being kinda whiny, but not as much as the rest of the PT. It kind of annoyed me when Palpio was going "No, no, no, no, no". Padme. Vader could have had a bit more dignity instead of walking like Frankenstein and saying something very unoriginal when he had become the ruler of the knkown Galaxy

4) RotJ - THE GOOD: Jabba's palace. The introduction of the Emperor. "IT'S A TRAP!" THE BAD: After they left Tatooine I thought it was pretty dry.

5) TPM - I have put this quite low down on my list but I don't think it's that bad. THE GOOD: Qui Gon, Maul, good music (DotF) THE BAD: Podrace. Jar Jar. NISM?

6) Aotc - THE GOOD: Almost no redeeming qualities. We got to see a glimpse of Coruscant's bubbling undercity. Oh, and Christopher Lee as Dooku THE BAD: Fireplace. Prancing. Fields. Rolling. Very, very dull. 3PO WITH HIS HEAD ON A BATTLE DROID. Dellow felegates. Arena scene. The Battle of Geonosis lasted about 27 seconds. We find out that the Death Star, the ultimate power in the universe (although paling in comparison the the Force.) was designed by a silly Geonosian.

I think that's it. I'm not putting any spoiler tags, as I am assuming everyone here has seen Star Wars Wink

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I find it interesting that the lack of backflips is a negative for the original Star Wars.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:03 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

It's kind of both a positive and a negative. It means there wasn't much action, as demonstrated by the Obi-Vader duel (apart from space action) compared to the mega jumping around and throwing and flipping in, say, the carbon freezing chamber. BUT It does mean more emphasis on story rather than distracting us from the plot, in the case of AotC, distracting us from how thin the plot was. I like the way ESB managed the perfect mix of the uber battles and a nice little sub-story going on between Han and Leia.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 11 of 17