Upcoming Movie Releases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Saw Indy 4 yesterday and I must say it's one of my favories of all of them. It had a great plot and the acting was great as well. I'd give it 5 out of 5 stars. A must see movie

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I saw Iron Man again today and I can officially say that I am annoyed.

In the last few weeks, I have seen Speed Racer, Iron Man, Indy 4 and I haven't seen the Clone Wars trailer once! Makes me so....angry. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:29 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, I saw Indy 4 twice and i also saw Prince Caspian.

I watched Indiana Jones yesterday with my sister, and we both enjoyed it so much we got the whole family out to see it today. It also helped because there were some parts I didn't understand the first time I watched it that I got the second time. I loved the references to the other films. I also loved the very end, (Which I will not reveal for those who haven't seen it yet.) I think it's one of the best of all the Indy films.

I think its interesting how all of the bad guys in the Indy films get what they want, and it kills them.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am one of the only people who didn't like Indy 4 all that much. It had good action and I'm not sorry I saw it (hard to find that Indy flair anymore) but the plotline and the main artifact were kinda dumn.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I almsot agree with you Caedus, except for a few things.

1) The original Indy movies were parodies of movies in the 40's. Indy 4 is a parody of movies in the 50's wich often included flying saucers and aliens.

2) A lot of the historical background they describe (The large icons in the ground, etc) are real. In fact, there is more out there that I think the Indy movie should have included, like ancient Aztec or Mayan drawings depicting men in space suits. I thought the alien story worked well until the end.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I loved the action, the fights and chases. The overall basic storyline had several holes.

Major spoiler alert!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I saw Prince Caspian twice. The first time I hated it it and came home sobbing, but the second time, I enjoyed it much more. It is now my second favorite movie (right under The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I actually saw Caspian a few minutes ago (Just got home), and must say I enjoyed it. It was funny and clever; I'm excited for the next one.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I know XD
A student in my class is all "Yeah, since George Lucas was with it, it was like watching Star Wars ALL over again. And I was like "ORLLLYYY?" so I got to see it, a lot of people agreed with him that it had a Star Wars glimpse to it XD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote  

I didn't notice any Star Wars in Indy 4, however there was a bit of American Graffiti in it. When you look at the time frame it's in, the entire theme fits perfectly. And the alien aspect is far more Speilberg than Lucas.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I saw the American Graffiti aspects. I also thought that the aliens reminded me more of Close Encounters of the Third Kind than Star Wars, but still it was Lucas's idea to put them in. I really think he should have left his alien desires in Star Wars and left Indiana Jones with the Religious artifacts and pagan rituals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote  

The next movie I'm looking forward to, other than Batman, is Get Smart. The preview look really funny, and it looks well done too. The Love Guru, and The Zohan both look a little corny. And The Incredible Hulk has me a little confused as to why Edward Norton is the Hulk. Looks like they're throwing away the first one and just remaking it completely. And thought I like Norton and Tim Roth, the bad guy in the film, it's not quite enough to get me pumped for this one. Plus the bad guy just looks like an ugly version of the Hulk.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The bad guy is called Abomination. He's been changed significantly from his comic book persona to be a doppelganger for the Hulk, and this isn't quite a sequal, and it isn't quite a remake, but they do want to revamp the series with an all new cast because of how bad the first one was. I love Norton though, so this could be pretty good. And I'm a Batman geek, so the Dark Knight is getting me pretty excited. I've been following the viral campaign and its getting pretty eerie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
I actually saw Caspian a few minutes ago (Just got home), and must say I enjoyed it. It was funny and clever; I'm excited for the next one.

As am I, my DLF.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:29 am Reply with quote  

The Happening

Saw this opening night. Very good movie. Rather interesting idea for a movie. Plus there were some intriguing character explorations in general.

I give it 4/5 stars

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 6 of 7